HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

trade tomorow

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
mwhehehe...

To Montreal: Brian Savage
To Phoenix: Future Consideration

!!!

Old
11-24-2003, 10:38 PM
evman150*

Just connecting dots here, but is it possible that Mike Comrie could be coming Montreal's way?

With Nick Kypreos reporting a Comrie deal will be done within the week and now this....who knows.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:52 PM
Hab-a-maniac

This is the most insane rumour post I've ever seen. With all the "reports," "rumours" and clues I'll be shocked if a trade DOESN'T go through or at least break down. Whatever the trade, there are many players I'm willing to trade. They are:
Perreault, Dackell, Juneau, Sundstrom, Rivet, Kilger, Dykhuis, Traverse, Boullion (although he has proven to be hard working), Quintal, Dagenais, Brisebois and possibly Gratton.
Well, it's 1:45 a.m MT for me, so that's near 4 am ET. If a trade isn't done by noon my time, it's all hooey again. And no, it's not gonna be Comrie. I have my own close sources that are speculating he's going somewhere to Los Angeles, either the Kings or Ducks and Anaheim is looking like the prime candidate (something like Corey Perry will go Edm's way) but we'll see! And no, it's not some friend who's uncle's cousin's old girlfriend slept with Comrie and word got around.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Disco Volante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
I think Pierre Dagenais is going to be traded, there's no reason to call this guy up, think about it they could of called up Chris Higgin's, Gratton, and many other prospects that are ten time's faster and better then Pierre
Doesn't make sens to call Dagenais up? Are we talking about the same 6 foot 5, second best scorer in the AHL?

I think the guy deserves a look. A good look.

As for the trade rumor, I love it when people get excited. (hope it goes thru and something major happens, but if it doesn't I won't really care)

Old
11-25-2003, 02:58 AM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Get Ready For The Trade Today

Stay tuned to RDS, TSN, ESPN, ectra, this deal is going down no doubt about it, i thought the other guy was ************ but my uncle never talks **** about these trade rumors, i'm going to work now, when i get home the trade will probably be done, i can't wait!

GO HABS GO!!!

Old
11-25-2003, 03:02 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Stay tuned to RDS, TSN, ESPN, ectra, this deal is going down no doubt about it, i thought the other guy was ************ but my uncle never talks **** about these trade rumors, i'm going to work now, when i get home the trade will probably be done, i can't wait!

GO HABS GO!!!
How come it's all the guys with 30 posts posting trade rumors and supporting them. It does look very suspicious to me.

Old
11-25-2003, 03:08 AM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good, Nice And Warm
How come it's all the guys with 30 posts posting trade rumors and supporting them. It does look very suspicious to me.
I had another name, but i couldn't log in anymore.

I had over 1,000 posts btw, not that it means anything but it kills the 30 posts idea.

If this trade don't happen today, i'll understand if anyone is mad at me, but i'm almost 100% sure...

Okay im out (work) cya!

Old
11-25-2003, 03:11 AM
habsfan11

i admit its kinda wierd to bring up komi, if theres no room on the right side, but evertime we think a trades coming, nothing happens. i hope im wrong and gainey is dumping rivet and/or quintal, but i dont see anyone wanting them/

Old
11-25-2003, 03:21 AM
Darz

Hmmmm..........I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
11-25-2003, 03:36 AM
markov`

Gainey said that he'll "explic" himself tuesday morning. It means that a trade will be made before noon, IMO.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:19 AM
Joe Cole

Hey guys, I have a confirmed source close to the Canadiens who has confirmed these certainties.

1- a player will get traded sometime in the future
2- a player is complaining about his ice time
3- the coach will get fired sometime in the future
4- we have inquired about a former top pick that is underachieving
5- we will sign a player for too much money
6- the Habs play in the North East division
7- the sun will rise on Wednesday, maybe even again on Thursday.

This is Canada. We all know someone who knows someone. We all know how to count, all those right sided D. We all watch SportsDesk, Sport 30 and 110%. We all listen to the Team 990, les amateurs de Sports and Sur la Passrelle.

Spare us the obvious "predictions". With this GM, we are better debating the trade after it's completed then talking about it before it MAY happen.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:29 AM
Démon Blond

I'll believe it when it happens, not before :p

I only hope that none of our top prospects (Hainsey, Perez, Komi, Hossa, Higgins, Plez, etc) will be traded, if this trade rumour is true

Old
11-25-2003, 04:41 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
What are you guys saying? Koivu..Zednik?
Please!!!

Jagr is worth ->GARBAGE right now!

He is a great player but his value is ****, we can just trade Rivet,Audette,Dykhuius and get him, his value is worth crap right now!

exactly

it cost washington 3 prospects when jagar was trying to be dumped by the pens, he was comming off another 90+ point season and was commanding big money. noone thought of him as a bum, but a force to be recogned with.

now he is making 11 million and his numbers are in the 70's range has fallen out of favor in the organization, and is widely regarded as a washed up baby

therefore it should only cost us rivet and a prospect (mabye dagenais) to get jagar while washington eats his salary

BTW i love when rumors are posted as pending, they give you a tingly feeling and get you excited

Old
11-25-2003, 04:45 AM
EquabaleAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Gainey said that he'll "explic" himself tuesday morning. It means that a trade will be made before noon, IMO.
is that eastern or atlantic or pacific or newfoundland time

ahhhhhhh i'm so confused

can't wait

Old
11-25-2003, 04:45 AM
Teezax

usually i take the "insider information' with a grain of salt but if you look mat this from all angles it makes sense. Why is Gainey waiting until today to explain the Komo and Dagenais callups? Now i'm not sure if it would be for Jagr but i do see a 3 way happening with Atlanta and Edmonton. We'll see how it pans out at the end of today.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:52 AM
Mike The Wall

I do not know if this has been mentioned but we are only at 22 players instead of the 23 minimum because of Audette being out Bob G would of called up another player is addition to fill the spot if something was not coming down soon

Old
11-25-2003, 04:57 AM
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Now i'm not sure if it would be for Jagr but i do see a 3 way happening with Atlanta and Edmonton. We'll see how it pans out at the end of today.
Like this idea much better than the Jagr one. When's the last time Montreal spent 11 mil per year on anyone? Can't see them starting now, especially with a crop of youngsters coming up. WHy bring an "old dog" into the mix that won't really help a team 3 or 4 years down the road when they will be a lot stronger?

Old
11-25-2003, 05:02 AM
goalchenyuk

most of the speculatons are that the trade will be with Washington , but wich team could also be good partner with us to make a deal ?

may be the penguins , it won't be a big deal , but i would like the team to go after RAMZI ABID ; he 's a big 6' 2 '' who have soft hand , but that is a slow skater .2 years ago he scored 10 goals in 30 games for the Coyotes .It seems that he is going nowhere this year for the team of m. Lemieux . imagine a line with Dagenais Ribiero and Abid ....the all time slowest line of the nhl but a lot of skill !

Old
11-25-2003, 05:10 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
I'm just surprised this wasn't locked...

Old
11-25-2003, 05:14 AM
EquabaleAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
most of the speculatons are that the trade will be with Washington , but wich team could also be good partner with us to make a deal ?

may be the penguins , it won't be a big deal , but i would like the team to go after RAMZI ABID ; he 's a big 6' 2 '' who have soft hand , but that is a slow skater .2 years ago he scored 10 goals in 30 games for the Coyotes .It seems that he is going nowhere this year for the team of m. Lemieux . imagine a line with Dagenais Ribiero and Abid ....the all time slowest line of the nhl but a lot of skill !
did they ever play together in the q?
i mean like 2 of them at different times

Old
11-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Marchy79

Ok... just read on Habfans (a poster named Stonney) that a trade is going down with Phoenix...
involving Craig Rivet, and an unknown player (??) for Chris Gratton.

Let me say I think it is hear say though...

This trade is taking up a lot of my mind I wish it were to be announced if it did happen

Old
11-25-2003, 05:28 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Ok... just read on Habfans (a poster named Stonney) that a trade is going down with Phoenix...
involving Craig Rivet, and an unknown player (??) for Chris Gratton.

Let me say I think it is hear say though...

This trade is taking up a lot of my mind I wish it were to be announced if it did happen
I also thought about Chris Gratton. I think this is one of the rumours that make the most sense IMO. Even though I don't see Gratton on our top 2 lines the good thing is that we get the chance to rid ourselves from Rivet's awful contract.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:32 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I also thought about Chris Gratton. I think this is one of the rumours that make the most sense IMO. Even though I don't see Gratton on our top 2 lines the good thing is that we get the chance to rid ourselves from Rivet's awful contract.
I would like to see it as well, but the reason for my doubts is because Gratton has been rumoured to Montreal for a long time now (I believe it got heavy when he was in Buffalo could be wrong though)

Old
11-25-2003, 05:36 AM
montreal25m

all this stuff is too funny...

Anyway, I will throw in my trade guess. I wouldn't be surprised to see three teams involved. Anaheim, Edmonton and Montreal. Anaheim apparently have been shopping Chistov, comrie in Edmonton, and Rivet in Montreal. Wouldn't be surprised to see something here.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:51 AM
Coco Fever

No press conference has been announced yet...does not look good...

I say "does not" because I would love to see a trade...it would at least make something new to talk about...

Closed Thread