HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings/Yotes Post Game Thoughts

Old
11-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
Kings/Yotes Post Game Thoughts

Overall, this has to be disappointing. Any time you lose to Phoenix, which we've done a lot lately, its gotta be considered a disappointment. Garon look average. The only goal I blame him on is the 5th in which he did his patented lazy cross crease slide. Other wise, the defensive zone coverage was horrible. Tverdovsky and Sopel where sub par.

Quick Thoughts:

* Why do we make Georges Laraque look like Guy Lafleur out there every time we play against him ? I guess tonite was no where near as bad as that hat trick he had against us in Edmonto.

* David Leneveu's rebound control made me appreciate Cloutier..........okay, it wasn't THAT bad.

* Kopitar had his best game tonight. What a player this kid is. I really appreciiate his sense of the game, his hustle, his defensive work & his love of the game. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to have this guy on my team & hopefully for the rest of his career.

* Even though we lost, I still had a fun time laughing at Roenick out there. He's the Daunte Culpepper of hockey.

* Did Cloutier give the pictures he had of Marc Crawford to Brian Willsie ? What is he supposed to bring to a hockey team ? He's on Cloutier's level. How the hell did he get 19 goals last year ? They must have went off his skates and in most of them time because he has no skill. Is it just me or is he on ice for every PP goal we give up ? There should be more Willsie threads than Cloutier hate threads, seriously. This guys terrible.

* Ivanans ALWAYS plays his role to a tee. A great enforcer and has some hockey sense to. I guess I appreciate him even more after having to watch George Parros a.k.a. our makeshift enforcer last year. Any word on whether Parros learned how to stand up straight ?

* Thornton finally played a good game. He needs to be much more consistent.

* Kostopolous should not see the press box again. I was against bringing him back this year but he's been great every game.

Rob Stauber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:55 PM
kingsfan25

It is you!!!

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 10:58 PM
King Blazer

Sopel didn't skate shift in the 3rd period? Any ideas? Thanks, I came in late...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:01 PM
riseandfall9

riseandfall9`s Post game thoughts that nobody will like

Norstrom was on the ice for 4 goals
Miller was on the ice for 4 goals
Sopel was on the ice for 2 goals

WHERE ARE ALL THE GARON FANS TONIGHT ISNT HE OUR SAVIOR? Im not defending Cloutier and I dont dislike Garon but hopefully people will shut up now

Okay time to go to LGK and watch Marriages fall apart and people cry.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Sopel didn't skate shift in the 3rd period? Any ideas? Thanks, I came in late...

He played sub par, but with guys like Dallman/Tverdvosky and us needing goals, benching him would be a stupid idea unless he got injured. It probably was an injury im assuming since he's Crawford's boy.

Old
11-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post

WHERE ARE ALL THE GARON FANS TONIGHT ISNT HE OUR SAVIOR? Im not defending Cloutier and I dont dislike Garon but hopefully people will shut up now

The funny thing is, Garon played tonight like Cloutier plays every game.

Garon >>>> Barry Brust's Uncle >>>> Cloutier

Old
11-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
It is you!!!

Old
11-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Venom_17

Quote:
Ummm...we just wanted Crow to play the HOT goalie...

Venom_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

The defense absolutely sucked tonight. That goal by Jovo was a serious softy by Garon. Lisin's goal was simply a good play by the Coyotes. Everything else was just real lousy coverage.

Doan's goal - Norstrom was covering one player, and Miller leaves the slot wide open to join Norstrom in covering one forward, leaving Doan alone to jab at the rebound.

Lisin's goal - Already mentioned this one. Great play by Coyotes

Laraque's goal - Sopel did a great job watching the play from the slot. Garon was covering the short side and had his paddle down to stop any attempted jam between the pads.

Doan's 2nd goal - Another great play by Sopel, getting in Garon's way.

Jovanovski's goal -

Seidenberg's goal - Just sloppy play by the Kings with everyone running around the place. It could have been stopped by Cloutier, but you just get the sense the Coyotes were going to score on that play.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:20 PM
RightKinger

I really like how Kopitar tried to bring the Kings back by taking over. Kopitar had a really good game tonight. I thought Roenick played a pretty good game tonight. LeNeveu made some big saves in the third. Garon played horrible. Not really a bad effort tonight from the Kings but sloppy play and shaky goaltending was the story of this game. I can't believe we lost to Phoenix.

Last edited by RightKinger: 11-04-2006 at 11:28 PM.
RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stauber View Post
The funny thing is, Garon played tonight like Cloutier plays every game.

Garon >>>> Barry Brust's Uncle >>>> Cloutier
Its a tough thing man. You never know. It could be worse....We could be paying Luongo 7 million to do the same thing that Cloutier is doing I guess? If you really think about it nobody out there has that solid goaltending, maybe New Jersey but other then that nobody. All the big teams Ottawa , Detriot , Colorado(ROFL) , Montreal. Sometimes it just feels like a loose loose situation. Everybody last season was preaching that DT shouldnt have got rid of Huet but hes just as streaky as Garon. I guarentee if Garon goes into a slump and plays like Cloutier is playing now and Cloutier goes on to play solid hockey the next 5 - 6 games people will jump back on the bandwagon. Thats just the way it goes. On a loosing team the goalie is always public enemy #1 sorta like me on the hfboards.com . Great goalies are hard to come by and I think coming by them is pure luck and I feel the Kings will get lucky one day.

Old
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Ummm...we just wanted Crow to play the HOT goalie...
No...Im talking about LGK people. They were talking about doing somthing to run Cloutier out of town and stuff. I usually dont read much over there unless its KingPawn , STANDandFIGHT , Hatter and sometimes RinkRats news. But sometimes I cant help but notice some of the stupid stuff alot of them say. If you say somthing about Avery and his personality your automatically a moron and they hate you. Stuff like that

Old
11-04-2006, 11:32 PM
nikolai19

I think it would send a message to the team and it would probably also garnish a very healthy return, but I think it is time for Matty Norstrom to get dealt. His defensive zone coverage was very good before the lockout but he hasn't been very good this year.

Being that he is the captain of the team as well as a so called number 1 shutdown defenseman, we could probably get back a really good young defenseman, a good forward prospect, and a pick.

The young defenseman can learn plenty from Blake and Miller. Plus, with the possibility of Jack MF Johnson showing up either this year or maybe next, that will fill another top 4 role.

All this talk of Visnovsky and Conroy getting dealt doesn't make a ton of sense when you can get rid of Norstrom for their combined salary and get a great return.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2006, 11:39 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
I think it would send a message to the team and it would probably also garnish a very healthy return, but I think it is time for Matty Norstrom to get dealt. His defensive zone coverage was very good before the lockout but he hasn't been very good this year.

Being that he is the captain of the team as well as a so called number 1 shutdown defenseman, we could probably get back a really good young defenseman, a good forward prospect, and a pick.

The young defenseman can learn plenty from Blake and Miller. Plus, with the possibility of Jack MF Johnson showing up either this year or maybe next, that will fill another top 4 role.

All this talk of Visnovsky and Conroy getting dealt doesn't make a ton of sense when you can get rid of Norstrom for their combined salary and get a great return.
Im not a Norstrom fan. And I feel like you are about to get ripped up for knocking on him . But I agree with you. My look on it is, I dont want to get rid of Visnovsky hes my favorite King right now and hes still young. But Conroy , Miller , Norstrom are so old . I use to like Norstrom when the Kings had the Old Chevy Logo he was solid as can be back then.

Old
11-05-2006, 12:22 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I keep saying it, you keep not believing it... when they signed Matti Norstrom to that bloated extension last season, they effectively lost many potential buyers come trade time. They will have to eat a portion of his contract, or like they did with T-vo, acquire in return some overpriced treestump.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:26 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
I keep saying it, you keep not believing it... when they signed Matti Norstrom to that bloated extension last season, they effectively lost many potential buyers come trade time. They will have to eat a portion of his contract, or like they did with T-vo, acquire in return some overpriced treestump.

Maybe he is too expensive, but he would've gotten that amount had he gone to FA. It was essentially a choice between letting him walk and paying him what the market dictated.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Maybe he is too expensive, but he would've gotten that amount had he gone to FA. It was essentially a choice between letting him walk and paying him what the market dictated.
Exactly.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:38 AM
nikolai19

I would not mind to pay someone else who is overpaid for a year if you can get a solid prospect in return with it.

His value is higher than Miller or Conroy. It would be dumb to see Visnovsky get moved, and Blake is not getting dealt. Therefore it only makes sense to move Norstrom. A defensive prospect, a young forward, and an aging contract is fine, it will help in the longrun.

nikolai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:52 AM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
I absolutely thought the same thing about Willsie tonight. He doesn't seem to contribute anything, but if he is Kopitar's roommate he may be worth keeping around.

Too many 3rd & 4th line players on this team.

dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Sopel got nailed by(can't remember) late in the second. He got up slowly.

11-05-2006, 01:25 AM
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stauber View Post

* Thornton finally played a good game. He needs to be much more consistent.
What? I say again.... WHAT?

A three on 1 and he KEEPS the puck. Slow, Luc Robitaille like Thornton has two FINISHERS trailing him and he fades to his left to get a better shot instead of dishing it to two guys who actually CAN finish???????

He is a wasted roster space - His plus/minus sucks, he can't score, he can't skate, he can't shoot and we have him for another year???

I pray to the hockey gods that some dumb team actaully wants a "character guy" - Hey, even the Ducks took 40 year old Thomas.

He flat out stinks

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:39 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post
What? I say again.... WHAT?

A three on 1 and he KEEPS the puck. Slow, Luc Robitaille like Thornton has two FINISHERS trailing him and he fades to his left to get a better shot instead of dishing it to two guys who actually CAN finish???????

He is a wasted roster space - His plus/minus sucks, he can't score, he can't skate, he can't shoot and we have him for another year???

I pray to the hockey gods that some dumb team actaully wants a "character guy" - Hey, even the Ducks took 40 year old Thomas.

He flat out stinks
I agree. Thornton use to be tough as nails and smarter dont know what hes trying to do but hes not even phyical anymore. Alot of people are down on Willsie..Even though he isnt produceing the guy is doing alot of great things in the defensive end and his potential for the up coming years when he actually has someone other then Armstrong and Ivannans to play with is going to be cool!

Old
11-05-2006, 01:57 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:

Okay time to go to LGK and watch Marriages fall apart and people cry.
Norstrom and Miller were on the ice for 3 of Phoenix's goals, two of which were on the power play. Neither of them looked great on Doan's 1st goal, I've got no problem in saying that. But you also failed to mention both of them had two assists and finished the night +1. At least they created offense to make up for their mistakes, something Sopel didn't do before getting hurt. Why aren't you bashing Tverdovsky for being a -3? He's another defenseman that's supposed to create offense.

danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 01:58 AM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Yow. I'm in complete agreement with CBGB and RAF9 - not something I can say every day.
I applauded the "character" Thornton signing when it happened but have been dissapointed at every single turn since the season started save for his late game scrap / back up of teammate Avery earlier this season.
The guy personifies the "old NHL" so much, you'd think he was wearing a Flyers jersey.

Also, the young forwards corps played well tonight - the veteran defensive corps did not.

And another thing - I admit that I thought that our goaltending tandem had the potential to be as good as Fernandez/Roloson was for the Wild. I was wrong. Violently wrong.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
And another thing - I admit that I thought that our goaltending tandem had the potential to be as good as Fernandez/Roloson was for the Wild. I was wrong. Violently wrong.
And now you're just violently ill(like the rest of us)

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote