Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Ott-Cal proposal (No Iginla)

Old
11-02-2006, 12:19 PM
DaveMatthew

vCash: 500
Ott-Cal proposal (No Iginla)

To Ottawa - Robyn Regehr (1.9 million), Jeff Freisen (1.6 million)

To Calgary - Wade Redden (6.5 million)

Reasoning
With the acquisition of Corvo and Preissing, Ottawa has an abundance of offensive defenseman. Adding Regehr would add another physical shot blocking defenseman (we only have 1 right now with Volchenkov) and offset the loss of Chara as our shutdown guy.

Calgary, on the other hand, is looking for more offense. Redden would be able to help jumpstart that from the backend with his great first pass abilities. He'd also be a welcome addition to their powerplay.

The salaries were difficult, so I added Friesen to Ottawa to try and make them a bit more feasible.

This trade would put Calgary at 41.75 million. It'd put Ottawa at 39.706.

Both of these guys are UFAs after next season.

Thoughts?

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 12:56 PM
senility

An intriguing possibility, but we don't want Friesen. We've had plenty of chances to pick him up and passed. If you substituted a second line centre, like Lombardi, however, I think you might have something there. I still don't think Muckler would bite, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't. We could certainly use the cap relief.

senility is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 02:15 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senility View Post
An intriguing possibility, but we don't want Friesen. We've had plenty of chances to pick him up and passed. If you substituted a second line centre, like Lombardi, however, I think you might have something there. I still don't think Muckler would bite, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't. We could certainly use the cap relief.
I don't know if that would work financially, plus, Calgary can't afford to just trade away Lombardi right now and not get back another forward IMO. They just aren't in the position to make any two for one trades. I do not mind the idea of Regehr and Redden being the basis of a deal though, Redden is one of the guys I would certainly deal Regehr for.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:17 PM
therealdeal

Oh god, we're gonna trade away our best and cheapest defenseman for the most overrated and biggest no-show defenseman in the league with a big contract?

For the love of god, no.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:21 PM
flamingmoe

Wade Redden???? For Reghr and Friesen??? Maybe if Gary Leeman was around and played for Ottawa.

flamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Flamesfan 26

I think Regehr is the better defenceman and he makes a lot less. Doesn't make sense for the flames to do this

Flamesfan 26 is online now   Reply With Quote