HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Gagne Crap goes here!

Old
10-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
All Gagne Crap goes here!

According to Sportsnet, The Flyers are trying to trade Gagne. It's on their "Hockey Hearsay" section.

Would anyone be interested?

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:23 PM
White Snake*

HE is a great two way player. But with his price tag, Kovalev would have to be involved in the deal.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
According to Sportsnet, The Flyers are trying to trade Gagne. It's on their "Hockey Hearsay" section.

Would anyone be interested?
Either the Flyers would have to bring some major cap hi back in or there are really only 10 teams that can afford to take him, and even less when some of those teams have budgets set by thier owners.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Clumsyhab

CKAC is going crazy. They wanna trade Price + Markov + Ryder for him.

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:26 PM
vcx*

How much capspace do we have?

I wouldn't mind dumping Ryder & Bonk + 2nd rounder for Gagne

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Squeaky

That's not according to Sportsnet, it's according to The Daily Herald in Chicago. Sportsnet is just repeating the info from this article: http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bl....asp?id=244510

Gagne is barely even mentioned in the article itself, so I don't find this rumor to be particularly credible.

Anyways, the only way Philly trades Gagne is in a blockbuster trade, which I really don't see Montreal being interested in. The only deal that makes sense to me from a habs POV would be Kovalev+ for Gagne, but I doubt that would interest the Flyers at all.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
terreur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
All the CKAC deals were very stupid and will never happen.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
One Trick Pony

who cares about gagne we dont have a real center for him to be good

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Hmmm, that is strange, it seems to be an underpaying by their standarts. Perhaps I should listen to this, maybe throw in an opinion once in a while regarding Villeneuve's seemingly desire to make love to himself. Stay tuned.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
madbox

Quote:

Yeah NO. And just no to Gagne anyways... we need a centre. Not that I'm a big Gagne fan anyways

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
kostitsyn1489

No ay I give Price at first! I dont think Gagne is that great. He's a Higgins without any vision... This guy can score but nothing esle.

If Gagne is comming we have to trade Ryder but he's UFA so his market value is not great. So Ryder + Huet + O'Byrne/Coté I guess...

I'm not a big gagne's fan. His salary is quite high and I dont think they really want one of our big salary because they're all quite old or UFA or both.

Pitkanen is my guy... But our player are really young and good UFA or Old... Quite hard tell. Depends what they're looking for.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:33 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Gagne is one of the first players get I would trade for if I could. He's a great scorer and he would be the semi-impact forward we're looking for.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
No ay I give Price at first! I dont think Gagne is that great. He's a Higgins without any vision... This guy can score but nothing esle.

If Gagne is comming we have to trade Ryder but he's UFA so his market value is not great. So Ryder + Huet + O'Byrne/Coté I guess...

I'm not a big gagne's fan. His salary is quite high and I dont think they really want one of our big salary because they're all quite old or UFA or both.

Pitkanen is my guy... But our player are really young and good UFA or Old... Quite hard tell. Depends what they're looking for.
Ryder is an RFA. Personally I don't think that Gagne is worth what it would take to get him.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:39 PM
CHareth

I wish we had been able to trade for him during the summer instead of signing Samsonov.

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:40 PM
leafaholix*

Pavol Demitra cost Minnesota: Patrick O'Sullivan, 1st round pick

Patrick O'Sullivan at the time (and now) was (is) better than any prospect the Montreal Canadiens have in their system. And Pavol Demitra is quite a bit older than Simon Gagne.

So, it would surely cost the Habs a lot, something along the lines of:

Christopher Higgins
Carey Price
2nd Rounder

or

Carey Price
Tomas Plekanec/Andrei Kostitsyn
1st Rounder

IMO, it would be an overpayment for any team to acquire Gagne. Few players are worth that kind of compensation.

leafaholix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:43 PM
TheHoser

Kostitsyn + Ryder + Pick for Gagne. That's as high as I'd be willing to go.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Morons is all I can say. He is not that good.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:48 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Ryder is an RFA. Personally I don't think that Gagne is worth what it would take to get him.
Really? It's his 3rd contract:S. Anyway.

So it's sure he'sin the deal with some value then. Gagne without a great passer isnt very effective. He didnt do anything without Forsberg last year. I wouldnt give that much for him...

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Talent Analyst

Lol ? Price loonely > Gagné

No way that I'll trade a future top 10 goalie for a 30 goal scorer . Without Forsberg he'll put 30 goal .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:34 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by your_rogers_bill View Post
Pavol Demitra cost Minnesota: Patrick O'Sullivan, 1st round pick

Patrick O'Sullivan at the time (and now) was (is) better than any prospect the Montreal Canadiens have in their system. And Pavol Demitra is quite a bit older than Simon Gagne.

So, it would surely cost the Habs a lot, something along the lines of:

Christopher Higgins
Carey Price
2nd Rounder

or

Carey Price
Tomas Plekanec/Andrei Kostitsyn

1st Rounder

IMO, it would be an overpayment for any team to acquire Gagne. Few players are worth that kind of compensation.
Insane...

Chris Higgins alone would get us Gagné... Both players are very similar but Higgins is younger and cheaper... Personally I wouldnt do this...

I would propose Kovalev + Aebisher for Gagné.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
How much capspace do we have?

I wouldn't mind dumping Ryder & Bonk + 2nd rounder for Gagne
The dumbest comment I've heard in a long stretch....
Dump Ryder....Bwahahahaha

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:53 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I would love to have Gagné.

But he has a wicked big conctrat... and I don't wanna lose Kovalev

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Pascal

Quote:
haha, i hope that's not serious.

I would MAYBE trade Price for Gagne. Big maybe.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:11 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Higgins next year will be better than Gagne now. No freaking way.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 06:20 PM
MXD

Trade for Gagné - Or why Michel Villeneuve should be banned from airwaves

Hi all,

'was coming back from work, and kept on switching between music (see : my 3 topics on the new Lemonheads album) and CKAC, since I wanted to get NHL results (and Pierre Vercheval analysis, too -- by far the only analyst really deserving his job and self-made title in the whole Quebec sports community), and I fell on a quote, brought by Jean-Charles (I don't know his last name, and it's not like I matter), that Philly, led by new GM Mike Holmgren, wanted to make changes.

By then, something ticked inside my mind : "No... Not another bring Simon Gagné thread" and "No... please not a Price package thing - Gagné talks". You can guess exactly what happened : Jean Charles suggesting something along the lines of Price-Kovalev for Gagné, which Michel Villeneuve considered "underpayment"... Some users suggested a Price - Markov - Rivet - Ryder for Gagné ALONE! (okay, Rivet could be seen as a salary dump, it doesn't excuse the proposal at all)

My point : If I'm Paul Holmgren, sure, I look to trade Gagné. He's a good player, that would play on the 1st lines on many teams, is very responsible, and so on... But, he's like 5 M$... and locked for a while! And I surely look about getting a future goaltender -- either a promising young one but not quite established (a la Hannu Toivonen) or some guy touted as a future star (Rask/Price/Montoya...). Considering Gagné wins a lot, I would consider taking a salary dump, and in all logic, this "salary dump" should be a D-Men in order to have some usefulness to this team (unless Gagné is traded to Pittsburg, who have plenty of cap room, but we can assume this WON'T happen) -- in fact, I'll be looking for the best offer.

I'm not the one whining at the media for wetting their pants about a french-speaking kids (I even this the anglo part of this board is quite anti-franco and would go toward any player BUT a franco -- Guillaume Latendresse is getting an awful lot of grief on this board, mind you), but for Gagné, it's like too much.

It hasn't been mentionned by the freaks calling at CKAC, but in the cap era, and considering ages of concerned players, I WOULD NOT TRADE CHRIS HIGGINS FOR SIMON GAGNÉ, ONE FOR ONE. While Gagné is good, he earns way too much for this team (he would be the best paid player) and is not a savior in any way. He had one great season with Forsberg as a center, and looks much like a defensively responsible forward who's gonna be a 65-70 pts guy in the current NHL format with any other center than Forsberg . But wait... we DO have someone like this in our lineup making about 5 millions less bucks a year, right?! Gagné isn't more physical nor bigger than Higgins (if he would, a move would START making sense).

Not only it would be redundant and irrelevant to have Gagné... The worst is... what we are ready to give for him! Gagné might as well be the 3rd toughest contract to trade in the NHL, after the before-30 version of Dipietro and the after-30 version of Dipietro. YET, some clowns would give what we could consider our future #1 goalie, a #1 liner also happening to be our best goalscorer OR another #1 liner not playing on a #1 line also happening to be our second best goalscorer WITH our best(and only one in the regular lineup if Streit is benched when the injured players come back) puck-moving D-Men OR The D-Men behind our PP(and mojo provider). Some would add a 1st or a 2nd as well...

Taken logically, in the BETTER of cases, we get a slightly more efficient Higgins making 5M$ more a year. We are giving what we consider our future #1 goalie (I don't trust Halak or Danis at all for handling such a workload, and I don't consider Desjardins, Lacasse or Heino discussion worthy for now), A 1st liner that will take Gagné spot in the roster and a D that will likely take the 2nd spot on their roster.

They need goaltending prospects badly... We don't need a 1st liner badly. BTW, this trade wouldn't even do a place for A.Kost.

I'm I the only one beleiving Simon Gagne doesn't deserve such of an erection?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote