HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/04 - Kings vs Coyotes @ Jobing.com Arena

Old
11-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Kings need about 2 or 3 more Kopitar's to be competitive. The kid is amazing.

Total disgraceful effort by the Kings. If they thought the practice after the second 4-1 loss to the Stars was bad, the one after this game should be brutal.

Very disappointed, especially after the effort in the last three games by the Kings.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:02 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Wow Kopitar is awesome as everyone has said.... Well we have two crap golies and Garon showed his true self, while Cloutier continued to play stupid. All I can say is I am happy that was not Cloutier otherwise there would be 12+ pages already on how they were all soft and he sucks.
Kostopulous has put up quite amazing numbers in his limited time. Really nice to see someone from the lower lines contributing.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
Wow Kopitar is awesome as everyone has said.... Well we have two crap golies and Garon showed his true self, while Cloutier continued to play stupid. All I can say is I am happy that was not Cloutier otherwise there would be 12+ pages already on how they were all soft and he sucks.
Kostopulous has put up quite amazing numbers in his limited time. Really nice to see someone from the lower lines contributing.

This is by far Garon's worst game. How can an outlier from what's been an otherwise consistent performance be "showing his true self?"

The only thing more annoying than Cloutier bashers are the anti-Garon bandwagoners.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:22 PM
wheeler1*

kopitar was amazing tonight! I'am a yotes fan and I was amazed at how he can fly and take control of a game at any given moment. He is a great player and a keeper for you guys, I'am sure that you already know this but it's my take as an outsider to this team. Great talent for sure.

wheeler1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
And, on top of that, Crow will likely never let Cloutier out of the net, now...
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with Garon for the next game. The only other time that he's pulled one of them (in the Colorado game), it was to rest him for the next game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings' Pawn
This is by far Garon's worst game. How can an outlier from what's been an otherwise consistent performance be "showing his true self?"
Because some people are just bitter and say silly things when they're not thinking. If you think that he's really as good as #1 in the league or as bad as tonight made it seem, then you need to follow hockey more.

Last edited by Osprey: 11-05-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:24 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes with Garon for the next game. The only other time that he's pulled one of them (in the Colorado game), it was to rest him for the next game.
I think this was a mercy pulling. The goals he was letting in (except for one) were not his fault...anyone could see that it was the team that let down the goalie and not the other way around.

I'm hoping Crow sees it that way, but you never know with him and his Cloutier-coloured glasses.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:49 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I think it would show that Crawford isn't favoring a goaltender if he played Garon the next game. When Cloutier got blown out in the Colorado game he pulled him and played him the next game, I'd hope he would do the same for Garon.

Edit: ya what Osprey said...

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Mindcircus

Horrible game... Kings didn't show up tonight.

And is it really Jobing.com Arena???

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:04 PM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post

The only thing more annoying than Cloutier bashers are the anti-Garon bandwagoners.
Wow far from a bandwagoner, I just never thought he was that great. I believe Garon is better then Cloutier no doubt, but not by much. I believe both are average goaltenders no more and no less. Just think its funny to what degree people think Garon is better or how good some think he is. I feel much safer with Garon in net like most all of you, just think all this bashing Cloutier and praising Garon is stupid, and by the end of the season they'll have similar stats. Also was obviously Garon's worst game and saying showing his true self was obviously an over statement, but I was trying to make a point. Also allowing 5 goals was actually nothing he did not do last year on MANY occasions (not saying it was his fault)

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Kingswin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
Wow far from a bandwagoner, I just never thought he was that great. I believe Garon is better then Cloutier no doubt, but not by much. I believe both are average goaltenders no more and no less. Just think its funny to what degree people think Garon is better or how good some think he is. I feel much safer with Garon in net like most all of you, just think all this bashing Cloutier and praising Garon is stupid, and by the end of the season they'll have similar stats. Also was obviously Garon's worst game and saying showing his true self was obviously an over statement, but I was trying to make a point. Also allowing 5 goals was actually nothing he did not do last year on MANY occasions (not saying it was his fault)
I Really think it was the pressure of having the best numbers.. I Think he will play fine next game... And how the hell is he supposed to stay aware when we keep on switching him out..

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 02:03 PM
LuLuBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Kopitar is playing every other shift... literally. This is amazing.
he is amazing. but i get mad every time i see him out there now. if he plays well the team still loses. if they had o'sullivan out there learning and getting ice time with decent linemates and not anyone named Armstrong, this team would still lose. so, why is he in manchster?

LuLuBelle is offline   Reply With Quote