HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Pred Stats

Old
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
Pred Stats

thought this might interest some;

trying to exactly numerically quantify how each line is doing is difficult, what with the constant line changes early.. but a person can make some generalizations with numbers here to demonstrate a few things, using the fact that kariya/arnott, dumont/sully, leggy/harts, and toots/smith have been primarily paired for the majority of the games with shuffling of the 3rd member of each of these lines..

in general we're seeing something like this for the 30 goals scored and 23 goals allowed even strength (non empty-netters);

1) kariya-arnott/vas-erat line... on ice for 12 goals scored, 10 goals allowed
2)sully-dumont-fids/vas line..on ice for 11 goals scored, 5 goals allowed
3)hartnell-leggy-rads/upshall line.. on ice for 7 goals scored, 3 goals allowed
4)hordy-smithson/nichol-toots line.. on ice for 0 goals scored, 5 goals allowed

this is fairly close to what has happened even strength (i've used when any two of these guys were on ice when a goal was scored/allowed to 'credit' that line with being on ice, and there are times when some strange combo's were on ice and i've had to 'force' the goal scored/allowed onto one of the lines {for example, a kariya/vasicek/nichol combo once}, but in general, this is about what we've seen)

kind of mentally confirms some of the things i think i've been seeing... shows some excellent balance between the three scoring lines.. shows that the '3rd' line has been scoring less but giving up less than the others, and that the '1st' group is the opposite, that we're seeing more goals scored with this unit on ice, but a few more given up as well... and that the 4th line is struggling, i believe primarily because we're on the road so much and teams are taking advantage of matchups (should be different when we play more at home).. it really does paint the whole balance of our top lines though, and how all are contributing, and why +/- are roughly like we see them

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
or to carry that breakdown of even strength goals scored versus goals allowed a little deeper, you could simply list which center was on ice for each of the 31 goals es goals for and 25 es goals allowed (both numbers counting empty netters) to show tendancies of what is happening with each center on the ice, since we have mixed and matched forwards and lines so often (showing only when they are acting centermen and not as forwards);

arnott.. on ice for 15 goals scored,9 goals allowed
fiddler.. on ice for 6 goals scored, 2 goals allowed
legwand.. on ice for 8 goals scored, 3 goals allowed
vasicek.. on ice for 1 goal scored, 4 goals allowed
smithson.. on ice for 0 goals scored, 4 goals allowed
nichol... on ice for 1 goal scored, 3 goals allowed

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote