HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

untried line combo?

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 12:52 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
untried line combo?

just a thought...

i wasn't able to watch the game (or any other game for that matter =P). how did the hlavac-nedved-carter line play? they got on the score sheet but because of rosie's play and line, i'm not seeing articles mention how they did.

anyways, the untried line combo i had in mind is
hlavac-nedved-lindros

i have no idea if it'll work but lindros should be able to make room for those two.

carter-lundmark-ortmeyer would be the fourth line. they should be able to get 12 min. a game (not saying they would)

if not hlavac-nedved-lundmark and carter-lindros-ortmeyer but i somehow link the former set. sit d-lac for pete's sake!

Old
11-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Rodent

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
janyways, the untried line combo i had in mind is
hlavac-nedved-lindros
Crazy as it sounds on paper, I was thinking the very same thing this morning based upon the success that Rucinsky was having with Holik and Kovalev.

So I figure, "okay, that HOlik threesome is working (at least for now) let's not mess with it."

Messier has his bookends and you don't want to touch that, either.

The center who is not delivering is Nedved and that's because he just hasn't any room to maneuver. While on paper you would think that Big E's style and Nedved's style won't mesh, the plain fact is that Eric hasn't really meshed anywhere. Not even with Marty. So sure, give this line a try because it couldn't be any worse.

This arrangement forces Holik to be more offense than defense. But if Lindros does move to the RW, Pascal Rheaume might eventually become the designated checking center when he returns. Rheaume may not spin heads when he's mentioned. But he plays a very smart game and he has this knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Will Eric work with Petr and Jan?

I haven't a clue. But it did make me smile to read your idea because it kind of defaults to that trio when you mate up everyone else and see what's left over.

Old
11-25-2003, 11:24 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

holik doesn't need to play more offensively. bobble head is smart. he knows that he just needs to play his game. doing so makes room for his linemates. Playing offensively happens at the other end of the ice so he just plays like he plays and all will be well.

i forgot about pascal. he'll need some reconditioning time though. it looks like lundmarks best option is to start playing left wing now. that or pull a tonya harding on one of the players.

Closed Thread