HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sens/Caps trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 06:16 AM
officeglen

vCash: 500
Sens/Caps trade proposal

Ottawa: Bates Battaglia
Washington: Petr Schastlivy & 3rd

Schastlivy has 400% more points that Battaglia this year, and is younger and cheaper. Battaglia with the Sens will at least double his Cap point totals, and will either play with energy on LW or fit right in with the rest of the world class under-achievers. Washington makes the deal to get younger and cheaper and pick up a pick. Ottawa makes the deal to shake up the shook up team, and to get a player who once was pretty good during the playoffs, if the Sens make the playoffs.

Bonus offer:
Ottawa: Brendan Witt
Washington: Karel Rachunek

Washington gets younger and cheaper and more mobile. The Sens get a heart n' soul D who is having his troubles, so will fit right in with the Sens D this year.

Old
11-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

From a Caps' fan's perspective: Deal on the first, and pass on the second.

Witt is probably the least-touchable player on the Caps' roster: Steady defense, makes under $2mil/year, and one of two Caps' D that has played over 500 games. He's pretty much off the market. The Caps need more Dmen.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:55 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
1st, year, 2nd, no.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Puck
Ninja

I'm trying to get a handle on what Schastlivy is worth. ?

Here is an injury prone LW with a lot of talent, and a great shot but he's not one who likes to mix it up in heavy traffic (another perimeter player). I don't know what we could get for him. He might excel with some other team or coach. Right now he is Volchenkov's translator, up in the pressbox.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:09 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck
I'm trying to get a handle on what Schastlivy is worth. ?

Here is an injury prone LW with a lot of talent, and a great shot but he's not one who likes to mix it up in heavy traffic (another perimeter player). I don't know what we could get for him. He might excel with some other team or coach. Right now he is Volchenkov's translator, up in the pressbox.
I think you answered your own quetion about what he is worth.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Puck
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes
I think you answered your own quetion about what he is worth.
Yeah, problem is that later he might be another Demitra. Hate it when that happens...for the Sens.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:53 AM
You're Retarded

vCash:
I love the first deal and your second one is pretty close too!

Old
11-24-2003, 11:16 AM
sensfan18

I'd take the 1st one, call muck and tell him to get it done.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:23 AM
sensfan18

I'd take the 1st one, call muck and tell him to get it done. I can't see the caps moving Witt.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Tinordi24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Ottawa: Bates Battaglia
Washington: Petr Schastlivy & 3rd

Schastlivy has 400% more points that Battaglia this year, and is younger and cheaper. Battaglia with the Sens will at least double his Cap point totals, and will either play with energy on LW or fit right in with the rest of the world class under-achievers. Washington makes the deal to get younger and cheaper and pick up a pick. Ottawa makes the deal to shake up the shook up team, and to get a player who once was pretty good during the playoffs, if the Sens make the playoffs.

Bonus offer:
Ottawa: Brendan Witt
Washington: Karel Rachunek

Washington gets younger and cheaper and more mobile. The Sens get a heart n' soul D who is having his troubles, so will fit right in with the Sens D this year.

I dont see why anyone would be kind enough to take Buttuglia off our hands.

Old
11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

I dont thinka Bates has found a spot on this team due to the juggling lines Cassidy runs each game. Its really becoming annoying. After tonight he needs to leave them alone for awhile (although he was changing them throught the game...I hate him)

As for the 1st deal....Id do it just for the extra 3rd round pick. Plus I think Graham Mink could fill a Battaglia role on the Caps at this point...hell Willsie is playing pretty good along with Pettinger (when not suffering from a concussion). Battaglia came into a messed up team with a messed up coach...I cant blame him for his sub par play due to that fact.

That second deal...nah. Witt does his job well compared to other seasons...he's not as up and down this year for once. I still dont like him with Gonchar on a nightly basis but what can I do.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:54 PM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jincargo
I dont thinka Bates has found a spot on this team due to the juggling lines Cassidy runs each game. Its really becoming annoying. After tonight he needs to leave them alone for awhile (although he was changing them throught the game...I hate him)
Butch has been, is and always will be a hopeless line-juggler. Even though he's even admitted that he shouldn't juggle as much as he does in previous interviews... he still does it. Usually within the first 3 minutes of play he's done at least one double shift or minor juggle.

I hate him too

Closed Thread