Notices

Farm Team Calvery????

Old
10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
flamingmoe

vCash: 500
Farm Team Calvery????

hope this helps....

Flames recall forwards Boyd and Prust from Omaha (AHL)

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today center Dustin Boyd and left wing Brandon Prust have been recalled from the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights of the American Hockey League.

Boyd is playing in his first professional season with Omaha, currently leads the team in scoring and is 9th in the AHL with 13 points from 9 goals and 4 assists. During his final season of junior in the Western Hockey League, the native of Winnipeg, MB finished second on the Moose Jaw Warriors in points (90), second in goals (48), fourth in assists (42) and finished fourth in the WHL in points (90) and third in the WHL in goals (48). In 265 career WHL games, the 60, 192 lbs center tallied 217 points on 103 goals and 114 assists.

Boyd captured a Gold Medal with Team Canada at the 2006 World Junior Championships posting six points in six games. Boyd finished tied for first on the Canadian team in goals (4) and tied for second in points (6). The Flames drafted Boyd in the third round, 98th overall, in the 2004 Entry Draft.

flamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingmoe View Post
hope this helps....

Flames recall forwards Boyd and Prust from Omaha (AHL)

Calgary, AB - Calgary Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today center Dustin Boyd and left wing Brandon Prust have been recalled from the Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights of the American Hockey League.

Boyd is playing in his first professional season with Omaha, currently leads the team in scoring and is 9th in the AHL with 13 points from 9 goals and 4 assists. During his final season of junior in the Western Hockey League, the native of Winnipeg, MB finished second on the Moose Jaw Warriors in points (90), second in goals (48), fourth in assists (42) and finished fourth in the WHL in points (90) and third in the WHL in goals (48). In 265 career WHL games, the 60, 192 lbs center tallied 217 points on 103 goals and 114 assists.

Boyd captured a Gold Medal with Team Canada at the 2006 World Junior Championships posting six points in six games. Boyd finished tied for first on the Canadian team in goals (4) and tied for second in points (6). The Flames drafted Boyd in the third round, 98th overall, in the 2004 Entry Draft.
Well, Darryll knows how to shake things up. I have also heard the team has been extensively scouted. There may be more to this....a trade could be in the offing.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Who comes out of the line-up now??? My guess is Ritchie and Lundmark, but I think the Flames should really consider replacing McCarty with Prust on a permanent basis. McCarty is a great guy to have in the room, but the reality is, he's almost done...

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
I posted this on the main board, but figured I'd repost it here.

For what it's worth, which is likely nothing, Boyd played with Iginla and Tanguay in preseason action.

I'm not sure Dustin saw the call-up coming, because he was preparing for a weekend roadtrip Thursday, and made no mention of it when I asked him his thoughts about playing in Calgary due to their recent struggles offensively.

10-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Flamesfan 26

I would like to see Boyd play on the top line with Iggy and Tanguay. Prust makes a nice replacement for Yelle

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post

For what it's worth, which is likely nothing, Boyd played with Iginla and Tanguay in preseason action.

I'm not sure Dustin saw the call-up coming, because he was preparing for a weekend roadtrip Thursday, and made no mention of it when I asked him his thoughts about playing in Calgary due to their recent struggles offensively.
Good call Aaron....and like someone else said on this thread or somewhere else on this board, he's not coming up to play on the 4th line....He's gonna get a chance in the Top 6, and if things go well for him, then maybe then we will see some bigger moves made....

Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
I'd say this team needs Prust far more than it needs Boyd right now. We need a little ball of energy, willing to hit anything and everything. Hopefully Boyd can add somethign too, but I think Prust will be the difference maker with the attitude of this team, and attitude is the team's problem.

And hopefully they play well enough to give a big kick in the *** to all the other players, knowing that the Omaha guys are ready and able to take their jobs permanently.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 11:08 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post

Iginla is actually ahead of the pace he had set in his best year ever at this time of year. Boyd couldn't actually pick a better time to show up. If these two are linked up, it could get the youngster going big time. I don't think that is the combination you will see, but it would definitely be interesting if they would.

I think that no matter who is playing center, when paired with Iggy this year, they are going to do very well. I would like to see Boyd be given that opportunity.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote