HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks scouting the Rangers

Old
11-01-2006, 12:03 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
We do not need defensemen with potential. We already have a few as you and I have mentioned.We desperately need top six forwards, which we don't have many of. Thus.I would not make the deal..Our need for Prucha, over the long term, is greater than the need for Seabrook
I think that excellent defensemen are going to be the key to having a successfull future in the NHL. A back-6 that has Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Seabrook (anyone notice a pattern here?), Toots & Baranka is off to a great great start. Providing that they all make it off course and are not derailed by injuries (Sauer is starting to scare me a bit).

Again, I am certainly not advocating dealing Prucha, but Seabrook is a name that would make me listen.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:04 PM
HajdukSplit

on the YES Network (I know not the most reliable source) they say a trade can involve Petr Prucha

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:06 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
on the YES Network (I know not the most reliable source) they say a trade can involve Petr Prucha
what did they say??? I missed it

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:07 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You ARE aware of who Seabrook is right? You cannot blindly dismiss something like that.
Yeah, check my earlier post in this thread where I actually brought Seabrook up as the only guy from the Hawks I'd take a flyer on... but NOT for Prucha, that's my point...

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Diehardfan419

UGH. We cant deal prucha. Who in our sysetm can develop into what he already is? A proven 30 goal scorer at minumum wage, is fearless, can skate, hit, and loves playing here. He also is not intimidated by playing here, which is a consideration. Im not as high on Seabrook as others. I just cant stand big players who dont at least hit. Is Seabrook another Poti? Remember, Poti was a huge prospect with the Oilers, too.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:12 PM
HajdukSplit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
what did they say??? I missed it
it was before Mike and the Mad Dog, they were showing the Islanders highlights and the reporter said there are rumors that the Rangers and B'hawks are making a trade, then he said "watch out for Petr Prucha being involved"

HajdukSplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
UGH. We cant deal prucha. Who in our sysetm can develop into what he already is? A proven 30 goal scorer at minumum wage, is fearless, can skate, hit, and loves playing here. He also is not intimidated by playing here, which is a consideration. Im not as high on Seabrook as others. I just cant stand big players who dont at least hit. Is Seabrook another Poti? Remember, Poti was a huge prospect with the Oilers, too.
To play devil's advocate:

Prucha is not a proven 30 goal scorer. He did it once. So too did Radek Dvorak.

11-01-2006, 12:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
it was before Mike and the Mad Dog, they were showing the Islanders highlights and the reporter said there are rumors that the Rangers and B'hawks are making a trade, then he said "watch out for Petr Prucha being involved"
Seems like its safe to say they are just parroting what the Post reported.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
Is Seabrook another Poti? Remember, Poti was a huge prospect with the Oilers, too.
What made you compare Seabrook to Poti? If you look at things that way, ANY defensive prospect can be compared to Poti.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:17 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg View Post
Yeah, check my earlier post in this thread where I actually brought Seabrook up as the only guy from the Hawks I'd take a flyer on... but NOT for Prucha, that's my point...
Why?

Old
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
bathgate

Quote:
I think that excellent defensemen are going to be the key to having a successfull future in the NHL. A back-6 that has Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti, Seabrook (anyone notice a pattern here?), Toots & Baranka is off to a great great start. Providing that they all make it off course and are not derailed by injuries (Sauer is starting to scare me a bit).

Again, I am certainly not advocating dealing Prucha, but Seabrook is a name that would make me listen.
I understand your point. However, the future defense appears to have a strong core. Less so with the forwards. In my mind, Prucha will be a major offensive contributor, assuming we find a capable center who is allowed to grow and flourish.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:24 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Why?
Why? Cause he's not worth Prucha, and it seems like that's the general consensus...

Old
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
eco's bones

Peter Prucha just seems like a player that rumors are going to swirl around. I have not been following the Blackhawks and would wonder how well Seabrook is playing this year and just how much such a young player can do to steady our very wobbly defensive corps. Again back to Cullimore, Seabrook for Prucha, Kaspar/Malik/Rachunek or whatever--we'll then have 9 d'men and a hole on the second line that I'm not sure that say someone like Hall will fill adequately. That's another consideration because it might have a big effect on the rest of this season even if it's a big boost all in all for our future team. We're still going to need guys who can score goals and to take a look at the Penguins with Malkin and Crosby leading the way they look like they're going to be huge and sooner than later.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Peter Prucha just seems like a player that rumors are going to swirl around.
Of course the rumors are going to swirl around him. What other player on the Rangers is really desirable (assuming Jagr, Straka, Nylander and Shanny aren't available)? Tyutin, I guess.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:35 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Why? Cause he's not worth Prucha, and it seems like that's the general consensus...
That is not really an answer. General consensus of whom? And why is he not worth Prucha? Surely there has to be a reason.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:36 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Of course the rumors are going to swirl around him. What other player on the Rangers is really desirable (assuming Jagr, Straka, Nylander and Shanny aren't available)? Tyutin, I guess.
And let's not ignore the fact that Renney has never really taken to Prucha nor been a big believer that he is a top-6 forward.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
What made you compare Seabrook to Poti? If you look at things that way, ANY defensive prospect can be compared to Poti.

IM not comparing him to Poti, per se. What im doing is that saying how I have alot of reservations on guys with good size who dont use it and are prospects. Are they soft? can they handle themselves in the higher league. Prucha has already proven he can play at this level..and play well. Who else in our sysetm of forwad has scored 30 in the NHL? None. If Prucha were like 28-29, maybe. But he's young, cheap, shows up every night and has scored 30. He looks like he has the hands to be at least a consistent 25 goal scorer/second liner. We dont have alot of them in our system.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
That is not really an answer. General consensus of whom? And why is he not worth Prucha? Surely there has to be a reason.
Why are you so hell-bent on trading Prucha? Did you not appreciate the contribution he made to our team last year? Oh yeah, let's reward a rookie who scored 30 goals last year for a D-man who's not even a legitimate #1 D-man. I think Seabrook can be had for less than Prucha, so why bail on him bro?

Old
11-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
And let's not ignore the fact that Renney has never really taken to Prucha nor been a big believer that he is a top-6 forward.
That speaks more to Renney and the fact he maybe shouldnt be making these descisions about young players. What does Prucha have to do to prove to him that he is a 2nd line player? What..scoring 30 goals..always hustling....showing very good hands....keeping his mouth shut? Thats not enough? Prucha is being mis-used by Renney..its obvious to me.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:41 PM
who_me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Hello... Duncan Keith???

I love how everyone just ignores him.
that's cuz he sucks... and that's coming from a Hawks fan.

If you'd rather have him instead of Seabrook for Prucha, that'd be great.

who_me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Why are you so hell-bent on trading Prucha? Did you not appreciate the contribution he made to our team last year? Oh yeah, let's reward a rookie who scored 30 goals last year for a D-man who's not even a legitimate #1 D-man. I think Seabrook can be had for less than Prucha, so why bail on him bro?
I don't want to speak for TB but I don't see as being hell-bent on trading Prucha. I just think that he feels that Prucha is by no means untouchable. Nobody is saying we gotta get this guy out of here.

Old
11-01-2006, 12:45 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Larry:Your point is well taken. We do not need defensemen with potential. We already have a few as you and I have mentioned.We desperately need top six forwards, which we don't have many of. Thus.I would not make the deal..Our need for Prucha, over the long term, is greater than the need for Seabrook

Right now its not our offense thats losing games. Its our pathetic d. For us to compete we've got to shore up our defense. Prucha at 24 is a very valuable player; however, not too many d-men that at 21 have accomplished as much as Seabrook.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't want to speak for TB but I don't see as being hell-bent on trading Prucha. I just think that he feels that Prucha is by no means untouchable. Nobody is saying we gotta get this guy out of here.
Oh I agree, but if Prucha is to be traded, we should be getting back a LEGITIMATE #1 D-man in some sorta deal, that's all...

Old
11-01-2006, 12:50 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
I think alot of people are greatly underestimating Seabrook. Here's a 21 year old who was one of the Hawks best d-men last year as a rookie. The guy can play the point on the pp, skates very well and has good size. Now we've got no one in the system that can do that for atleast another season or so. Do you seriously believe that the Hawks are gonna give up that for something less than a Prucha? Who do you suggest? Tyutin? Lundqvist? Montoya? or Staal? I don't think Immonen gets it done.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 12:52 PM
J-Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
I think alot of people are greatly underestimating Seabrook. Here's a 21 year old who was one of the Hawks best d-men last year as a rookie. The guy can play the point on the pp, skates very well and has good size. Now we've got no one in the system that can do that for atleast another season or so. Do you seriously believe that the Hawks are gonna give up that for something less than a Prucha? Who do you suggest? Tyutin? Lundqvist? Montoya? or Staal? I don't think Immonen gets it done.
Maybe not Immonen alone, but throw a pick in there and they could bite. I wouldn't want to trade any of the others you suggested, but who knows, right?