HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Very Confused

Old
11-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Heske_44

vCash: 500
Very Confused

I know this has been somewhat addressed recently but was more of a general statement. I want to know what exactly Meyer is doing wrong. What aspect of his game is suffering and hurting the team? I haven't had a chance to watch him much live this year but expected him to pair with mainly with Pitkanen and every game I have watched he is a healthy scratch. Is he really worse than Hatcher or Rathje? Anyone with any information would be appreciated.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
FlyersFanJS

that's a good question...i would like to see meyer get more minutes...he looked somewhat promising last year.

i would like to see him rotate into the lineup while every once in a while rotating out rathje and/or gauthier

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Heske_44

Tough for me to follow as I live on the West Coast but always heard a lot of good things about him the past couple seasons. Now it seems all of a sudden he is moving backwards in his career.

Old
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Coburnfan05

While He hasn't played overly well this year so far, I think he needs regular minutes. He was a pleasent surprise last year and has much more speed and skill then every other defensemne not named Pitkanen. His size is his only downfall but he plays hard. I think he will come around and rivert back to his form last year. If he can regain his compusre and play like he did last year I would rank him as 2nd or 3rd best dman. I know I am in the minority with my assesment of him but to me he is far mor valuable then Hatcher, Rathje and Jones...maybe even Gauthier but at least he is good for big hit every once in a while.

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Heske_44

I am assuming it is his D that is the main problem. Last year he was pro-rated for 36 points as a 24 year old which is very solid production. Next Ric Jackman?

Last edited by Heske_44: 11-02-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old
11-02-2006, 05:30 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan View Post
While He hasn't played overly well this year so far, I think he needs regular minutes. He was a pleasent surprise last year and has much more speed and skill then every other defensemne not named Pitkanen. His size is his only downfall but he plays hard. I think he will come around and rivert back to his form last year. If he can regain his compusre and play like he did last year I would rank him as 2nd or 3rd best dman. I know I am in the minority with my assesment of him but to me he is far mor valuable then Hatcher, Rathje and Jones...maybe even Gauthier but at least he is good for big hit every once in a while.
I am part of that minority too!

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Kaktus*

Pitkanen looked like crap all season long too. He doesn't play D.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
BringBackStevens

freddy played alright last night. improving, but still not where he needs to be. randy jones is much better than he is at this point

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2006, 12:17 PM
NJFlyer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
freddy played alright last night. improving, but still not where he needs to be. randy jones is much better than he is at this point
I would agree. Last night was Freddie's best game this year. Saw some flashes of last years edition.

NJFlyer42 is offline   Reply With Quote