HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Pyatt Taking Game Up a Notch in OHL

Old
10-31-2006, 01:41 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Prospect Pyatt Taking Game Up a Notch in OHL

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=2377

Quote:
In his fourth year with the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League, the 19-year old has established himself as one of the most complete all-around players not only in the OHL, but in all of major junior hockey.
Quote:
While his past accolades and accomplishments are certainly noteworthy, this year is shaping up to be something spectacular for the 6-foot, 185-pound center drafted by the Rangers in 2005. He is off to the best start of his career with 14 goals and 11 assists for 25 points in only 15 games. He is currently second the OHL in goals and tied for eighth in points.
If he grew another inch from last year then thats good news.

Quote:
"I've never really been a selfish player," he said, "and I still don't consider myself one, but I am a lot hungrier this year to score goals. I just want to score goals. I am focusing on being there for rebounds and deflections, and trying to learn different ways that I am able to put the puck in the net. I'm still playing the same way, but I am learning more about my game."
Quote:
Pyatt is not the only future Ranger plying his trade in Saginaw. The team's 2006 fifth-round draft choice, Tomas Zaborsky, is playing his first North American season with the Spirit. Much to the delight of the Rangers, Pyatt has taken Zaborsky under his wing, and is assisting him in any way he can. So far, he is impressed with what he is seen.

"Zaborsky's adjusting quickly," Pyatt says. "Very quickly in fact. He has lots of speed and is using it. He has a pretty accurate shot and is very athletic. I've only been on a line with him very, very few times, but when we are together he is fun to play with."
Good read.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Balej20*

What the hell...Sign him up to the Rangers

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

This is great.

Too bad hell never get to play on the big club.

Someone should tell him if he has dreams to play in the NHL, hes with the wrong organization.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Speedtrials

A good read, but it is hard to tell how objective any of these prospect articles are on the Rangers website. Anyway I don't know if some of the draft guru's on the boards might know this, but wasn't he considered a steal by a few analyists during his draft year?

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 02:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
A good read, but it is hard to tell how objective any of these prospect articles are on the Rangers website. Anyway I don't know if some of the draft guru's on the boards might know this, but wasn't he considered a steal by a few analyists during his draft year?
Yup

Old
10-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Edge

Pyatt isn't a flashy player and he's not a big player, but he's got sandpaper to his game and plays a very complete two way game.

In all honesty if he had his brother's size he would've been a higher pick. He's not as naturally gifted as Taylor but is the smarter hockey player.

His style is similar to that of a Chris Drury type to give a general idea of what type of game he plays. He's not a fighter but he won't back away either.

He's got some work to do, namely with strength and probably his overall vision but if he makes it, he projects as a two-way player.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:31 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
What's the likelihood of him ever being a Ranger, and when will that be...if ever? 2010?

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:50 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
What's the likelihood of him ever being a Ranger, and when will that be...if ever? 2010?
Hes got a decent chance to make it to the NHL. Hes got the smarts and speed to make it, like Edge said size is a bit of an issue, he'll have to put more weight on.

If all goes well next year he's in the AHL, probably 2 seasons there so 2010 seems accurate.

Old
10-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Edge

I think it'll take him a little while to adjust to pro game.

His offense isn't dependent so much on natural skills so much as smarts. As such I think there will likely be a transition period where he "learns" what he needs to do to make the NHL.

As usual that's with the assumption that it gets that far.

Old
10-31-2006, 04:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Hes got a decent chance to make it to the NHL. Hes got the smarts and speed to make it, like Edge said size is a bit of an issue, he'll have to put more weight on.

If all goes well next year he's in the AHL, probably 2 seasons there so 2010 seems accurate.
yea in 2010 on another NHL team while the Rangers trade him with Immonen and Dawes for Mark Messier's son I can see it now

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Edge

Lyon Messier will be a waiver wire pick, should be right up your alley Jorts

Old
10-31-2006, 05:42 PM
in the hall

Quote: