HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Revenge GDT: 02/11/06 Montreal @ Carolina 7PM EST RDS

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I hate everything about the Hurricanes and would love to see the Habs put up a win tonight, but..........we never play good down there so I'm not expecting a win tonight. I would however like to see someone rip Williams' head off tonight. Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised by the result tonight but I wouldn't place big bets on it. I just want the team to play hard for 60 minutes and give themselves a chance to win...win or lose I will be happy with that.

Old
11-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

vCash: 500
My love for poutine is clouding my Point of view against the Canes.

I don't know who to cheer for...

no wait.

Habs win in the shootout (finally)

Old
11-02-2006, 06:35 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Kill 'em. Kill 'em all. Man do I hate the Canes.

Someone had better take a run at Williams. I mean I don't want any career-ending injury or anything, but enough to let him know we haven't forgotten.

Knowing our captain, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saku himself try to stir something up with Justin. But hopefully, he'll leave it to a Begin or Komisarek instead. Just flatten him, at least once.

Oh, and the Habs win. 4-2.

Old
11-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
but..........we never play good down there
Except when we go 2-0 to start a playoff series. Hopefully our boys have more success. Besides, there are some things that could/should help us tonight:

- We supposedly have a better team this year than we did last year. Tonight is another chance to prove that.

- They played last night. Its not as if they will now be dead in the water, but we can use it to our advantage if we want to.

- Special teams. Assuming the stats I checked this morning were up to date, their PP and PK are both ranked 16th in the league. Our PK is #3 and our PP #4. If we can show that advantage tonight, that will be great. And if they really are a bit tired after last night, then we can really take the game to them.

We just have to remember to skate hard. I think it was an article in the Gazette after the Ottawa game that mentioned Muckler didn't like the way things were shaping up after the 1st had finished. He said something along the lines of "You can see they (Montreal) are starting to skate now. You have to be careful when they do that" and look what happened in that game. If we play our game and play it well, I really think we can win this one. It most likely won't be an easy game, but I think that we can get the better of them over 60 minutes. Who else is feeling a little bit optimistic ahead of this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu
Knowing our captain, I wouldn't be surprised to see Saku himself try to stir something up with Justin. But hopefully, he'll leave it to a Begin or Komisarek instead. Just flatten him, at least once.
While Saku might line him up if the chance presents itself, thats not the view he is taking according to an article in todays Gazette. He says he isn't thinking about using the Williams incident as motivation. All the motivation he will need stems from the playoff defeat and nothing else. Of course, he says that as you'd expect he would, but you never know. He may prefer to just focus on the game tonight and ignore the distractions.

Old
11-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Except when we go 2-0 to start a playoff series. Hopefully our boys have more success. Besides, there are some things that could/should help us tonight:

- We supposedly have a better team this year than we did last year. Tonight is another chance to prove that.

- They played last night. Its not as if they will now be dead in the water, but we can use it to our advantage if we want to.

- Special teams. Assuming the stats I checked this morning were up to date, their PP and PK are both ranked 16th in the league. Our PK is #3 and our PP #4. If we can show that advantage tonight, that will be great. And if they really are a bit tired after last night, then we can really take the game to them.

We just have to remember to skate hard. I think it was an article in the Gazette after the Ottawa game that mentioned Muckler didn't like the way things were shaping up after the 1st had finished. He said something along the lines of "You can see they (Montreal) are starting to skate now. You have to be careful when they do that" and look what happened in that game. If we play our game and play it well, I really think we can win this one. It most likely won't be an easy game, but I think that we can get the better of them over 60 minutes. Who else is feeling a little bit optimistic ahead of this one?

While Saku might line him up if the chance presents itself, thats not the view he is taking according to an article in todays Gazette. He says he isn't thinking about using the Williams incident as motivation. All the motivation he will need stems from the playoff defeat and nothing else. Of course, he says that as you'd expect he would, but you never know. He may prefer to just focus on the game tonight and ignore the distractions.
Indeed, a read the article right after making my post, but I don't know how much you can take away from that. He also said he's sure the two would exchange words at some point, though he seemed to indicate it would be more out of concern/respect than anything else.

But we'll see. I'm certain Saku will be aware when he's out there against Williams, and while it won't be his main focus, given the opportunity, I'm sure he'd like to lay him out.

Old
11-02-2006, 06:54 AM
DicAnns

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
given the opportunity, I'm sure he'd like to lay him out.
I'm sure he wouldn't.

Saku is a class act... he wouldn't try to go after Williams for revenge.

The incident last year, albeit dramatic and frigtening, was accidental.

I wouldn't be surprised that Saku would actually talk to his teammates and tell them NOT to retaliate on Williams.

Old
11-02-2006, 07:20 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I notice the title says "revenge"

There's no way to get full revenge for what happened last season... I'm sorry
unless we slice up williams

hah...umm should be a tough a game, i say 4-3. don't know who to predict to win

Old
11-02-2006, 07:24 AM
StanAjax

I'd rather see our captain answer that other #11 with a hat-trick.

Other than that, it was an accident but accidents do occur more often when you don't handle your stick correctly. It's like driving drunk. You have a ton more chances to kill someone...

Old
11-02-2006, 07:32 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicAnn's73 View Post
I'm sure he wouldn't.

Saku is a class act... he wouldn't try to go after Williams for revenge.

The incident last year, albeit dramatic and frigtening, was accidental.

I wouldn't be surprised that Saku would actually talk to his teammates and tell them NOT to retaliate on Williams.
Agreed. Didn't #11 accidentally get his stick into a Sabre's face in G1 ? It happens, play the game, try and win the game. If JW had chased him into the corner and blind sided him, it'd be one thing, but that wasn't the case. Koivu has enough to worry about tonight. Brind'Amour's never an easy matchup for him, moreso when he's striuggled for a few games.

Old
11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I'll miss tonight's game , cousin's wedding...well hopefully it won't hurt the team!

Old
11-02-2006, 07:36 AM
SerialSeb

I hope they trash them in every sense of the word.

I still want blood and guts.

I hate to see this happen but just for him I would like someone to concus is ***.

There is no excuse for stabbing someone in the face. And it's not like Tucker who drops like a bag of potatoes so he can use is glove to nick himself.

Old
11-02-2006, 07:55 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
3-1 Habs

500 Vbucks on the line and my Avatar in a bet with Caniacgirl12

Old
11-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Agreed. Didn't #11 accidentally get his stick into a Sabre's face in G1 ? It happens, play the game, try and win the game. If JW had chased him into the corner and blind sided him, it'd be one thing, but that wasn't the case. Koivu has enough to worry about tonight. Brind'Amour's never an easy matchup for him, moreso when he's striuggled for a few games.
Bah, what do you know?!?

Cap

Old
11-02-2006, 09:29 AM
mtl_felix

4-0 habs would be pretty cool!
2 goals for Saku!

Old
11-02-2006, 09:32 AM
terreur

The canes will be tired... and the Habs will take advantage of it.

Habs 4

Perez
Sammy
Higgins
Bonk

Canes 2

Staal
Larose

No, Brind'amour won't get is 1000th career point against us

Old
11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Is big Mike Komo playing?

Old
11-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Is big Mike Komo playing?
Good question but I'm going to assume he is since we haven't heard anything about call-ups.

Old
11-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Pascal

Here we come Hickville! Yeeeeeehaw!

Old
11-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Tuggy

Lats will get his first goal tonight.

Old
11-02-2006, 09:57 AM
AD

Stop starting GDT's the day before please!

Old
11-02-2006, 09:59 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
My love for poutine is clouding my Point of view against the Canes.

I don't know who to cheer for...

no wait.

Habs win in the shootout (finally)
Don't know who to cheer for???

All those cheese curds must be gathering in the base of your skull, putting pressure on your brain stem. You poor, now permanently dimwitted fool.

I blame AymanD for this outrage.

Last edited by habfan4: 11-02-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old
11-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
I just hope that Komisarek will be 100%. Habs will need his presence in the defensive zone against Cole.

Old
11-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

I have a feeling that Lats, Komi (if he is playing), Begin and Downey will send an early message to Williams and the rest of the Canes!

Habs Win 4-1

Higgins
Koivu
Johnson
Samsonov

Staal

Old
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Don't know who to cheer for???

All those cheese curds must be gathering in the base of your skull, putting pressure on your brain stem. You poor, now permanently dimwitted fool.

I blame AymanD for this outrage.
I can't be blamed for the misuse of poutine.

And Renholder has clearly stated that he wants the Habs to win. Try reading before spewing your salt infested lies!

Old
11-02-2006, 10:27 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
I can't be blamed for the misuse of poutine.

And Renholder has clearly stated that he wants the Habs to win. Try reading before spewing your salt infested lies!
Typical tobacco company management inspired response. As an advocate for and on behalf of "Poutine" you bear a share of the responsibility for Renholders' mental health problems. I still contend that Renholders' half-hearted support of the Canadiens is on your head, you gravy swilling stooge.

Closed Thread