HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to WIP... big Flyers trade is IMMINENT!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2006, 10:11 PM
  #1
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
According to WIP... big Flyers trade is IMMINENT!

from flyersphans.com

Left the game and got in my car... turned on 610 and Tim Saunders said, "big changes are coming." Then the new guy took over and said that he talked to the writers tonight and a MAJOR trade with Calgary is imminent with the Flames. Names involved: Gagne, Carter, Umberger, Giroux and Iginla. They said that talks are heavy and the only thing holding the trade up is the Flyers not wanting to give up Claude Giroux. He also said that if Iginla doesn't end up here, there is rumors of Calgary trading him to Tampa.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:12 PM
  #2
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
i DO NOT want to give up Giroux.

i also don't buy that this interim-GM is about to cut that big a deal... but that's just me.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:13 PM
  #3
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange View Post
from flyersphans.com

Left the game and got in my car... turned on 610 and Tim Saunders said, "big changes are coming." Then the new guy took over and said that he talked to the writers tonight and a MAJOR trade with Calgary is imminent with the Flames. Names involved: Gagne, Carter, Umberger, Giroux and Iginla. They said that talks are heavy and the only thing holding the trade up is the Flyers not wanting to give up Claude Giroux. He also said that if Iginla doesn't end up here, there is rumors of Calgary trading him to Tampa.
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB

If Carter, Umberger, Giroux and Gagne are all traded, I am officially no longer a Flyers fan. This would be the single worst move in their history.

So much for not trading the young guys.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:14 PM
  #4
Lupul*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,815
vCash: 500
Please do not do this trade.

It's not worth it.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:14 PM
  #5
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
I will say **** hockey if the kids are gone. What ever happened to protecting and not trading the youth Snider? You gutless ****

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:15 PM
  #6
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB

If Carter, Umberger, Giroux and Gagne are all traded, I am officially no longer a Flyers fan. This would be the single worst move in their history.

So much for not trading the young guys.
some young guys are involved on the way back...

it's still a dumb trade.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:15 PM
  #7
Flyguy_1ca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: BC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 386
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Flyguy_1ca
I agree, this is terrible news...sounds like we're trading our most talented players under the age of 27 for a desperate quick fix

Flyguy_1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:16 PM
  #8
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
It's going to be another Lindros trade again. Here, have all our best prospects for you one guy. Would you also like us to bend over for you aswell?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:18 PM
  #9
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
if trade is done there will be others coming back are way.......

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:18 PM
  #10
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
some young guys are involved on the way back...

it's still a dumb trade.
Yeah, but who???? Even if Phaneuf was included, it is still a stupid trade. They do not have any prospects anywhere near as highly rated and with the potential of Carter, Umberger and Giroux especially. And then Gagne is 3 years younger then Iginla.

So in typical Flyers fashion, some young players are slumping in exactly the beginning of their 2nd season and they want to trade them. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snider has to go. Plain and simple. This organization is DONE. DONE. DONE and is NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER going to win SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Build a f$%^n team already and stop making stupid moves everytime there is a slump.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:19 PM
  #11
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
Rodu smash!!

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:20 PM
  #12
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Yeah, but who????


So in typical Flyers fashion, some young players are slumping in exactly the beginning of their 2nd season and they want to trade them. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snider has to go. Plain and simple. This organization is DONE. DONE. DONE.

Build a f$%^n team already and stop making stupid moves everytime there is a slump.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
according to Eklund... Boyd and Ramholt.

i don't like the trade, don't get me wrong... picks and youth for older players... manage the cap.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
  #13
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
Snider is on my **** list. He is so the next target for an avatar

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
  #14
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
It's going to be another Lindros trade again. Here, have all our best prospects for you one guy. Would you also like us to bend over for you aswell?
Yeah, but at least Lindros was a 19 year old at that point. We are getting a 29 year old RW who is so highly regarded over one good season.

Gagne is just as good, maybe a hair less.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
  #15
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
Could be BS so chill and wait it out should see something tomorrow morning maybe............

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
  #16
flyersfan97
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
Snider is on my **** list. He is so the next target for an avatar
I can hardly wait....your avatars always make my day.


Last edited by flyersfan97: 11-04-2006 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo
flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:23 PM
  #17
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Yeah, but at least Lindros was a 19 year old at that point. We are getting a 29 year old RW who is so highly regarded over one good season.

Gagne is just as good, maybe a hair less.
Gagne isn't half the leader that Iginla is... i don't think their actual hockey skills are as far apart as some would claim. However, Iginla is a leader...

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
  #18
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
according to Eklund... Boyd and Ramholt.

i don't like the trade, don't get me wrong... picks and youth for older players... manage the cap.
Ok, so

Gagne - 47 goals 25 years old
Carter - #1 Pick, potential first liner, 21 years old (already had success in NHL)
Umberger - #1 Pick, potential 2nd liner, 24 years old (already had success in NHL)
Giroux - #1 Pick, still in juniors, potential star

for

Iginla - 29 year old, overrated, living off one great season
Boyd - 20 year old 3rd round pick
Ramholt - 22 year old 2nd round pick

IMHO, this would be the single worst trade I have ever seen in my entire life.

In fact, if this trade is made, I would bet money that Calgary wins the cup either this year or next year.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:28 PM
  #19
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Gagne isn't half the leader that Iginla is... i don't think their actual hockey skills are as far apart as some would claim. However, Iginla is a leader...
My other thread on Gagne vs. Iginla proves the numbers and skills are pretty damn close. As for the leader thing, this team obviously needs a leader, but you dont need Iginla. There are plenty of good, much cheaper leaders out there without having to mortgage our future. As the Lindros and Primeau eras proved, your leader is not necessarily going to be your best player.

If this trade was just Gagne for Iginla, with another player each and Calgary's slightly younger and better, then I might think about it.

But to include Carter, Umberger, Giroux in any talks, especially the same trade is just plain stupid.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:28 PM
  #20
CapsChemist
Registered User
 
CapsChemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: State College
Country: United States
Posts: 1,266
vCash: 500
No way we give up Carter and Umberger and Gagne in the same deal unless the guy coming back is named Ovechkin

CapsChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:29 PM
  #21
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Ok, so

Gagne - 47 goals 25 years old
Carter - #1 Pick, potential first liner, 21 years old (already had success in NHL)
Umberger - #1 Pick, potential 2nd liner, 24 years old (already had success in NHL)
Giroux - #1 Pick, still in juniors, potential star

for

Iginla - 29 year old, overrated, living off one great season
Boyd - 20 year old 3rd round pick
Ramholt - 22 year old 2nd round pick

IMHO, this would be the single worst trade I have ever seen in my entire life.

In fact, if this trade is made, I would bet money that Calgary wins the cup either this year or next year.

where they were picked is immaterial.

i agree that you don't do the deal. if Giroux isn't involved... i consider cutting the deal.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:29 PM
  #22
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Ok, so

Gagne - 47 goals 25 years old
Carter - #1 Pick, potential first liner, 21 years old (already had success in NHL)
Umberger - #1 Pick, potential 2nd liner, 24 years old (already had success in NHL)
Giroux - #1 Pick, still in juniors, potential star

for

Iginla - 29 year old, overrated, living off one great season
Boyd - 20 year old 3rd round pick
Ramholt - 22 year old 2nd round pick

IMHO, this would be the single worst trade I have ever seen in my entire life.

In fact, if this trade is made, I would bet money that Calgary wins the cup either this year or next year.
If thats the trade i dont want it but i think the players coming our way will differ.........

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:30 PM
  #23
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
If Calgary gets there mits un Carter, Umberger and Giroux, I want Dion ******* Phaneuf coming back

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:32 PM
  #24
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
I can hardly wait....your avatars always make my day.

I'm working on it right now

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:33 PM
  #25
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,845
vCash: 500
i'll do that deal if giroux is left out.

iginla is a much better player than gagne. umberger is playing nice this season, but i can live without him.


i dont like giving up carter but thats still a nice return

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.