GDT: Nashville @ Minnesota 11/04/2006

Old
11-04-2006, 10:13 AM
a79krgm

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
GDT: Nashville @ Minnesota 11/04/2006

vs

(Sports Network) - The Minnesota Wild hope to keep the best start in franchise history moving forward tonight when they host the surging Nashville Predators at Xcel Energy Center.

The Wild are 10-2-0 so far and lead the Northwest Division with 20 points. The club has won four of its last five contests and began November with a home victory over division rival Vancouver on Thursday.

Nashville, meanwhile, has won its last four games, and eight of its last nine since beginning the campaign with three straight losses. On Wednesday, Paul Kariya had three assists to lead the Predators past the Edmonton Oilers, 5-3, at Rexall Place.

Nashville is currently tied with Detroit for first place in the Central Division with 17 points. The Preds will have some time off before visiting the Red Wings next Friday.

Minnesota defeated Nashville, 6-5, on October 7 in St. Paul and has won two of the last three meetings overall.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 01:10 PM
GRETZKY_99

I sure hope the Wild win this one..

Parrish and Demitra will have a big night, they have been quiet for some time now...

BuT tonight, all I care about is seing another crazy slapper from Rolston!

Who's in net tonight ? Backstrom or Manny ?

GRETZKY_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 07:02 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRETZKY_99 View Post

BuT tonight, all I care about is seing another crazy slapper from Rolston!
QFT.

I remember back when we first signed Rolston, we were asking Bruins fans for their opinions on the guy. The general response was that he is a good player, but we should get used to the sound of the puck hitting the glass behind the net. Boy, were they wrong. All we've been hearing is the sound of twine ripping, and occasional goalie equipment shattering. Rolston is God

vitogor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by #16 View Post
QFT.

I remember back when we first signed Rolston, we were asking Bruins fans for their opinions on the guy. The general response was that he is a good player, but we should get used to the sound of the puck hitting the glass behind the net. Boy, were they wrong. All we've been hearing is the sound of twine ripping, and occasional goalie equipment shattering. Rolston is God
Without a doubt, the best all-around player to don a Wild uniform ... EVER.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
I see the Wild are down 2-1 after 1 - this is the no TV game, correct. I suppose we'll need to wait for folks to get back from the game to have a clue.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:18 PM
ceber

Team seemed off all night long, I thought. Could've won that game had they put in a consistent, smart effort. Nashville was very good at capitalizing on miskates.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
We showed a good effort. But, I think a good effort wasn't enough after Walz got hurt and JL took PM Bouchard off from White's line. Excessive line juggling when you are trying to keep pace in the goal column is never ideal.

Lets face it. A team like Nashville is going to score on you. They make you pay for your mistakes. The question is can the Wild make them pay for their mistakes?
This is one game where we needed Gabby.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote