HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you do this? (Forsberg to Anaheim)

Old
10-31-2006, 07:01 PM
Winston Wolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
Perezhogin: I'll give you some crap you don't need for Forsberg.
PY: Piss off.
Perezhogin: Fine, keep him. Forsberg sucks anyways. *storms off*
You mean perezhogin_19, right? Because Alexander Perezhogin would probably take batting practice at your face if you told him to piss off.

*waits for angry PMs in French*

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
Perezhogin: I'll give you some crap you don't need for Forsberg.
PY: Piss off.
Perezhogin: Fine, keep him. Forsberg sucks anyways. *storms off*

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:03 PM
vcx*

Why the hell do the ducks want an oft injured player in Forsberg?

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:32 PM
mdm815

Trading forsberg isnt an outrageous comcept, but only if we can get some very good young prospects/up and coming players who can help make this team great in about 3 years, b/c we can be cellar dwellers til then and get some high picks. Then its liek the sens all over.

mdm815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDuck View Post
the most you'd get outta Burke is probably something like Perry, Giguere, and a 2nd for Forsberg.

ANA's proabable untouchables---

Penner
Niedermayer (both)
Pronger
Getzlaf
Beauchemin
Selanne
Kunitz
McDonald
Theyre not untouchables, theyre just players you dont want to trade.

Do you think the Ducks would turn down a Rob Niedermeyer for Forsberg trade, how about Spezza for Selanne, Phaneuf for Beachemin, Pitkanen for McDonald?

Theres probably 1 or 2 untouchables on most rosters and you have half the roster listed.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Coug555

Forsberg is not going West! He will be in the East the rest of his career unless there is a slim chance he goes back to Colorado.

Coug555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 03:19 AM
12 oz Papa*

Just for fun:

To ANA:
Forsberg

To PHI:
Bruno St. Jacques
Stanislav Chistov
3rd round pick
and maybe...
Joe DiPenta

12 oz Papa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Kesler Kills Kommies

Morrison+1st round+cooke+2nd round.

Kesler Kills Kommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Nordic*

He´s getting old, he´s on his last year contractwise, he´s steadily declined performancewise the last 2 years and I honestly think he´s losing the passion for the game, the one thing that distinguished him from all the other sc "superstars".

Philly needs defence, and defence starts with the forwards.

Forsberg for Påhlsson + a 2:nd.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 04:48 AM
Hammerwise

perry, giguere and a 2nd wouldn't be bad, but you are looking at a club that is in it to win it this year. You don't have pronger and neids for nothing. I can't see them giving up the farm but I think might get:

Perry, Giguere and Ryan for Forsberg and Esche and (Umberger, a 2nd?)

We here at HF overvalue picks/prospects something awful sometimes and seem to forget the price that some teams will pay to get the cup. A team like ANA won't let the season pass without a big move if they think it will take them to the promised land, if only this year. Same with OTT, with league parity, "waiting until next year" doesn't mean as much.

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 05:50 AM
Steve L*

The Flyers need defence as in defencemen so they dont have to play the likes of Jones or Baumgartner.

They have more than enough forward depth as it is.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 05:52 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperMogilny2K6 View Post
How bout

To Ana
Forsberg

To PHI
Gigaure
Getzlaf
Perry
Penner
How has this guy not gotten banned is beyond me

Forsberg would not get one of Getzlaf or Perry

Phily right now is not exactly dealing from strength and to get a potential star might be asking alot....especially this time in the season and especially with Forsberg's contract and injury problems. At the trade deadline you might get a good package for him...if he is not hurt which of course is a possibility with him.

I don't want to beat you over the head with this, but the Flyers are not a very good team. You guys have watched enough hockey to know this and to accept it. If I was the GM I would be sending Hatcher down to the farm for the duration of his contract and playing the kids. You guys have very good potential talent on your team and with the young age for free agency it is not beyond reason to have a bounce back year next year with the added bonus of a top 5 pick in the draft this year.

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Peter The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug555 View Post
Forsberg is not going West! He will be in the East the rest of his career unless there is a slim chance he goes back to Colorado.
Yes, he will most probably stay in Philadelphia but there may be a slim chance he goes back to Colorado if this year ends up in a catastrophy. Colorado may open cap space and seriously try to get him, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

But if I know Forsberg right he will take Flyers to playoffs this year and then we will see what happens, he is a winner with a big heart and Flyers is a popular team in Sweden, especially since the Lindbergh era. I'm very sure that Forsberg first hand wants to win in Philadelphia. (Even If Forsberg also may think that it would be cool to end his career with another Stanley Cup in Colorado.) I have never ever seen Forsberg as a leader though, I would never make Forsberg a captain. He may be a good leader on the ice but not off the ice and that's important too. In Sweden we have many captains who we rank higher than Forsberg.

Flyers really need to take control of their defense though. Trading Kim was simply a catastrophy and a very weird move, giving Hatcher a huge contract also a catastrophy. Clark has also historically liked playing huge strong "Flyers type of" players, in the new NHL that didn't work any longer.

I'm glad Clark is gone. He totally lacks of patience and when he is thinking longterm then he signs Hatcher to a huge contract?

Hatcher has unfortunately seen his best days.

Last edited by 21: 11-01-2006 at 06:31 AM.
21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Just for fun:

To ANA:
Forsberg

To PHI:
Bruno St. Jacques
Stanislav Chistov
3rd round pick
and maybe...
Joe DiPenta
Congratulations, you've made the most brutal proposal I've ever seen.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 10:01 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Just for fun:

To ANA:
Forsberg

To PHI:
Bruno St. Jacques
Stanislav Chistov
3rd round pick
and maybe...
Joe DiPenta
That's not a bad proposal.

It's a sad proposal.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 10:38 AM
rockit

our poor flyers section is getting Trade Proposal Spammed.

rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:04 PM
dedhed

This is an interesting thread,and not a bad proposal however,the Flyers will not make a trade before they get a GM.They first need to attain the services of a full time General Manager,and Ed Snider is already on the hunt for one,(he's upset that his friend Colin Campbell declined the offer).As for their current "interim" GM,(sorry "Homer",you suck,you have no experience,you were nothing but Clarke's monkey boy,and Snider only gave you the position to keep the office seat filled until the real man shows up),Holmgren was a lousy hockey player and his record as a front office person is not too noteworthy.
Back to the intent of the thread.Forsberg probably will not be dealt,(I think he'd retire first).Snider would like to see his franchise rebuilt by using Peter as a lore to bring players to Philly.If he is dealt away,who would want to come to the lousy Gagne-led Flyers?
If anyone should be on the block,it should be Gagne.

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Geogaddi

The Rangers will give ya Dale Purinton for Simon Gagne...You guys get a "Hard-Nosed" D-man, and we take alot of Salary!

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:42 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperMogilny2K6 View Post
How bout

To Ana
Forsberg

To PHI
Gigaure
Getzlaf
Perry

Penner
Your the guy that suggested Forsberg, Gagne, 1st (possibly a lottery pick), and Carter for Thornton and Nabokov, arent you?

MojoJojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Flyers_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post
Yes, he will most probably stay in Philadelphia but there may be a slim chance he goes back to Colorado if this year ends up in a catastrophy. Colorado may open cap space and seriously try to get him, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

But if I know Forsberg right he will take Flyers to playoffs this year and then we will see what happens, he is a winner with a big heart and Flyers is a popular team in Sweden, especially since the Lindbergh era. I'm very sure that Forsberg first hand wants to win in Philadelphia. (Even If Forsberg also may think that it would be cool to end his career with another Stanley Cup in Colorado.) I have never ever seen Forsberg as a leader though, I would never make Forsberg a captain. He may be a good leader on the ice but not off the ice and that's important too. In Sweden we have many captains who we rank higher than Forsberg.

Flyers really need to take control of their defense though. Trading Kim was simply a catastrophy and a very weird move, giving Hatcher a huge contract also a catastrophy. Clark has also historically liked playing huge strong "Flyers type of" players, in the new NHL that didn't work any longer.

I'm glad Clark is gone. He totally lacks of patience and when he is thinking longterm then he signs Hatcher to a huge contract?

Kim Johnnson wasn't traded, he left as a UFA for more money than we gave Hatcher. We didn't have the cap space plus he was a huge risk after he spent most of last year with a concussion. KJ was out for most of the year so his not being here doesn't really explain the difference between last year and this year. We can bash Clark all we want for Hatcher in hindsight but at the time every sports magazine was lauding the Flyers for it and calling them Cup favorites.

I do agree though that Forsberg doesn't sound like he's the type to hold the players accountable in the lockeroom and for that reason alone he shouldn't be captain.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Flyers_01

I'd also like to point out things may have gone differently as far as signing UFAs this offseason if Primeau didn't wait until training camp to retire, that really hosed us as far as getting a quality replacement.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers_01 View Post
I'd also like to point out things may have gone differently as far as signing UFAs this offseason if Primeau didn't wait until training camp to retire, that really hosed us as far as getting a quality replacement.
I agree. An extra $3+ million on July 1st could have landed us one of the big name defensemen.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 05:33 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21 View Post

I dont see Colorado being much closer to a cup then the Flyers. Am I wrong?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 07:21 PM
peteo

Proposal Forsberg To Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Esche+Forsberg
Giguere+Bobby Ryan+2nd

Then maaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Yes YES DONE