Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How's Hannu these days

Old
11-05-2006, 07:15 AM
lostbruinfan*

vCash: 500
How's Hannu these days

A nice come from behind win last night for the B's, no thanks to their "goalie of the future" Mr. 54. Does 54 stand for his GAA or Save%. For all of you on this board that just love this guy here's a thought. Toronto beat Buffalo last night 4-1. Some guy named Raycroft that Glorydaze and RD34 couldn't run out of town fast enough got the W. How's that deal working out for Boston. You trade a proven goaltender for a prospect. Great move. Way to go Razor, see you thursday in Boston too bad I can't be there in person.

lostbruinfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:48 AM
BostonHockey33

Send a message via AIM to BostonHockey33
hindsight is 20/20...last year when raycroft was struggling and hannu was doing fantastic it was pretty obvious who to keep...raycroft wanted to be traded...he wanted to play for toronto...there was no way anyone was going to keep him in boston...im glad hes doing well, im a big raycroft fan but im glad hes in toronto

BostonHockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 08:52 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbruinfan View Post
A nice come from behind win last night for the B's, no thanks to their "goalie of the future" Mr. 54. Does 54 stand for his GAA or Save%. For all of you on this board that just love this guy here's a thought. Toronto beat Buffalo last night 4-1. Some guy named Raycroft that Glorydaze and RD34 couldn't run out of town fast enough got the W. How's that deal working out for Boston. You trade a proven goaltender for a prospect. Great move. Way to go Razor, see you thursday in Boston too bad I can't be there in person.

I love how these posts come around after Toronto wins, but no one wants to talk Raycroft after he gives up 7 goals to ottawa. Tim Thomas is playing as well as Raycroft is for less than half the money. Add to that a legit #1 goalie prospect in Rask and you will find very few people pining away for the return of Raycroft, no matter how poorly Hannu plays.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
I agree with your choice of user name.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 10:07 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
exactly.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 10:10 AM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
very much so.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Quote:
So you're rooting your argument based on 11 games. If 11 games are an accurate representation of an entire season, then Brian Savage aka Mr. October is the all-time goal scoring champ right? You certainly are lost my friend.

Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Bruinator

Quote:
The only thing proven about Rycroft last year was that he was terrible. End of Story. I have seen Raycroft this year and quite honestly, I would still trade him for Rask right now if he was still in Boston playing at his current level. We'll revisit this trade in acouple of season's, maybe even as soon as next season when Rask comes over. Rask is not just "a prospect". He is the #1 goalie prospect and top 3 overall prospect in the world. As far as Hannu goes, if Raycroft can supposedly turn his game around after an entire season of being the worst goalie in the NHL, why the hell can't Hannu after just a couple of bad games?

Bruinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 11:01 AM
NHRonin

Quote:
This guy has been nothing but Mr. Pessimist on the ESPN boards. Not happy to see him over here now. At least we have mods here who won't put up with what they do at ESPN.

NHRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Cheesy

Quote:
I wish he'd get lost again and save us all the pain of reading his posts.

Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:51 AM
lostbruinfan*

Please stop with the pessimist nonsense. No one answered my question, what do the B's do now that they have NO goaltenders in their organization at THIS moment? Make another trade to get one and give up good prospects because MOST teams don't just give away goalies. A poor decision made by Gorton (I assume he had PC's approval) on this. Unless of course their plan was to basically tank the season get another high draft pick and rebuild the team( I'm not against that thought).

Old
11-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Maybe Hannu should change his number? Worked for Savard

11-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Please stop with the pessimist nonsense. No one answered my question, what do the B's do now that they have NO goaltenders in their organization at THIS moment? Make another trade to get one and give up good prospects because MOST teams don't just give away goalies. A poor decision made by Gorton (I assume he had PC's approval) on this. Unless of course their plan was to basically tank the season get another high draft pick and rebuild the team( I'm not against that thought).
First of all your so-called question is not a good one. You ask what should the B’s do since they have no goaltenders in their organization. Well they do have goaltenders one of whom (Tim Thomas) has a .899% save percentage vs. Racroft’s .904%. Not much difference if you ask me. One low scoring game and Timmay can pass him. Second when you say "in the organization", well what about Rask and Hannu? Last I knew they were both still in the organization and both still very young and both still have a lot of potential. There are also a few goalies down with the baby B’s. So I guess I am still a little confussed as to how the Bruins have no goaltenders iin their organization. Maybe if you ask better quetsions you will get some answers.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 08:09 AM
The Vibesman

Quote:
Please stop with the pessimist nonsense. No one answered my question, what do the B's do now that they have NO goaltenders in their organization at THIS moment?
I can say what they won't do; they won't PANIC because they actually have TWO goaltenders in the organization, and that is true no matter how many CAPITAL LETTERS you use in your post.

I like Raycroft too, but he is not playing so incredible that he would have been saving this team night after night. If Thomas had given up exactly a whomping TWO less goals this season, he and Rayzor would have pretty much the same GAA and Sv%. Raycroft has played more games, but perhaps that has helped him get into a groove that Thomas hasn't had the chance to settle into.

Granted, that may have led to a point against Montreal and two against Buffalo, but you get my point, as well.

The Vibesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 09:52 AM
SToMper!

Quote:
Yeah....it is too bad. I agree with running him out of town as fast if not faster than anybody! How's the deal working out? If you had the friggin' patience to let all the pieces come together you may find it wasn't such a bad deal. But patience is what's needed.... OK foundrayzorfan?

SToMper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Boston Bruno

OMG! We do not have Raycroft? There goes the STANLEY CUP..

Boston Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
DarrenBanks56

raycroft would be no better. hes been either really good or really bad this year for the leafs. The only thing he is good at is stoping the breakaway. We could use him in shootouts.
As for Toivonen. I just think he needs time, and has to stop trying to look fancy making these saves. Against tampa, the first goal should have never happened, but he kicked the a fat rebound right into the slot. That was a bad goal.
Second and third goal, he really had no chance. But the 4th and 5th goals were also bad goals that shouldve been stopped.

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:54 AM
lostbruinfan*

Hey Scotto, Stats are for losers. Razor has a winning record and Thomas doesn't. Rask may as well be on Mars,he is not helping this team. Hannu? are you serious this guy is a stiff.

Old
11-07-2006, 09:00 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Hey Scotto, Stats are for losers. Razor has a winning record and Thomas doesn't. Rask may as well be on Mars,he is not helping this team. Hannu? are you serious this guy is a stiff.
Are you serious when you say Stats are for losers and back that up with who has a better record. Last I knew win/loss record was a stat. Very nice of you to admit you are a stat loser like me

Old
11-07-2006, 09:02 AM
lostbruinfan*

Buddy Wins and Loses are the ONLY stat that matters.

Old
11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Good point but last time I watched a game there was more than one person per TEAM. So are you saying that the B's should never consider getting someone like Gagne from Philly because he (his team) has a losing record? I would love to see a GM who would only take players if their team had a winning record. Don't think he would last to long what do you think.

Old
11-07-2006, 09:12 AM
earthstar

Quote:
Unfortunately, wins and losses are a team stat and are not a true indication of how well a goalie is playing, but how well the team in front of him is playing.

earthstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthstar View Post
Unfortunately, wins and losses are a team stat and are not a true indication of how well a goalie is playing, but how well the team in front of him is playing.
I could not agree more. If you go by the logic of lostbruinfan then Roberto Luongo is a stiff. Look at this record he has only had one count them one season in the NHL that he posted more wins then losses. I think I would take him over any goalie the B's or the Leaf's currently have.

Old
11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Twist and Shout

Holy ****. Can you stop *****ing about my boy?

Hannu hasn't been good this season. He knows that more than anyone. Lewis' coaching staff seem to have tried changing Hannu's style in net. I've watched several B's games this season on Center Ice and he looks so uncomfortable out there. It's like Lewis said, "You have to challenge the shooter on every shot or I will sit you". That's not his game and it never will be. His game is relying on his reflexes to get in the groove and then challenging the shooter when he feels he has to. He's not going to get in the groove by sitting for three games after having a bad game.

Who's the B's goalie coach? He needs to tell him to just play his game, what he's always done. Obviously there are a few parts of Hannu's game that need tweaking, but you can't tell a 22 year old goalie to change the way he faces a shot.

Also, what's with Lewis' love affair of Thomas?

Some of you guys really need to open your eyes to the real problems, and not **** on individual players, especially players who will have All-Star careers regardless of whether they continue wearing the Spoked-B or the jersey of another NHL team.

Twist and Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:57 AM
dharmaboy

Hey Guys,
Oilerfan here and yes Ironic as it is I like the Bruins as well. I watched the hi-lights from last nights game and the B's gave up too many shots in the slot to a team like Atlanta who is offence is equivilant to Jesse Ventura in Predator when he had the gatty-gun.

Most guys in that league are just too quick to be allowed time to wind up like that.

Sure Thomas hasn't been super solid but last year he was fighting for a spot, and so was Hannu. maybe they need a conditioning stint.

dharmaboy is offline   Reply With Quote