Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prust&Godard

Old
10-31-2006, 05:02 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Prust&Godard

I saw on another site that Brandon Prust and Eric Godard were called up. Is there any official word on this from the Flames.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 05:20 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
I saw on another site that Brandon Prust and Eric Godard were called up. Is there any official word on this from the Flames.

I heard Boyd and Prust.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 05:22 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
I heard Boyd and Prust.
I just saw that on the other site as well. Prust will add toughness but I wish they would have brought Godard up as well.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 05:27 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
I just saw that on the other site as well. Prust will add toughness but I wish they would have brought Godard up as well.
I think that something big is in the works.

I think the Flames missed Yelle. Prust is that type of player. Remains to be seen what will happen.

Old
10-31-2006, 05:33 PM
haQ Loob

Boyd and Prust it is.

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin...num=0000000991

Taratukhin anyone?

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Miko

This is a sign that Sutter is not happy about the effort the team has been showing lately.I like the idea of Prust be called up.He'll provide the team with some hardwork and intensity that he is know for. Plus it never hurts to have a player not afraid to drops the gloves and provide the team with a spark when needed.I'm not saying that is the sole reason he was called up but he should be able to do a more than adiquit job providing some energy.

Calling up Boyd from the Knights is an interesting decision.This is clearly a shake up of the top lines.Boyd wasn't called up to sit on the bench or play 4th line minutes.I'm sure Sutter wants to see if his team responds and starts producing on its chances.If Boyd secures a spot on the Flames this year on a scoring line then things could get interesting.I'm not expecting Boyd to be a savior or anything but he is a skilled offensively minded center that impressed me in the preseason.Maybe this is a precursor to something bigger coming up.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post
This is a sign that Sutter is not happy about the effort the team has been showing lately.I like the idea of Prust be called up.He'll provide the team with some hardwork and intensity that he is know for. Plus it never hurts to have a player not afraid to drops the gloves and provide the team with a spark when needed.I'm not saying that is the sole reason he was called up but he should be able to do a more than adiquit job providing some energy.

Calling up Boyd from the Knights is an interesting decision.This is clearly a shake up of the top lines.Boyd wasn't called up to sit on the bench or play 4th line minutes.I'm sure Sutter wants to see if his team responds and starts producing on its chances.If Boyd secures a spot on the Flames this year on a scoring line then things could get interesting.I'm not expecting Boyd to be a savior or anything but he is a skilled offensively minded center that impressed me in the preseason.Maybe this is a precursor to something bigger coming up.
Prust is the kind of guy that will do absolutely anything to make the squad. There are way too many guys who are way too comfortable. It should be exciting to see what these guys will bring to the club.