HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "We Want Crosby" Campaign

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Oil_in_my_veins

vCash: 500
The "We Want Crosby" Campaign

Kevin Lowe, your mission if you choose to accept it, is to find a way to draft Sidney Crosby. Make a trade, sell your wife's Olympic medals, whatever. Just get it done.
No one will ever compare to Gretz in my books but this kid is something special.

Who's with me.

Old
11-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Oilhitch

Yes I do think that whoever gets to draft Sydney Crosby will not be disapointed. He will be a superstar in the NHL on day. Provided he doesnt get injured.

Old
11-24-2003, 08:28 PM
gb701

geez and I thought I could escape the endless Crosby threads on the Oiler page...

if this kid is as good as everyone says, the only way to get him is going to be in last place and have a wheelbarrow full of money. Neither fits the Oil.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:26 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan
Kevin Lowe, your mission if you choose to accept it, is to find a way to draft Sidney Crosby. Make a trade, sell your wife's Olympic medals, whatever. Just get it done.
No one will ever compare to Gretz in my books but this kid is something special.

Who's with me.
We shouldn't go overboard. Remember that fantastic deal that philly made to get the last superhyped player, Eric Lindros? Not saying that Crosby will turn into a Lindros, but who knew back then that Lindros would turn into what he is today.

Old
11-24-2003, 09:40 PM
Oi'll say!

There are lots of other great young players around, I wouldn't want to see the Oilers mortgage their entire future for one player no matter how good he is.

Without saying the "O" word and starting a tong war, there is also Gilbert Brule having a very solid season in the dub as a 16 year old, and there are a lot of russians out there with mad mad skills as well. That Shutokov kid or whatever his name was tonight in the Rus/Q game was unreal, don't know how old he is or if he's already drafted, but I don't think anyone's going to skate circles around him in the nhl.

Yeah Crosby is probably still better, but the difference between the two wouldn't be worth a Hemsky or a Semenov.

2% chance Crosby ever plays here, this team would have to go downhill fast.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:06 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
There are lots of other great young players around, I wouldn't want to see the Oilers mortgage their entire future for one player no matter how good he is.

Without saying the "O" word and starting a tong war, there is also Gilbert Brule having a very solid season in the dub as a 16 year old, and there are a lot of russians out there with mad mad skills as well. That Shutokov kid or whatever his name was tonight in the Rus/Q game was unreal, don't know how old he is or if he's already drafted, but I don't think anyone's going to skate circles around him in the nhl.

Yeah Crosby is probably still better, but the difference between the two wouldn't be worth a Hemsky or a Semenov.

2% chance Crosby ever plays here, this team would have to go downhill fast.
2%? I think more like 0.2%. The oilers will not be a last place team anytime soon, and I don't see how else they could get crosby other than by drafting him.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Walsher

I hope the Oilers don't get Crosby the conventional way - that would be the most dissapointing result of all time. It would be nice to have this talent but never going to happen.

Old
11-24-2003, 11:05 PM
FacelessButcher

I thought they might just hold a general raffle for the 2005 draft if the hold-out lasts all of next year. That is the only plausible scenario where we would end up with Crosby.

Old
11-25-2003, 12:35 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
2%? I think more like 0.2%. The oilers will not be a last place team anytime soon, and I don't see how else they could get crosby other than by drafting him.
they could sign him as a UFA agent when he's 41 years old

Old
11-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Master Lok

Why don't we start a thread and demand that Lowe finds a way to get Thornton or Gaborik? Seems like pretty much the same deal.

Old
11-25-2003, 12:01 PM
oilswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan
Kevin Lowe, your mission if you choose to accept it, is to find a way to draft Sidney Crosby.
Easy.

Trade away all forwards and defense for prospects and picks. Call up the Roadrunners en masse.

Keep Salo and play him.

Voila, last place.

And also the ONLY way to get him.

Old
11-25-2003, 12:05 PM
kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
I thought they might just hold a general raffle for the 2005 draft if the hold-out lasts all of next year. That is the only plausible scenario where we would end up with Crosby.
Is this the answer to my question? If there is a lockout, it doesn't affect the 2004 draft but what about the 2005 draft if it lasts an entire year? It's hardly fair to base two drafts on one season. A general lottery is the only thing that makes sense.

My worst nightmare: Sidney Crosby skating for the Wings.

Old
11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
Oilers1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilswell
Easy.

Trade away all forwards and defense for prospects and picks. Call up the Roadrunners en masse.

Keep Salo and play him.

Voila, last place.

And also the ONLY way to get him.
OR we could trade Comrie for a pick and a prospect to a team that unexpectedly bottoms out. . .

Its happened before. Toronto never expected the Islanders to draft a potential franchise goalie 4th overall with their pick in 97.

Closed Thread