HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to WIP... big Flyers trade is IMMINENT!

Old
11-04-2006, 10:34 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
where they were picked is immaterial.

i agree that you don't do the deal. if Giroux isn't involved... i consider cutting the deal.
Even without Giroux, I dont do it.

Add Phaneuf or Regehr and a good prospect and I will start to consider it (without Giroux)

Otherwise, NO WAY

This team has a terrible defense and mediocre goaltending. If Iginla was the missing piece to winning this year or next, yes.

This team is not winning in the near future. Keeping Gagne, Carter, Giroux, Umberger, Richards, etc. together is key.

They havent even played 100 games in the NHL yet for god sake.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
RoDu

Are these calgary prospects evan in the NHL right now?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post

Add Phaneuf or Regehr and a good prospect and I will start to consider it (without Giroux)

Otherwise, NO WAY

This team has a terrible defense and mediocre goaltending. If Iginla was the missing piece to winning this year or next, yes.

This team is not winning in the near future. Keeping Gagne, Carter, Giroux, Umberger, Richards, etc. together is key.

don't kid yourself. phaneuf has a rediculous value. if we could land him for that package we would do it in a second

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Norm MacDonald

I really hope there is no deal, because desperation moves always ends up with the desperate team getting screwed over. I wouldn't worry about that deal happening, because Snider is not THAT stupid. Besides, he stated that he won't trade away the young core and I can only see them beeing more important to the success of this organization now. I could see many guys on this team being traded, but not Carter or even Giroux unless top-notch, young talent comes back.

Edit: I don't think Iginla's even that much better than Gagne. I think many of us seem to think that the grass is greener on the other side.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:40 PM
RoDu

c'est finis or however it's spelled

Old
11-04-2006, 10:40 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
don't kid yourself. phaneuf has a rediculous value. if we could land him for that package we would do it in a second

Right, but what are the chances that he is included. Probably none.

So in other words you are telling me that Umberger and Carter have gone from top prospects and nearly untouchable to being thrown into a big trade for an almost 30 RW in 14 games???

Old
11-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Jester

Quote:

Otherwise, NO WAY

oh, as i said in the other thread... the trades this team should make this year are deals where they unload vets for picks and young players...

i want to draft a LOT of players over the next couple of years.

i also want to clear cap space. i'd try to move Rathje if possible... and i would waive Hatcher because i think he'll retire rather than see his contract through.... thus you don't even need to worry about his contract (this is the Machiavellian crap i don't think the management of NHL team is capable of)...

in those two moves i could get rid of a lot of prolems for this franchise in terms of cap space. i take the leftover cap space to sign a 1st pairing dman to play with Pitkanen... and a 2nd/3rd pairing guy to fill out our defensive roster.

Forsberg/Knuble being gone creates salary space at forward, which will be mitigated by NHL ready players coming back for Forsberg. I sign a 2nd/3rd line player who is <30 with leadership skills (Kapanen 5 years younger would be perfect, but he's going to retire/be gone).

so on and so forth.

those are the moves this team should be making. play the young kids... let them screw up, screw up, screw up, screw up less, screw up less, screw up rarely... not screw up.

2 year process.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:42 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
oh, as i said in the other thread... the trades this team should make this year are deals where they unload vets for picks and young players...

i want to draft a LOT of players over the next couple of years.

i also want to clear cap space. i'd try to move Rathje if possible... and i would waive Hatcher because i think he'll retire rather than see his contract through.... thus you don't even need to worry about his contract (this is the Machiavellian crap i don't think the management of NHL team is capable of)...

in those two moves i could get rid of a lot of prolems for this franchise in terms of cap space. i take the leftover cap space to sign a 1st pairing dman to play with Pitkanen... and a 2nd/3rd pairing guy to fill out our defensive roster.

Forsberg/Knuble being gone creates salary space at forward, which will be mitigated by NHL ready players coming back for Forsberg. I sign a 2nd/3rd line player who is <30 with leadership skills (Kapanen 5 years younger would be perfect, but he's going to retire/be gone).

so on and so forth.

those are the moves this team should be making. play the young kids... let them screw up, screw up, screw up, screw up less, screw up less, screw up rarely... not screw up.

2 year process.
exactly

Old
11-04-2006, 10:43 PM
mikedifr

hey, while we are at it, why dont we throw in Pitkanen and Richards and get Tony Amonte and Rhett Warrener.

Old
11-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Jester

Quote:
hey, while we are at it, why dont we throw in Pitkanen and Richards and get Tony Amonte and Rhett Warrener.

are we playing post?

that's a serious question, because Amonte is an F'ing GOD at post...

Old
11-04-2006, 10:48 PM
RoDu

If this trade happens, I will burn my Flyers jersey, and I'm done with them.

How the hell does this trade evan begin to help the team? Don't worry overpaid useless vets, you continue to suck all you want, we'll just move those nasty kids who take away from your ice time and get more overpaid useless vets(not saying Iginla is useless, I'm ranting)

Old
11-04-2006, 10:49 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
c'est finis or however it's spelled
LOL, bulls-eye is a bit harsh, in my opinion, but your point is well taken nonetheless. I've stayed awake to see it, and now I can hit the sack. Have a good night.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
If this trade happens, I will burn my Flyers jersey, and I'm done with them.

How the hell does this trade evan begin to help the team? Don't worry overpaid useless vets, you continue to suck all you want, we'll just move those nasty kids who take away from your ice time and get more overpaid useless vets(not saying Iginla is useless, I'm ranting)
aside from hatcher and rathje- who exactly are overpaid vets? answer is there are none... and none to move. you want players- you need to give to get. im not saying trade away all our youth, including all 3 of carter giroux and umberger would be a disaster, but when they are performing like they are, they cant be untouchable.

Old
11-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Ok, so

Gagne - 47 goals 25 years old

for

Iginla - 29 year old, overrated, living off one great season

Excuse me but Iginla is twice the player Gagne is....

If Iggy is living off one season, what is Gagne living off?

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:01 PM
capn89*

I don't want Iginla. **** him!

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:07 PM
BringBackStevens

and to clarify/rethinking my stance - as much as i'd love iginla on this team i would question moving these pieces without getting serious defensive help in return

Old
11-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
I will say **** hockey if the kids are gone. What ever happened to protecting and not trading the youth Snider? You gutless ****
How is Snider gutless?

It's a rumor, and you're treating it like fact. There's going to be rumors of a monster trade for as long as Philly sucks, which should last the duration of the season. Get used to it.

On another topic, show some ****ing respect. Snider's done more in his life than you or I could dream of accomplishing, you ingrate.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Mike you're kidding yourself if you wouldn't give up those players for Phaneuf and Iginla.

To get Phaneuf alone without giving up Pitkanen would be the steal of the century.

This rumoured trade isn't so good though. I'd do Carter and Gagne for Iginla and Boyd, but I wouldn't add Umberger or Giroux especially. That's just too much youth.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
On another topic, show some ****ing respect. Snider's done more in his life than you or I could dream of accomplishing, you ingrate.

or we could get an owner like wang and show everyone acting like this how nice it is to have an owner that cares about his team and his city

Old
11-04-2006, 11:15 PM
RoDu

Quote:
How is Snider gutless?

It's a rumor, and you're treating it like fact. There's going to be rumors of a monster trade for as long as Philly sucks, which should last the duration of the season. Get used to it.

I'm clearly over reacting and ranting . Jeez

Old
11-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Just thought I'd put these here for some to see, the rumoured prospects coming back in the trade:

Quote:
1. (1) Dustin Boyd, C
Rating: 7.5 C, Projection: 2nd line center

Boyd’s final season with the Moose Jaw Warriors was by far his best season in all categories. He had 90 points, including 48 goals and 42 assists in 64 games. His plus/minus was a solid +27 and his 18 postseason points were 14 more than his previous best. The lingering question is can he continue his development as the solid two-way player he was last season? The one thing for sure is that the 6’, 200 lbs centerman is chomping at the bit to hit the big league. And while he may not have the size of a Kris Chucko or Eric Nystrom, he has the edge in skill. Boyd will need some seasoning in Omaha, and though a call-up during the season is possible, it would best serve Boyd’s development to spend a full year in the AHL.
Quote:
7. (7) Tim Ramholt, D
Rating: 6.5 B, Projection: fifth or sixth defenseman

Recently re-signed by the club, 6’1, 198 lbs Tim Ramholt is seeking a return to North American hockey from the Kloten Flyers of the Swiss League. Drafted by the Flames in the second round, 39th overall, of the 2003 draft, Ramholt played the 2003-04 season with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the QMJHL, but made a financially motivated decision to return to his native Switzerland.

Now that he is back in the system, he is easily the Flames most skilled defense prospect. The young rearguard is a strong skater who moves the puck well, and with a nose for physical play will be a solid two-way player in the future. Ramholt will likely need a year or two in Omaha before being considered for full-time NHL employment.
If the rumoured trade of Gagne, Umberger and Giroux for Iginla, Boyd and Ramholt went through, it would be hard to be disappointed (except losing Giroux would blow).

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
I'm clearly over reacting and ranting . Jeez
I guess we're all on edge around here. Sorry about that. I just go off when some one criticizes Snider, the father of the Flyers.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
If the rumoured trade of Gagne, Umberger and Giroux for Iginla, Boyd and Ramholt went through, it would be hard to be disappointed (except losing Giroux would blow).
if you took out Giroux and put someone like Potulny/Rosie... it would be okay.

way too much potential in that trade from our end... especially because that trade does NOT solve this teams problems now.

Old
11-04-2006, 11:33 PM
RoDu

Quote:
I guess we're all on edge around here. Sorry about that. I just go off when some one criticizes Snider, the father of the Flyers.
I took it down, for now. But if this trade actually happens, we all know who pulled the trigger. Holmgren is a puppet, making Snider the puppetier

Old
11-04-2006, 11:39 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
if you took out Giroux and put someone like Potulny/Rosie... it would be okay.

way too much potential in that trade from our end... especially because that trade does NOT solve this teams problems now.
at this point i agree. ive got to watch giroux a lot and he is going to be very special. losing him would be absolutely devastating