Report: Iginla unhappy with Sutter/Flames

Old
11-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Dogbert*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
I'm pretty sure you're right, but I thought I'd read that somewhere. Probably just remembering someone writing they heard he'd do that. I knew if it had been said, you guys would remember. Thanks.
It was either an Oilers or Canucks troll, but I can't remember offhand which it was. He said that he knew Iginla's brother (or that his friend knew Iginla's brother), and that Iggy's first choice once he became a free agent would be Edmonton. He couldn't back it up, it resulted in a lot of flaming, and the thread was turfed.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
PuckNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
It was either an Oilers or Canucks troll, but I can't remember offhand which it was. He said that he knew Iginla's brother (or that his friend knew Iginla's brother), and that Iggy's first choice once he became a free agent would be Edmonton. He couldn't back it up, it resulted in a lot of flaming, and the thread was turfed.
Ahh, that's what it was! Thanks Dogbert!

PuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver_2010 View Post
have anyone else saw this clip about iginla? thanks.
Come on even I know that Igilna isn't dumb enough to say anything to that effect on camera. He's a class act. Always has been always will be.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:56 PM
RanfordIsGod

dreger leaked CFPronger story months before it happened and as an Oil fan i know what its like when the "world" of your team comes crashing down. I'd buy it... flames fans sorry but Sutter is and flames DEFENSIVE system is suffocating Iggy. sucks to be you.

RanfordIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 03:39 PM
BoyntBergie

What would it take to get Iginla into a B's jersey? Would a Brad Stuart/Boyes package get it done? There would have to be some creativity with salary matching, but do you guys think a Stuart/Boyes centerpiece would do it?

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
sticknrink

if Iggy and Sutter really are at each others throats, then this is so deja vu. Very Bertuzzi-Crow ish.

Although that doesn't make any sense since Iginla is playing relatively well. I think this is all just bs if Dregger really mentioned this as well as having Naslund and Smyth traded out . Losing Iginla would be stupid, they don't have the skill to play a finesse game and they have too many finnese types to play a hitting/forechecking game.

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:34 PM
sticknrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
What would it take to get Iginla into a B's jersey? Would a Brad Stuart/Boyes package get it done? There would have to be some creativity with salary matching, but do you guys think a Stuart/Boyes centerpiece would do it?
Would Lombardi/Kobasew be enough to get Bergeron?

sticknrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 04:36 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
The best thing for the Flames organization now, and in the future is to deal Iginla.

The main reason why is so you guys can sign Kipprusoff to an extension, won't be able to keep both.

Tanguay's a quality NHL player, he may not be playing well so far this season, but you can build offensively around him. Deal Iginla for a couple scoring forwards, try and get some more offensive depth as you guys have the defense and goaltending, just absolutely no scoring.

It's the right time to deal Iginla. His value is still fairly high.

Maybe look at Montreal as a trading partner, they're in need of a 'big' scoring forward. Ryder, Perezhogin and Samsonov for Iginla and Kobasew.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Flamesfan 26

Iggy is the Flames so i can see managment letting sutter go before they let Iggy go.

Flamesfan 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 03:00 AM
boarderex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Attack View Post
The best thing for the Flames organization now, and in the future is to deal Iginla.

The main reason why is so you guys can sign Kipprusoff to an extension, won't be able to keep both.

Tanguay's a quality NHL player, he may not be playing well so far this season, but you can build offensively around him. Deal Iginla for a couple scoring forwards, try and get some more offensive depth as you guys have the defense and goaltending, just absolutely no scoring.

Maybe look at Montreal as a trading partner, they're in need of a 'big' scoring forward. Ryder, Perezhogin and Samsonov for Iginla and Kobasew.

Obviously if the right deal comes along then nothing is out of the question but that is no where near the right deal.

I still think Philly and Calgary have a lot to offer eachother. Tanguay-Forsberg had a lot of success together in Colorado and Gagne-Iginla had some good chemistry in the Olympics.

As I've said before there are two deals I wouldn't mind seeing:

Tanguay to Philly
Gagne to Calgary

OR

Langkow+Hamrlik to Philly
Forsberg to Calgary

Might take some tweaking but I think it could happen. Personally I really like the second one (Tanguay-Forsberg-Iggy on the 1st line!!)

Any thoughts?

boarderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 07:20 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
Did Dreger say that tonight? Can't say I'd be surprised, but if Iginla let that leak, isn't that as good as asking for a trade?
I suspect you may be right. With all of the attention the Flames are getting by scouts, and the fact that Iggy put on a show for them in the Washington game, plus the leaks, something may well be in the works.

If there is disention in the locker room, that would explain a lot.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Well ive posted it everywhere else so here seems like a good idea also:

How about something centered around Heatley and Iginla.
Heatley's Cap hit is approx $4.8 million. (UFA same time as Iginla)

We could also send Shaefer along 4 years at $2.5 million per. a good player at a very good long term deal so the Cap space works from Ottawa.
Calgary would have to offer up either some mix of a good prospect and/or a good pick to balance things out.

Seems like this works out pretty well for both teams, if in fact Iginla were to be on the market.....which i doubt he is.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:32 AM
boarderex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
Well ive posted it everywhere else so here seems like a good idea also:

How about something centered around Heatley and Iginla.
Heatley's Cap hit is approx $4.8 million. (UFA same time as Iginla)

We could also send Shaefer along 4 years at $2.5 million per. a good player at a very good long term deal so the Cap space works from Ottawa.
Calgary would have to offer up either some mix of a good prospect and/or a good pick to balance things out.

Seems like this works out pretty well for both teams, if in fact Iginla were to be on the market.....which i doubt he is.

That would be an interesting one although you seem to be the only sens person willing to move Heatley. I also have a hard time believing/accepting that Iginla may be on the block.

boarderex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:42 AM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Cool View Post
Sutter and Jarome have always been on the same page when it comes to one thing - what's good for the team. Jarome has stated several times he loves this city, so I'll take his word on that and say he's not only not going to be traded - but when his contract is up, I like the odds of him signing an appropriate contract to stay with the Flames.

On to the blockbuster type rumours that are floating around with Ottawa....

They want Dion playing upwards of 30 minutes, same with Regehr...well, if you've paid attention to the Flames so far, you'd notice that Dion and Robyn don't exactly compliment each other. I say Robyn is leaving town...also, anyone else notice how Dany Heatley and Jason Spezza haven't been able to regain their form from last season? Perhaps....?
Spezza and Heatley have been fine, Alfie is the one that is struggling. A Redden for Regher and Friesen trade is something I could see happening though.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 04:25 PM
algernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashnaidoo View Post
I'm so curious about this I almost took Icbites off of ignore. Almost.
Ditto.

algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 05:12 PM
dasivon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderex View Post
Obviously if the right deal comes along then nothing is out of the question but that is no where near the right deal.

I still think Philly and Calgary have a lot to offer eachother. Tanguay-Forsberg had a lot of success together in Colorado and Gagne-Iginla had some good chemistry in the Olympics.

As I've said before there are two deals I wouldn't mind seeing:

Tanguay to Philly
Gagne to Calgary

OR

Langkow+Hamrlik to Philly
Forsberg to Calgary

Might take some tweaking but I think it could happen. Personally I really like the second one (Tanguay-Forsberg-Iggy on the 1st line!!)

Any thoughts?
You'd have to sweeten the pot for the first because Gagne > Tanguay. And with Forsberg an UFA, Philly would end up with Tanguay to show for it. He's already proven he can't carry an offense.

The second one - not even close. IF Philly trades Forsberg, they will get a boatload for him. Witt got a 1st rounder last year, you have to believe a team at the deadline who's close (Pitts/ATL/etc) would offer at lot more than Hammer/Langkow for the playoff run.

dasivon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Refuse
Mr. Hockey

Useless to even mention Forsberg in trade talks as hes got a NTC and wont play in the Western Conference unless its for Colorado.

Refuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 09:03 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Attack View Post

We would have to give a lot more for him!

To Mtl: Jarome Iginla and Roman Hamrlik

To Cgy: Michael Ryder, Sergei Samsonov, Andrei Markov, Kyle Chipchura and conditionnal 1st round pick (If Markov doesn't resign in the summer)

Thoughts?

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:04 PM
PapaBear*

Well according to Al Strachan last night on the score, this team is consisted of Iginla, Tanguay and 10 Daryl Sutters That guy was bashing the flames hardcore last night.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 12:30 AM
Penalty Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
We would have to give a lot more for him!

To Mtl: Jarome Iginla and Roman Hamrlik

To Cgy: Michael Ryder, Sergei Samsonov, Andrei Markov, Kyle Chipchura and conditionnal 1st round pick (If Markov doesn't resign in the summer)

Thoughts?
I'm fan of both teams, and while the Flames fan in me would squeal with joy, the Habs aren't doing that trade. What they need is a center, so they won't be trading with Calgary. They may not make any significant deals if they keep playing the way they do, anyway.

Ryder is also a potential UFA, by the way. I think he and Markov will be re-signed. Souray, Niinimaa and probably Rivet will be let go.

A trade with Philly or Boston is more likely (just don't send Iggy to Boston, Darryl, whatever you do...).

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 02:49 AM
BenThatcher

Iginla and Tanguay are not going anywhere. It's only twelve games in, give it a rest.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 03:03 AM
ISensFanI

how would a Heatley(4.5 mill) + Redden(6.5 mill) for Iginla(7 mill) + Regehr (1.9 mill) + maybe Ference($750 000)(dont really know much about him). deal sound? Its hard to give up Redden since hes so important in our transition game but we need another physical Dman other than Volchenkov .maybe throw in picks/prospects,I dont know what calgarys cap situation is but I know I'd do this deal straight up im not sure about anyone else though.

Last edited by ISensFanI: 11-04-2006 at 03:10 AM.
ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
Iginla and Tanguay are not going anywhere. It's only twelve games in, give it a rest.
My sentiments exactly. Ridiculous how the whole team is offered up in a fire sale now.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Steve L*

A rumour metioned Umberger for Hamrlik.

If you add Gagne and Iginla, what else would be needed to even it up?

Hamrlik and Iginla for Gagne and Umberger and ? The Flyers have enough cap space to do it.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'd be interested in Igninla from an NYR POV.