Bourret

Old
11-02-2006, 12:25 PM
SchwenningerWildWing

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to SchwenningerWildWing
Bourret

Hello Atlanta Fans,

can anybody give me an update about Alex Bourret an his play so far. Why hasn´t he played the last few games? Ishe injured? Weak performances?

Thanks in advance

SchwenningerWildWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

He is still with the AHL Chicago Wolves as far as I know. As to why he isn't playing, I have not heard anything about an injury, but that doesn't mean he deosn't necessarily have one. I can say that in the games I have watched, he was largely invisible on the ice. Did not not make an impact on the score sheet or off.

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 05:05 PM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
He is still with the AHL Chicago Wolves as far as I know. As to why he isn't playing, I have not heard anything about an injury, but that doesn't mean he deosn't necessarily have one. I can say that in the games I have watched, he was largely invisible on the ice. Did not not make an impact on the score sheet or off.
I second this post

lehtsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 06:20 PM
toph2o

Chicago's GM said last week he was fighting a bit of a hamstring or groin (I forgot which) pull...

toph2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:09 AM
thedjpd

Anybody think the Thrash should make a pitch for one of league's young stud defensemen, like Seabrook, Weber or Bouwmeester, with a combination of picks, Bourret, Pavelec, Valabik or Coburn? Not all, but a package of two or so.

I think if the Thrashers can get one of those guys, instead of hoping Coburn will pan out, they'll be set.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Lux Aurumque*

I dont honestly think Coburn will pan out. I dont think many of us here do anymore.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:52 AM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I dont honestly think Coburn will pan out. I dont think many of us here do anymore.
That's kind of my point...? Maybe he still has some value though.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Anyone scouting the team would not put enough value in Coburn or Bourret paired with Valabik or Pavelec to trade us a talent like Seabrook. Seabrook played a decent game in the NHL last year. Coburn hasn't had more than a cup of coffee in the NHL, and he managed to spill that one all over himself. Bourret hasn't even had a cup of coffee, and I don't think he's shown anything at this point. Bourret is worth more to the Thrashers for his potential than anyone will give back in trade.

Valabik could be pretty good, but I wouldn't want to trade him right now for an underachiever. I like his potential. I can't speak for Pavelec because I have never seen him play.

Old
11-03-2006, 11:11 AM
lehtsrock

Send a message via AIM to lehtsrock Send a message via MSN to lehtsrock Send a message via Yahoo to lehtsrock
I, again, agree with the above. I don't want to lose Valabik, he's shown so much... he's one of my favorite newbies. I do have a feeling we're going to lose at least one of our up-and-coming goalies (Turple or Pavelec) because there will be no room to go up behind Kari, since they'll probably both be breaking into the N at the same time. And like what's already been said, I don't think we could get anything worth while for Coburn anymore... unless he's the spare baggage in a trade with a more defined player.

lehtsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
Anyone scouting the team would not put enough value in Coburn or Bourret paired with Valabik or Pavelec to trade us a talent like Seabrook. Seabrook played a decent game in the NHL last year. Coburn hasn't had more than a cup of coffee in the NHL, and he managed to spill that one all over himself. Bourret hasn't even had a cup of coffee, and I don't think he's shown anything at this point. Bourret is worth more to the Thrashers for his potential than anyone will give back in trade.
Seabrook isn't playing like he did last year and the Hawks are actively trying to trade him. Bad idea, IMO. He's still young and is probably just in a sophomore whole and this trade talk is meant to wake his *** up.

Stilll, I wouldn't mind, if DW called Tallon and asks about him. Too bad that the Blackhawks are shopping for offence and we can't really help them in that department.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Käptäin Kärppä View Post
Seabrook isn't playing like he did last year and the Hawks are actively trying to trade him. Bad idea, IMO. He's still young and is probably just in a sophomore whole and this trade talk is meant to wake his *** up.

Stilll, I wouldn't mind, if DW called Tallon and asks about him. Too bad that the Blackhawks are shopping for offence and we can't really help them in that department.
True, I would readily agree if the Hawks offerred Seabrook and someone for Coburn and say Pavelec, I just don't think it is a wise move for the Hawks. Now, whether or not the Hawks are a wise franchise is a subject for a different debate.

Old
11-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lehtsrock View Post
I, again, agree with the above. I don't want to lose Valabik, he's shown so much... he's one of my favorite newbies. I do have a feeling we're going to lose at least one of our up-and-coming goalies (Turple or Pavelec) because there will be no room to go up behind Kari, since they'll probably both be breaking into the N at the same time. And like what's already been said, I don't think we could get anything worth while for Coburn anymore... unless he's the spare baggage in a trade with a more defined player.
We're agreeing to way much. People are going to think we are the same person with different logins!!

Just teasing. Glad to see I'm not only one thinking this way.

Old
11-03-2006, 03:39 PM
toph2o

Much as I hate to say it, if we could package say Krog or Haydar with Coburn and get a legit NHL D-man, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

toph2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
Much as I hate to say it, if we could package say Krog or Haydar with Coburn and get a legit NHL D-man, it wouldn't be a bad thing.
I could handle that.

Maybe we could move deVries and Coburn and get an upgrade on defense there.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Safir*

I think that the Thrashers lack a puckmoving Dman and Powerplay QB á la Lubomir Visnovsky and a good scoring line center.

We have to hope that some GM's are high on Coburn and that the Thrash get a solid return.

Who knows the problem might be Bob Hartley.
He prefers to play veterans instead on the younger players. I don't understand, why Slater isn't playing center.

Last edited by Safir*: 11-03-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old
11-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Fravashis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Käptäin Kärppä View Post
I think that the Thrashers lack a puckmoving Dman and Powerplay QB á la Lubomir Visnovsky and a good scoring line center.

We have to hope that some GM's are high on Coburn and that the Thrash get a solid return.

Who knows the problem might be Bob Hartley.
He prefers to play veterans instead on the younger players. I don't understand, why Slater isn't playing center.

Slater isnt playing center because hes been in Hartley's doghouse for a while about his horrific ability to take all the penalty minutes we thought would dissappear when Savard left.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
I could handle that.

Maybe we could move deVries and Coburn and get an upgrade on defense there.
Why would anyone give the Thrashers a quality defenseman for garbage? Adding more garbage doesn't make it anymore attractive of a deal.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Why would anyone give the Thrashers a quality defenseman for garbage? Adding more garbage doesn't make it anymore attractive of a deal.
Neither one of those guys is garbage.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Fravashis

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
If someone would take Haydar period, I would be happy. Also, I have COMPLETELY given up on Coburn. Maybe he will prove me wrong, I hope he does, but as of now I would be delighted to see us trade Coburn and Haydar for a 3-4 defenseman

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:02 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Why move devries? And why is he garbage? Don't fix it if it ain't broke...

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Why move devries? And why is he garbage? Don't fix it if it ain't broke...
Fine, deVries may be a bit overpaid, but the only guys that make around or more than what he earns are:

Kovalchuk
Hossa
Holik
Havelid
Kozlov
Sutton
Lehtonen
Rucchin

deVries is a better player than he was when came to the Rangers. He's doing just fine.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Fine, deVries may be a bit overpaid, but the only guys that make around or more than what he earns are:

Kovalchuk
Hossa
Holik
Havelid
Kozlov
Sutton
Lehtonen
Rucchin

deVries is a better player than he was when came to the Rangers. He's doing just fine.
Fixed. Sutton's makes 1.9, Lehtonen 1.85 and Rucchin makes 2.125.

Old
11-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Along with Valabik (See the Brutality thread), I really tried to watch for Bourret during tonight's game against Grand Rapids. Bourret got a lot of power play time tonight and he had a goal. It was more of a goal of opportunity as the shot deflection went right to him, but give Bourret credit for being down low to get to the shot. This was a good play.

On the bad side, in the last minute of the first period, as the Grand Rapids player recovered the puck in teh defensive end and started to skate up ice, Bourret just took both arms and wrapped the guy up. It wasn't an odd man break, there was nothing dangerous, he just put him into a bear hug to take a penalty. Not good.

I have to day that this is the most I have noticed Bourret in a game, and at points he did well, but again, I didn't see him making things happen consistently. Hopefully, he's going to build on the goal and start making things happen.