HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Edmonton @ Columbus 11/25/2003

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 03:54 AM
Matt Foley*

vCash: 500
GDT: Edmonton @ Columbus 11/25/2003

Will the Jackets continue their solid play over the last two games?

Have the Oilers had enough time to thaw out after the Heritage Classic?

The last matchup was a good one that Columbus very easily could have taken two points out of. Instead, they had to settle for one after Marchant's goal near the end of regulation was disallowed.

Just a hunch, but I think the Jackets are going to continue their solid play of late. In fact, I think this could be a somewhat convincing win.

I'll say, 4-1 Jackets, Nash leading the way with two goals.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:28 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

I'll say Oilers 27, Jackets 2
Smyth and Hemsky both score 10, Staios chips in a hat trick, Izzy gets 2 and for good measure, Ty Conklin somehow manages 2 goals himself.
The Oil don't lose to a team named after a bug.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:29 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Oh and Nash scores 2...

Old
11-25-2003, 04:29 AM
Del Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley
Will the Jackets continue their solid play over the last two games?

Have the Oilers had enough time to thaw out after the Heritage Classic?

The last matchup was a good one that Columbus very easily could have taken two points out of. Instead, they had to settle for one after Marchant's goal near the end of regulation was disallowed.

Just a hunch, but I think the Jackets are going to continue their solid play of late. In fact, I think this could be a somewhat convincing win.

I'll say, 4-1 Jackets, Nash leading the way with two goals.
I'm with ya, Foley. 3-1 Jackets. Sanderson, Malhotra, and Vyborny. Torres for Edmonton. Everyone gets chili on the way home .....

Old
11-25-2003, 04:33 AM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
I'll say Oilers 27, Jackets 2
Smyth and Hemsky both score 10, Staios chips in a hat trick, Izzy gets 2 and for good measure, Ty Conklin somehow manages 2 goals himself.
The Oil don't lose to a team named after a bug.
Kallio, is this a copy and paste off of the Oilers board?

Old
11-25-2003, 04:48 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Kallio, is this a copy and paste off of the Oilers board?
You're right! My bad, I thought I was posting on the Oilers board. Silly me.
I read that Conklin will be starting for the Oilers and I guess they've been using him pretty hard since Salo got hurt. Here's hoping he's tired.
I'll go with a 3-2 score for the CBJ -- Sanderson, Sydor, Spacek for alliteration purposes. Staios and Smyth for the Oil.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:15 AM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
This is shaping up to be quite a solid game for the CBJ, in my book....

Oilers coming off emotional high, Conklin being overworked, Jackets building momentum, Freddy getting hot, CBJ nearly unbeatable at home=big Jacket win.

I like 4-1, with goals from Nash (2), Marchant, and Sandy.

Old
11-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Manny with his first of hopefully many in a CBJ uni. Wicked shot.

Old
11-25-2003, 02:43 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
I'm a little upset the game is not being shown in Dayton. They are showing Xaiver basketball and showing the game tomorrow at noon.

Intead I get to watch Harvard and BC on fox sports pacific (pacific?) Tyler Kolarikjust scored a goal.

Old
11-25-2003, 02:50 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

2-0 after one period. Sanderson on the PP with a little over a minute left. Nash now has 2 assists this season

Old
11-25-2003, 02:59 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
2-0 after one period. Sanderson on the PP with a little over a minute left. Nash now has 2 assists this season
Glad to see Nash keeping his 50 goal/5 assist pace up

Old
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Letowski on PP, 3-1 Good Guys.

Old
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

On one hand, it always is good to pick up a point. On the other, they had this game in hand and lost it. Credit to Edmonton for staying strong. I'm disappointed, but I guess the way things have gone thus far this season, I'm not going to complain too much.
Still undefeated in the last three. Points in four of the last five. Here's hoping they'll be pissed off tomorrow.
Special teams looked good today.
I'm tempering my excitement, but Manny played a very good game. Hope he is a gem.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
On one hand, it always is good to pick up a point. On the other, they had this game in hand and lost it. Credit to Edmonton for staying strong. I'm disappointed, but I guess the way things have gone thus far this season, I'm not going to complain too much.
Still undefeated in the last three. Points in four of the last five. Here's hoping they'll be pissed off tomorrow.
Special teams looked good today.
I'm tempering my excitement, but Manny played a very good game. Hope he is a gem.
I was hollaring at the TV when Nash (I think) was cross checked infront of the net to his knees, then Conklin slid out of his crease and delivered another cross check of his own, with under a minute left.

Meh, what can a fella do?

Old
11-25-2003, 05:49 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers
I was hollaring at the TV when Nash (I think) was cross checked infront of the net to his knees, then Conklin slid out of his crease and delivered another cross check of his own, with under a minute left.

Meh, what can a fella do?
The ref was standing a few feet away, and watched as Conklin took Nash down---no call. In fact, he continued watching as Nash got up, almost as if he was waiting to call any sort of retalliation from Nasher.

Disgusting.

Old
11-26-2003, 03:22 AM
Matt Foley*

I'll give the Oilers credit. They kept plugging away and never gave up.

It seemed as if the Jackets played the third period as if they had two points in the bag. Honestly, I thought they did too. It's frustrating that the Jackets couldn't finish the deal when they had their foot on the Oilers' proverbial throat.

Games like the one last night can be effective reminders to a team that hockey is a 60 minute game. Some teams are fortunate enough to get a point out of it, like the Jackets did last night. I've seen way too many games where they came away with no points when they should have had two. Now, what better time to show they have learned that lesson than tonight's game at Nashville.

I would expect Sydor to play his best game this season tonight. He should have covered his man better on that last Oiler goal and he knew it. I think that would give a player like Sydor a little extra inspiration going into his next game making sure that doesn't happen again.

Old
11-26-2003, 04:20 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
I'll give the Oilers credit. They kept plugging away and never gave up.

It seemed as if the Jackets played the third period as if they had two points in the bag. Honestly, I thought they did too. It's frustrating that the Jackets couldn't finish the deal when they had their foot on the Oilers' proverbial throat.

Games like the one last night can be effective reminders to a team that hockey is a 60 minute game. Some teams are fortunate enough to get a point out of it, like the Jackets did last night. I've seen way too many games where they came away with no points when they should have had two. Now, what better time to show they have learned that lesson than tonight's game at Nashville.

I would expect Sydor to play his best game this season tonight. He should have covered his man better on that last Oiler goal and he knew it. I think that would give a player like Sydor a little extra inspiration going into his next game making sure that doesn't happen again.
Anyone else think Rusty Klesla was really at fault on their 3rd Goal(Didnt cover his man, and allowed him to get off the pass)?

Old
11-26-2003, 07:39 AM
Seth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
Anyone else think Rusty Klesla was really at fault on their 3rd Goal(Didnt cover his man, and allowed him to get off the pass)?
While he did let the pass get off, i think the onus is still on Syds. In that play he was looking all pass to intercept it on the centering attempt. Instead of watching backdoor where i think it was Dvorak speeding in, cover his body and his stick he wont score that positional goal right in front. Simple as that the ball was dropped last night, and everyone in the rink saw that third goal coming as Dvorak entered the blueline. :mad: Hopefully they can pick two up tonight against Nashville.

I thought that Malholtra had an excellent game tonight, and I was pleased with his performance especially on their first goal.

Closed Thread