HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators @ Oilers. 11-1-06

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2006, 11:22 PM
  #101
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Tootoo has retaken his spot on the top line.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:26 PM
  #102
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Tootoo has retaken his spot on the top line.
UPSHALL! Kariya blasts a shot on the two-on-one, Roloson gives up a huge rebound that floats to Upshall, who is looking at an open net and bangs it in.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:26 PM
  #103
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,259
vCash: 500
Upshall on the rebound!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:26 PM
  #104
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Upshall puts home the rebound of Kariya's blast on the 2 v 1 to give the Preds another two-goal lead. Kariya's shot up high leads to the rebound right out front.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:28 PM
  #105
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Sounds like Kariya has been all over the ice tonight, whats that put him at too, 801 points?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
  #106
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,259
vCash: 500
can we please get a clamp down on the third period melt downs

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
  #107
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Nice screen, Arnott

That's a routine save for Mason if Arnott isn't casually gliding in front of him

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
  #108
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Great screen by Arnott (along with Stoll) leads to a EDM goal...now 4-3 with a minute to go!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
  #109
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,259
vCash: 500
Kariya officially has world class speed

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
  #110
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Wow, I know I get on Kariya, but Kariya just made sure we won that game by beating out the icing, playing with the puck, getting it to Sullivan, who got it to Legwand for the empty netter.

6 straight road wins, does anyone know what the record is?

8-0-1 in the last 9.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:35 PM
  #111
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Legwand with a empty net goal after Kariya busts his butt chasing down the icing. Finally...we score an empty-net goal...I always knew it could be done! Great win tonight...solid game by Mason...we're coming together ladies and gentlemen...if we can start winning at home...we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:36 PM
  #112
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Edmonton has been amazing at home this year, we've been amazing on the road, hopefully our road winning streak continues
And it does!

Leggy with an EN goal, whats that, we actually scored on an empty net? Woot!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:37 PM
  #113
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Mason, Hemsky, and Kariya the Molson Canadien three stars of the game on the EDM broadcast.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
  #114
PredDave
Registered User
 
PredDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Whew! I can finally relax now.... I've been chewing my fingernails for the past 1 1/2 hours.

Nice to see a > 1 goal win (even if it was done by an empty netter)

Edmonton played really well and we need to get back to basics on our non-existent power play.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
  #115
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Wow, I know I get on Kariya, but Kariya just made sure we won that game by beating out the icing, playing with the puck, getting it to Sullivan, who got it to Legwand for the empty netter.

6 straight road wins, does anyone know what the record is?

8-0-1 in the last 9.
http://www.couchpotatohockey.com/Rec...ng_Streaks.asp

If this site is true, 10.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:45 PM
  #116
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
whoa whoa, hold on...

did we just sweep the dreaded western canada swing?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:45 PM
  #117
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,797
vCash: 500
Good game guys, the Preds showed a surprising amount of energy on the forecheck despite playing last night against Vancouver. This should be a great series this year, I have a feeling Edmonton will come out a lot harder in the next game and I know we haven't seen the best of Nashville either with all those missed open nets (that was an absolutely beautiful breakout on the one play that led to a wide open net for Hamhuis).

__________________
Burn Girl Prom Queen
Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:46 PM
  #118
shmadz
Blood before water..
 
shmadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ...Oil before blood.
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Zidlicky (sp?)

Hello Preds fans. I am just wondering if I could get a nashvillie take on the play of the big Z so far? (n I call him that because I can't spell his name let alone pronounce it )

I have been sorta following this player and I think if he manages to get at least decent defensively he will be a force in the league. so how has he been so far this year?

Oh yeah, congrats on kicking our *** tonight, jerks

shmadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:47 PM
  #119
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmadz View Post
Hello Preds fans. I am just wondering if I could get a nashvillie take on the play of the big Z so far? (n I call him that because I can't spell his name let alone pronounce it )

I have been sorta following this player and I think if he manages to get at least decent defensively he will be a force in the league. so how has he been so far this year?

Oh yeah, congrats on kicking our *** tonight, jerks
I think Zidlicky has stepped up bigtime on D. He got a little better last year than 03-04, but this year...he's been downright reliable and even pretty physical. I think he's a big part of this team, and I'm glad he's locked up long-term for a bargain price.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:51 PM
  #120
braindead
Registered User
 
braindead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The cookie spoke
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,817
vCash: 500
I thought alot of players in the last 5 minutes really put out the effort with short shifts and good hustle. In particular, Legwand, Fiddler, Sully, Upshall, and of course Mr. Kariya. Not only did he beat the icing, he dusted everyone on the ice....it wasn't even close.

Arnott with the screen and the flinch should get an assist on the last Oilers goal but at times looked good tonight. JP Dumont had some sweet passes that would have been rewarded had the recipient actually been able to score.

I thought the Preds showed determination tonight and Mase was great. As usual, he had the giant smile on his face at game's end and TV was out patting him on the back. How great is it that the two of them get along? Anyway, nice victory.

braindead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:56 PM
  #121
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I thought alot of players in the last 5 minutes really put out the effort with short shifts and good hustle. In particular, Legwand, Fiddler, Sully, Upshall, and of course Mr. Kariya. Not only did he beat the icing, he dusted everyone on the ice....it wasn't even close.

Arnott with the screen and the flinch should get an assist on the last Oilers goal but at times looked good tonight. JP Dumont had some sweet passes that would have been rewarded had the recipient actually been able to score.

I thought the Preds showed determination tonight and Mase was great. As usual, he had the giant smile on his face at game's end and TV was out patting him on the back. How great is it that the two of them get along? Anyway, nice victory.
Your point about JP is one I'll make for Sully, too. Both of those guys made unreal passes tonight, several times. I wish people like Trig and HT could have seen it, because I don't think it could have been conveyed on the radio. The problem is that Fiddler had no clue a pass was coming and reacted about a full second too late. I hope Vasicek can find some chemistry\finish, because Dumont and Sullivan are making plays...but have nothing to show for it.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
  #122
JussiM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Wow, those wins just keep on coming! I have even yet to watch the Vancouver-game but as always, really looking forward to this one.

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
  #123
shmadz
Blood before water..
 
shmadz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ...Oil before blood.
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I think Zidlicky has stepped up bigtime on D. He got a little better last year than 03-04, but this year...he's been downright reliable and even pretty physical. I think he's a big part of this team, and I'm glad he's locked up long-term for a bargain price.
Thanks. looks like he was over 23 min tonight... seems to be the real deal.

any chance for a zidlicky - bergeron trade??

jk jk jk don't kill me.

shmadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:59 PM
  #124
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Your point about JP is one I'll make for Sully, too. Both of those guys made unreal passes tonight, several times. I wish people like Trig and HT could have seen it, because I don't think it could have been conveyed on the radio. The problem is that Fiddler had no clue a pass was coming and reacted about a full second too late. I hope Vasicek can find some chemistry\finish, because Dumont and Sullivan are making plays...but have nothing to show for it.
I watched it.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2006, 11:59 PM
  #125
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I watched it.
ah, i didn't know if you had CI or not.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.