HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Glendale Arena hockey music

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2006, 10:48 PM
  #1
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Glendale Arena hockey music

Okay, so I'm putting together as many songs as I can from the Glendale Arena music that they play during Coyotes games for a CD I'm going to burn to play on my way to and from The Job.

I'm missing a few songs, though, and I'm looking for info on one in particular -- namely, the instrumental synth song that they play to get the crowd riled up (which has spread ubiquitously around sports in general). I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but if you do and know the performer or composer and/or the name of the song so I can buy it, please post.

If there's any interest, I'll post the playlist as I compile it.

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:10 AM
  #2
white_tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 1,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Okay, so I'm putting together as many songs as I can from the Glendale Arena music that they play during Coyotes games for a CD I'm going to burn to play on my way to and from The Job.

I'm missing a few songs, though, and I'm looking for info on one in particular -- namely, the instrumental synth song that they play to get the crowd riled up (which has spread ubiquitously around sports in general). I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but if you do and know the performer or composer and/or the name of the song so I can buy it, please post.

If there's any interest, I'll post the playlist as I compile it.
Yes we know it and most of us don;t like it.. It is called Gary Glitter Rock n ROll 2.. you know Gary Glitter the pedofile. It is the most over done and annoying song in professional sports

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 09:04 AM
  #3
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
No, that's not the one. The Glitter anthem, I absolutely refuse to listen to anymore.

No, this one is kind of an electronica/synth variation on the Atlanta Braves "chopping" chant. It has a pulsing bass beat under it and a low-register synth playing the melody. As it goes on it layers on percussion with every successive stanza.

A poor approximation of it:

Dah dah dah DAH dum... dah dah dah de dah dah DUM... dum DAH dum dum.

I just realized that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 09:19 AM
  #4
08Neely
Blades of Steel
 
08Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sunny Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
No, that's not the one. The Glitter anthem, I absolutely refuse to listen to anymore.

No, this one is kind of an electronica/synth variation on the Atlanta Braves "chopping" chant. It has a pulsing bass beat under it and a low-register synth playing the melody. As it goes on it layers on percussion with every successive stanza.

A poor approximation of it:

Dah dah dah DAH dum... dah dah dah de dah dah DUM... dum DAH dum dum.

I just realized that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Try Rhythm is a dancer by Snap from the album the madman returns (1992)


I still like the warmup song they used to play a couple of years ago
Click Click Boom by saliva, that one could wake the dead.

While we are on the subject of arena music I think we should play werewolves of London after every goal instead of that song by the pervert.
Makes us unique instead of one of the 100 other sports franchises playing the same track.

08Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 09:47 AM
  #5
XX
SOS
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
I just realized that that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson? I know they play that sometimes when they do the noise meter and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Neely View Post
Makes us unique instead of one of the 100 other sports franchises playing the same track.

They have been. a lot more at least this year than last.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 10:01 AM
  #6
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Neely View Post
Try Rhythm is a dancer by Snap from the album the madman returns (1992)
Nope, that's not it... thanks for the link though because I've been looking for that one too...

This is one they play occasionally before late-game faceoffs. The crowd starts joining in, "Whoah-oh-oh-OH-oh..." etc.

MLB teams have played it this season after home runs (except the Braves, who still do that stupid hatchet chop thing... )

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
  #7
coyoteshockeyfan
Registered User
 
coyoteshockeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Coyote Country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Nope, that's not it... thanks for the link though because I've been looking for that one too...

This is one they play occasionally before late-game faceoffs. The crowd starts joining in, "Whoah-oh-oh-OH-oh..." etc.

MLB teams have played it this season after home runs (except the Braves, who still do that stupid hatchet chop thing... )
I think I know what song you are talking about, its a song thats on an xbox game I own, NHL Hits Pro. Unfortunately, I don't know the title either. However, looking at the music credits for the game, it might be "Boomshakalaka" by Logan 7, or "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation. Here are the full music credits if you want to look through them.

http://www.answers.com/topic/nhl-hitz-pro

coyoteshockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 10:52 AM
  #8
XX
SOS
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,694
vCash: 500
Kernkraft 400. Theres two versions. One without the woaahahaha or whatever you want to call it, and one with.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 11:23 AM
  #9
zyllyx
STH Hipster
 
zyllyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peoria
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Bless you both! Now I can get the stupid thing out of my head...

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 11:51 AM
  #10
08Neely
Blades of Steel
 
08Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sunny Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson? I know they play that sometimes when they do the noise meter and stuff.




They have been. a lot more at least this year than last.
Yeah they have, like every third goal.
So that means we hear it what....once a month?

I would say it should be the main song with other stuff thrown in there on occaision.

08Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 01:12 PM
  #11
taylorguitars
Registered User
 
taylorguitars's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
These two songs should be being played in every sports venue. Ignore the talking in the first one is a jam, no lyrics totally gets you going. The second is being used big time with college football, the message is perfect for sports. "We got to get out to believe Tomorrow is never guaranteed" that line just screams playoffs!

Ted's Jam
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2gr4vz


Thrill of It
http://www.sendspace.com/file/88qt4a



both are by Robert Randolph and the Family Band (they're playing The Venue of Scottsdale tomorrow night 11/3) if you're interested in going hit me up for more info or if you wanna hear more by them.

taylorguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:51 PM
  #12
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,469
vCash: 500
The best arena song in sports is EASILY "Who Let the Dogs Out"



Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:58 PM
  #13
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
The best arena song in sports is EASILY "Who Let the Dogs Out"


Yeah, except they should change the lyrics to:

"Who let that song out" "ooh, ooh, ugh"

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:29 PM
  #14
XX
SOS
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
The best arena song in sports is EASILY "Who Let the Dogs Out"


Props to the sound guy if he ever gets the balls to play that after a team scrum.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:55 PM
  #15
white_tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 1,473
vCash: 500
I still wish he would play The Hooks from

Melncamps "It Hurts So Good" After a really good hit(during the replay)...

Or Bon Jovi "Have A Nice Day" When the visitors have a guy skating to the Box to sit for 2 minutes and feel shame

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
  #16
RavynCoyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Another Question

Does anyone know the where I can find the remix of I want it all that they play at the arena? I do not know the other artist, but I really like the mix.

RavynCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 12:53 PM
  #17
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Zombie Nation is the pure sports song to get the crowd pumped up.

I do wish we had a different song playing when we score a goal. I know it goes with the Coyotes as the whole howling, but I really wish I could follow the Capitals and yell "HEY, YOU SUCK!" to the goalie when we score. That has to be such a deflator.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
  #18
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavynCoyotes View Post
Does anyone know the where I can find the remix of I want it all that they play at the arena? I do not know the other artist, but I really like the mix.
I believe this is the one.



http://open.spotify.com/track/11QsIoJiCCUHo7iuoOWp5f


Last edited by SweYote: 11-28-2011 at 02:05 PM.
SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
  #19
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion
 
Sinurgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 7,469
vCash: 500
Hey a fellow spotify user! Oddly enough though I can't play this song, I get the "This track is currently not available in the United States." error.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:19 PM
  #20
CoyoteUgly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
you may be thinking Crowd Chant by Joe Satriani

CoyoteUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:04 PM
  #21
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Hey a fellow spotify user! Oddly enough though I can't play this song, I get the "This track is currently not available in the United States." error.
Spotify is a gift from God. Messages like the one you got seems to appear pretty often when sending links between different countries though.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:43 PM
  #22
letbob
Registered User
 
letbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Don't forget AC/DC ............Thunderstruck and TNT.

letbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:44 PM
  #23
awfulwaffle
Registered User
 
awfulwaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letbob View Post
Don't forget AC/DC ............Thunderstruck and TNT.
Yep, heard both of those Friday night against the Canucks.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
  #24
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs
 
Sindiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chandler, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
who knows the one that goes "3,2,1 are you ready to rock?" ?

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:44 AM
  #25
RavynCoyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Thank you!!! Listening to it now..love this soundtrack!!! If you go to itunes soundtrack for Suckerpunch its there..but not if you just look up I want it all. weird right!

RavynCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.