HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A question from a Detroit fan

Old
11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
TheDakkster*

vCash: 500
A question from a Detroit fan

Hi there Rangers fans. Ever since Shanny went to you guys I've looked a bit more than usual at your team.

What I want to ask about is this thing that Eklund wrote in his blog:

Quote:
NY Rangers: Apparent dressing room turmoil here. Shanahan has the room now, as the guy simply doesn’t accept losing. Shanny will forever be the guy to me who saved hockey during the lockout because he was a great “go-between” and a diplomat. Players you talk to say that other players either love him or hate him. He is not a patient guy, and when Jagr wasn’t getting the team going in the room Shanny stepped in. Jags, who never really wanted the “C”, isn’t thrilled with Shanny. Or so the story goes…
As we all know, Eklund blows A LOT of hot air. So I thought I should ask you guys if there's any possible truth at all to what he wrote. So is there?

TheDakkster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 09:52 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

I don't buy it, at least to a certain extent. I can see Shanny being vocal in the locker room, but I don't think that Jagr is not pleased with him, or at least he shouldn't be. Where would this team be right now without Shanny?

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 09:53 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDakkster View Post
Hi there Rangers fans. Ever since Shanny went to you guys I've looked a bit more than usual at your team.

What I want to ask about is this thing that Eklund wrote in his blog:

As we all know, Eklund blows A LOT of hot air. So I thought I should ask you guys if there's any possible truth at all to what he wrote. So is there?
LoL Eklund.

Does he have a camera in the locker room? All BS.

Everytime Shanny scored a goal Jagr has the biggest smile on the bench and is always the first to congratulate him on anything.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
McDonagh27

Jagr is a winner and wants to win in NY... There's a reason why he will only play for New York for the rest of his career.. Shanny takes so much pressure off of Jagr, I'm sure he can feel nothing but relief that the Rangers provided him with another top notch scorer this year...

Eklund =

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:22 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
From what I've read, Shanny has gone out of his way to avoid treading on any toes since he arrived. FLYLine has a good point, on the ice, Shanny and Jagr certainly seem to get along great, even if they don't have the best playing chemistry.

Actually, I think it was a mistake to give Jagr the C this season. Keeping three A's was a much better fit for this team.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:29 PM
NYRMatt

Every goal Shanahan scores, I see Jagr smile. I am pretty sure Jagr doesnt show this 'hate' towards Shanny for that. Take Shanny's winning goal from when we played the Sharks. Jagr was the first to get of the bench too Shanny and congratulate him on the goal.

Jagr may not be the top goal scorer right now but, he certainly has the most assists!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:31 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Exactly everytime I see Jags or Shanny smiling it is always when they are joking around with each other. To me it seems like they are getting along great.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:32 PM
NYI_For_Life

Send a message via MSN to NYI_For_Life
I'm no Rangers fan But I don't buy it. Jagr may not be leading in goals but he is the leader in points. He has dumped off alot of assists this season so far.

NYI_For_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:42 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Bullcrap

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
zacn

Yeah, from the number of times I've seen the two laughing next to each other on the bench after a goal, this sounds like the ravings of a madman.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:02 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Jagr is a winner and wants to win in NY... There's a reason why he will only play for New York for the rest of his career.. Shanny takes so much pressure off of Jagr, I'm sure he can feel nothing but relief that the Rangers provided him with another top notch scorer this year...

Eklund =
I dont know Eklund but everyone seems to say he wrong way more times than right.

I find great interest in watching away from the puck, watching how players react when the camera not on them, etc.

I believe that they dont care for each other. They rarely talk to each other on the ice. Cullen and Shanahan talk alot - Jagr and Straka talk alot, Jagr tells Nylander what to do alot. Its funny sit close or listen close to the game you can hear "Michael!" like a father scolding his son.

Jagr wants everyone to defer to him, but then loves to turn it around and act like hes just one of the guys.

I believe Shanahan is the N.A. leader and Jagr is the Euro leader. Example: Adam Hall will go to Shanahan before he goes to Jagr. Likewise but opposite for Prucha.

I believe this is partially why Rucchin didnt come back (from his POV), he never liked the stick raising and spoke out against it.

(By now you're thinking I am nuts or drunk. I assure you I am not the later.)

Watch Shanahan closely, he looks like he wants to tell everyone to f-off all the time, while Jagr tends to have some more fun. If Shanahan cracks a smile its for an instant then back to stone face. When opposing N.A.'s have an issue with a Ranger, the go to Shanahan. Pronger and Niedermeyer did it a few times the other night.

Dont get me wrong, its not a problem. Its just who they are. All of us have people we dont care for, but if they help us get where we're going, it all works out.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
TheDakkster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I dont know Eklund but everyone seems to say he wrong way more times than right.
Exactly, that's why I wanted to ask you guys So far it seems there's no rift or anything. Anyone who has any special insight in the matter who can say otherwise?

Old
11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
shoothepuck

Two competetive guys who want to win. Jagr has no problem setting Shanny up on the pp. As long as they play together on the ice, who cares.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:29 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDakkster View Post
Exactly, that's why I wanted to ask you guys So far it seems there's no rift or anything. Anyone who has any special insight in the matter who can say otherwise?
There's one or two guys who post here who do have 'inside information', but they usually only show up when they really have something important to say. The closest things right now is Sam Weinman's blog from the Westchester Journal News:
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

and the ever-dependable Blueshirt Bulletin website:
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:05 AM
Balej20*

It wouldn't be the oddest thing in the world if some of the players don't get along with eachother off the ice.

For example, I work at a restaurant on LI, right down the road from the Colisieum. So frequently, Islander players come in after games to dine, when it's not so busy. Tonight, Miro Satan walked in with a weird friend, and 10 minutes later, Trent Hunter walked in. I told Trent that Miro was sitting at one of the booths over there, and Trent says "Oh yeah?" and rolled his eyes, waved his hand at miro as if to say "screw him" and walked to the other side of the restaurant to eat. BTW, Trent Hunter is a really cool guy to sit and talk to.

My point is, it's not all roses between these guys off the ice. All that matters to us as fans is if they win on the ice. I wouldnt worry about off ice stuff.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:18 AM
TheDakkster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
There's one or two guys who post here who do have 'inside information', but they usually only show up when they really have something important to say. The closest things right now is Sam Weinman's blog from the Westchester Journal News:
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

and the ever-dependable Blueshirt Bulletin website:
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/
Thanks! I think I'll start reading those on a regular basis. Seems like good writing after a quick read.

Old
11-05-2006, 06:41 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
It wouldn't be the oddest thing in the world if some of the players don't get along with eachother off the ice.

For example, I work at a restaurant on LI, right down the road from the Colisieum. So frequently, Islander players come in after games to dine, when it's not so busy. Tonight, Miro Satan walked in with a weird friend, and 10 minutes later, Trent Hunter walked in. I told Trent that Miro was sitting at one of the booths over there, and Trent says "Oh yeah?" and rolled his eyes, waved his hand at miro as if to say "screw him" and walked to the other side of the restaurant to eat. BTW, Trent Hunter is a really cool guy to sit and talk to.

My point is, it's not all roses between these guys off the ice. All that matters to us as fans is if they win on the ice. I wouldnt worry about off ice stuff.
thats cool, what restaurant is that?

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Fletch

There's no way...

for us to know. Would Shanny stand up in the locker room and say something? He may, if he didn't think he was stepping on Jagr's toes. Would Jagr be somewhat upset about someone else stepping up in the locker room when people are looking at him with the 'C' on his chest? Quite possibly. Does Eklund know what he's talking about? I have no idea, but if Jagr's pissed, that's a good thing considering they won their last two on a west coast trip and took 3 out of 4.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 06:57 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post

Thats right for the most part, but if sometimes that one player or two that are causing the lockerroom problems/tensions could become a cancer to the team on the ice, causing the team to lose chemistry. Thats when it becomes a problem.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 03:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I like reading Eklund but anything that doesn't have a little (e4) or (e5) next to it is to be taken with the upmost grain of salt.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

In a related story, Shanahan skated off the ice today at the end of the game *in a hurry* to get in the locker room . I cant remember the last time I saw a player do that while everyone else was congratulating/consoling their goalie.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
In a related story, Shanahan skated off the ice today at the end of the game *in a hurry* to get in the locker room . I cant remember the last time I saw a player do that while everyone else was congratulating/consoling their goalie.
He's hurting. As is Jagr by the looks of it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote