HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How would Vasicek fit in out system?

Old
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
lilooet*

vCash: 500
How would Vasicek fit in out system?

No, I don't want to be flamed, nor am I suggesting a deal for Vasicek. (Actually, I don't mind getting flamed if it leads to new and exciting friendships, like that time Charo had a fight with Doc on the Love Boat, but then they later became friends.)

I only ask because he's part of the juggling mix in Nashville at the moment. If they don't send Radulov back down, I think someone else must clear waivers (Radulov doesn't have to). Currently, he's a healthy scratch - though has not played terribly by any reports I've heard.

lilooet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Not interested. Forward depth isn't a problem at this point. It would be nice to be stronger up the middle, but Vasicek doesn't provide that.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:32 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
If Vasicek wasn't even able to get a sure spot on the Hurricanes roster last year, I don't think we need him. Don't misread: I do not intend to say that we're as good or even better than last year's Canes.

But Vasicek is the kind of soft slowpoke that you don't want on your team. Think of Dagenais with a bit of a better skating but no scoring touch. You get Vasicek.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
AD

He's a very soft, very lazy, big centre.

He's like Bonk without the defensive awareness or the checking ability...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:34 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilooet View Post
No, I don't want to be flamed, nor am I suggesting a deal for Vasicek. (Actually, I don't mind getting flamed if it leads to new and exciting friendships, like that time Charo had a fight with Doc on the Love Boat, but then they later became friends.)

I only ask because he's part of the juggling mix in Nashville at the moment. If they don't send Radulov back down, I think someone else must clear waivers (Radulov doesn't have to). Currently, he's a healthy scratch - though has not played terribly by any reports I've heard.
That might be the first Charo reference on hf boards, Kudos.

Canes fans were pretty rough on Vasicek late last year and weren't saddened when they dealt him. I wonder if his injuries have slowed him a bit ? When the Canes acquired guys like Whitney and Stillman, Staal matured, they started playing off the rush more than most teams while Vasicek was best suited to a cycle game.

2-3 years ago, he was the poster child for what the CH was looking for. Bonk's doing ok, and the need isn't as prominent as it once was, so...

More and more, I think the team's depth has improved to the point where we're looking to find an exceptional player rather than plug a hole.

btw,my wife and oldest were in the room when I read your post and wanted to know why I choked on that apple I was eating. My daughter laughed hysterically and my wife shook her head that way that she does.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 11:17 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Going thru customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
That might be the first Charo reference on hf boards, Kudos.

btw,my wife and oldest were in the room when I read your post and wanted to know why I choked on that apple I was eating. My daughter laughed hysterically and my wife shook her head that way that she does.
It's one thing to get flamed. It's another to get charred by Charo. She was at the top of her game during that Love Boat period.

Shouldn't be the last time she is mentioned. As long as the mcphees, GrosBills, and Expats are lurking...

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Sam I Am

I think Charo deserves her own thread. Sticky, anyone?

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:33 PM
AD

I love the picture where she's wearing nothing but a guitar...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
It's one thing to get flamed. It's another to get charred by Charo. She was at the top of her game during that Love Boat period.

Shouldn't be the last time she is mentioned. As long as the mcphees, GrosBills, and Expats are lurking...

coochie coochie coochie coo

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
terreur

Is Vasicek really that bad? I saw him play 3-4 times on TV and I'ev always tought he was ok.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Like Bonk, he's a player who could potentially fit in well with the more physicall players on the team. A guy like Steve Begin needs a calm center to complement him. Is Vasicek that guy? I don't know, like I said, he has the potential, he'd also come very cheap. There are better options though, maybe even within the organization.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:14 PM
ManiacCaniac

Big Joe is currently listed on the Preditor site as being on IR, not a healthy scratch. He was a big fan favorite when he was here in Carolina, but he just never bloomed. Best year was 03-04 wth 45 points. He spent most of last year on IR (Nov-April) and then came back to get 4 points in his first game back. That was it for the rest of the year. I think mgt just got tired of waiting for something to happen. Slow was his style. We all wanted to see him do well, but it never happened. When he went to Nasheville, there were mixed emotions from the fans. Considering how the trade for Walker worked out and what Joe is doing, the Canes definitely got the best end of the deal. Would we take him back? No. I think he's injury prone.

ManiacCaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Mike8

I liked Vasicek a lot a few years back, but he's regressed to the point that I would not take him for free.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 08:24 PM
tinyzombies

I agree with most people here: slow, lazy, not committed to winning. Perfect Gainey salvage project.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote