HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Wings pull Cujo and insert Legacy, Detroit Fans Cheer

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 01:11 PM
guinness
those were the days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
please tell me... where the hell did u come up w/ something as crazy as what u said ... wings fans seldom boo their team, or any team for that matter ... it's something called class, as far as being spoiled..... i think the 80's - early 90's speak wonders to that, if you're going to try to put down a city or team, please try to get the right team w/ the right fans... last night was the first night in a LONG LONG time that i heard fans at the joe actually booing and truthfully, i thought the ones that were booing should be taken out and shot... or at least taken out and tossed in the detroit river 'fans' like that should stick to their couches or their barstools, yes last night the wings looked pretty pathetic, but IMO that still don't give a reason to boo the team/players ... it was only a small portion of the crowd that was booing too as far as i heard
Actually, they boo everytime the Wings are playing like ****, like when they blew the 3 goal against Nashville and lost, it's about the only way of telling the players they suck out there.

Old
11-25-2003, 01:27 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
this sure sucks, i didn't cujo after he left for detroit, but i feel for him now, this is utter crap. i hope the prima donna ^hasek^ rips his groin and is forced to sit out the whole year
Its cujo's own fault... He's been givin games to play and come in and shine, shown nothing... Last night he was out of position on a few goals, if not all 3, cant remember... when you allow 3 gls in 11 minues and then 1 goal the rest of the game with a different goalie, somethings wierd...

Old
11-25-2003, 02:00 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
Its cujo's own fault... He's been givin games to play and come in and shine, shown nothing... Last night he was out of position on a few goals, if not all 3, cant remember... when you allow 3 gls in 11 minues and then 1 goal the rest of the game with a different goalie, somethings wierd...
Don't take this the wrong way...but WTF were you watching? The commentators and Lewis said it wasn't Cujo's fault, but Wings "fans" still say it was, unbelievable. Hasek can do no wrong, but every other goalie to wear the Winged Wheel sucks, ugh...

Old
11-25-2003, 02:24 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I'm no huge fan of CuJo, but the way he has handled himself through all of this have increased my respect for him. Hope he can play well and manage to get out of Detroit soon.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:11 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Yeah, I feel sorry for him. The poor guy is only making $8 million a year, too. What a career suicide. I mean the poor guy got pulled? He only let in 3 goals on 9 shots. What else can they expect from him for only $8 million?
Maybe Lewis was trying to inject some life into his players. I have no sympathy for Cujo just because he got pulled. It's part of the game. Give me a break.
Last time I checked, there was more to a career than making money. I'm sure the cash is nice and everything, but what about the whole part about the CAREER? Or taking a team to the Stanley Cup? You don't think that sucks for him? To go from Hasek's replacement on a cup favorite to the third stringer?

Give me a break.

Closed Thread