HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Eklund Rumer - 11-06-06

Old
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
erin07

vCash: 500
Regehr would be an excellent pick up not too flashy but exactly what we need,we just cant afford to overpay(no carter,richards or giroux)

erin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Hellfish View Post
I am getting a little nervous. I think the Flyers feel like they have to make a move. Because of that pressure, I am sure that we will be taken to the cleaners. When a trade happens , and it will, its gonna hurt, and hurt bad. I dont see us trading ourselves out of the trouble we are in, and chances are we will end up giving up more than we get back. Ugh
I just hope we make a better deal than Boston did when they traded Thornton. That deal set them back at least 5 years. I dont want to go that route.
The Thornton deal didn't set them back five years. Fact is that Bergeron and Boyes were really playing well. You could almost say that their play made Thornton expendible to get other parts the team needed - a mobile offensive defenseman, a winger to play with Boyes and Bergeron and a checking forward. Yeah, Boston probably could have gotten more, but they did come away with some really good players in Primeau, Sturm and Stuart. I don't understand how people think the Bruins were absolutely robbed in the deal.

The problem in Boston last year was much more than just Thornton and the likes. It was bad management and bad coaching. Give Chiarelli another year and he'll get it straightened out. Boston isn't five years away from being a serious contender again.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitkanenPower View Post
Sports radio is driven by the cross-section of people who call-in for discussion. Listening to sports radio across the country, it is fairly obvious that the significant majority of callers are of a more-casual sports fan than the in-depth folks you'll find around this message board.

It just so happens that football is by-and-large more popular than hockey, and hockey - when all is said and done - is far too complex of a game for a casual observer to understand enough to have an intelligent and entertaining conversation on a radio call-in show.
Exactly right.

But WIP still sucks.

I like Gargano though - at least he admits he's not a hockey guy.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:37 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Regehr is 26, which is the perfect age to get a defender. depending on his contractual status i would be willing to part with Umberger for him... not Carter.
agreed...umberger and a B/C level prospect (printz?)...def not carter though

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:01 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
agreed...umberger and a B/C level prospect (printz?)...def not carter though
Even if it's an overpay, I'd even drop in Calder who is good but has been a big bust for us. Regehr is worth it - the guy is solid, and young. They need scoring help so spice up the deal with Calder instead of a prospect and I'd still do it. That will, god forbid, drop Hatcher or Rathje to a lower pairing, and doesn't really kill our 'youth.'

We may have to pick up a bit of a dump in return but that's alright with me (not like I'm paying ).

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:14 PM
thedjpd

I also think we should make a run at Brewer, as per the trade rumors board (not that I believe any of it, but coudln't hurt to speculate).

Pitkanen-Regehr
Brewer-Meyer/Jonsson
Meyer/Jonsson/Picard-Hatcher/Rathje

Waive one of Hatcher/Rathje.

Old
11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Flyers_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
Even if it's an overpay, I'd even drop in Calder who is good but has been a big bust for us. Regehr is worth it - the guy is solid, and young. They need scoring help so spice up the deal with Calder instead of a prospect and I'd still do it. That will, god forbid, drop Hatcher or Rathje to a lower pairing, and doesn't really kill our 'youth.'

We may have to pick up a bit of a dump in return but that's alright with me (not like I'm paying ).
We need to find out why young scorers that we trade for don't workout for the Flyers. Comrie is an excellent example .. 30 goal scorer .. except for the 20 or so games we had him he did nothing.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:06 PM
glovesave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
1. Regehr committs to a check.
2. Puck squirts free.
3. Pitkanen pinches.
4. Pitkanen turns over the puck.
5. Skater breaks away, leaving the two behind, and scores.

Sounds about right.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Anyone see Pitkanen's game tonight?

glovesave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 11:56 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Umberger for Regehr in a heart beat.
Totally Agree Also. Good for both teams as well.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:06 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I also think we should make a run at Brewer, as per the trade rumors board (not that I believe any of it, but coudln't hurt to speculate).

Pitkanen-Regehr
Brewer-Meyer/Jonsson
Meyer/Jonsson/Picard-Hatcher/Rathje

Waive one of Hatcher/Rathje.
Its nice to see that other Flyer fans see the need is mainly Defense. Anything is better than nothing right now and we are just slowly sliding into the ditch the way we sit right now. COME ON ED SNIDER MAKE A MOVE. Anyone know ED SNIDERS EMAIL address????????

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 07:49 AM
Kaktus*

Regehr will cost a lot. I think way more then Umberger.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Hammerwise

Umberger and Rathje for Regehr and salary dump (amonte?)

Calgary is close to cap, but need a stay at home defender. Rathje is still well-liked out west but money and yrs on contract tough.

Regehr is having a poor year by his standards and both teams need a shake up.

What calgary really needs is forsberg, but the deal would have to be 5-6 players large to fit salary cap wise. Something like:

Forsberg
Umberger
Meyer or Baumgartner

for

Regehr
Huselius
salary dump (Amonte or McCarty?)

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
All this talk about Calgary is alright, but there really isn't anyone there that I really would like to see in Philly besides Phaneuf (I can dream) and maybe Regehr (best value-to-need ratio trade-bait on the Flames).

As an aside, and for what it's worth, I was at the game last night outside on a cell-phone and I saw Brian Burke and another guy in a suit (scout? assistant GM?) walk past and into the arena. Not gonna speculate at all, and maybe he's just here early for the GM meetings this week, but he was at the game. That's all I'm saying. Thought you would like to know.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Flyers_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerwise View Post

Calgary is close to cap, but need a stay at home defender. Rathje is still well-liked out west but money and yrs on contract tough.

What calgary really needs is forsberg, but the deal would have to be 5-6 players large to fit salary cap wise. Something like:

Forsberg
Umberger
Meyer or Baumgartner

for

Regehr
Huselius

Why would the Flyers make the deal larger and take on more deadweight salary just so Calgary can have Forsberg? The whole purpose of your expansion is to see how bad the Flames can screw Philly for Forsberg.

Flyers_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers_01 View Post
Why would the Flyers make the deal larger and take on more deadweight salary just so Calgary can have Forsberg? The whole purpose of your expansion is to see how bad the Flames can screw Philly for Forsberg.
You can only 'screw' another team if you dont' really want what they have - Forsberg is a perfect fit for the flames, thus it will b e hard for them to pry him away from us. Plus, he has a NTC and may not want to go. Calgary is struggling and if they want to make a change like us, they can't screw anybody. Every deal will be tough.

Old
11-07-2006, 10:54 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Regehr is 26, which is the perfect age to get a defender. depending on his contractual status i would be willing to part with Umberger for him... not Carter.
I actually think I would do this trade as well, although with Carter hurt not sure now.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 02:10 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerwise View Post

Forsberg
Umberger
Meyer or Baumgartner

for

Regehr
Huselius

If we are (still) really sucking it up in January or February and Carter is healthy, I would do that trade. I'd include Meyer, and hopefully get back McCarty and a pick.

To Calgary:
Forsberg
Umberger
Meyer

To Philly:
Regehr
Huselius
McCarty
2nd or 3rd 2007

I'd hate to trade Forsberg, but I am sure Calgary would love to have him if they are back in a playoff race. Regehr is signed until 2008 at $1.9 million, correct? We'd have to work get him re-signed next year, and I am sure he would net an extensive raise. I like Freddy Meyer, but I don't think there is any chance Calgary would take Baumgartner in a dea in which they give up Regehr. Meyer would be one more good young defenseman for the Flames, who seem (like the Predators) to be rich in them, and Umberger would be very popular there. Huselius might benefit from a change in scenery in Philadelphia, but would become a major whipping boy if he does not produce (Kyle Calder 2.0?). Darren McCarty may be pretty much done (still no points this season?), but it wouldn't hurt to add veteran presence for the young guys. Would Forsberg want to go to Calgary? There are a ton of ifs here.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 05:29 AM
penguinonapole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
If we are (still) really sucking it up in January or February and Carter is healthy, I would do that trade. I'd include Meyer, and hopefully get back McCarty and a pick.

To Calgary:
Forsberg
Umberger
Meyer

To Philly:
Regehr
Huselius
McCarty
2nd or 3rd 2007

I'd hate to trade Forsberg, but I am sure Calgary would love to have him if they are back in a playoff race. Regehr is signed until 2008 at $1.9 million, correct? We'd have to work get him re-signed next year, and I am sure he would net an extensive raise. I like Freddy Meyer, but I don't think there is any chance Calgary would take Baumgartner in a dea in which they give up Regehr. Meyer would be one more good young defenseman for the Flames, who seem (like the Predators) to be rich in them, and Umberger would be very popular there. Huselius might benefit from a change in scenery in Philadelphia, but would become a major whipping boy if he does not produce (Kyle Calder 2.0?). Darren McCarty may be pretty much done (still no points this season?), but it wouldn't hurt to add veteran presence for the young guys. Would Forsberg want to go to Calgary? There are a ton of ifs here.
This trade is Terrible!

Just put Forsberg and meyer for regehr plus a prospect or a 2nd than you have a more fair deal. Although I think for Forsberg alone, we can get a much better deal from other teams. Mccarty and Huselius have barely any trade value, It is no wear near the value of umberger. That offer is just brutal to the Flyers. Huselius is what 28? and proved nothing in his career besides inconsistency. Umberger is 24, and worth alot more in terms of value. Mccarty is done, i dont think he has much value at all, other than leadership on a team contending for the play-offs. We do not need him. If we were to trade Umberger, just as if we were to trade forsberg we can get much more value.

Last edited by penguinonapole: 11-08-2006 at 05:47 AM.
penguinonapole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 05:33 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

To Calgary:
Forsberg
Umberger
Meyer

To Philly:
Regehr
Huselius
McCarty
2nd or 3rd 2007

That is such a brutal proposal, McCarty? jeez. Change him to Kobasew and add a prospect then it's somewhat even for the flyers.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Hammerwise

In reality the deal of

To Calgary:
Forsberg
Meyer

To Philly:
Regehr
Huselius
McCarty

would be doable now as it fits cap wise and if CALG can't remedy their offense, this deal would be moot by the deadline. Does mccarty or never-a-care Huselius help Philly now or later: no, but they were included for cap reasons.

It really comes down to regehr for forsberg, both team create a major gap by filling another major gap. The reason this deal isn't just that simple is the cap.

Is it a good deal? Depends on how much you like regehr and whether you think Philly could stage a dramatic turnaround w/out forsberg.

(Im think you get more at deadline, but like I said, CALG might be done by then.)

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Steve L*

I have no interest in Huselius or McCarty, none at all. Theyre the type of players that you pick up as an UFA if you have to.

We need a D man or two and younger players with some upside.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Guys, I'm sorry, but if we're trading Regehr, I'm sure there's better options out there than Umberger.

We'd giving up one of the best young, inexpensive top talents on the blueline, whose also an Olympian to boot. I think Sutter would be looking elsewhere if he couldn't land one of Carter/Richards and then Giroux for Regehr.

I think it'd be only fair to expect Jeff Carter, or someone of equal potential, in return.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 06:43 AM
mercury

Sorry to upset the apple cart. My reasoning was that, as you can see, Flames fans REALLY don't want to trade Regehr, and I would want him on our team going forward. Besides, Forsberg is a UFA at the end of the season, and I'd want to bring him back if he's healthy and he wants to stay in North America. Hopefully, the ship will be righted this offseason. He may be worth a lot more approaching the trade deadline, though, as teams will want to try to put themselves over the top.

hammerwise, it would be silly to expect Carter in return. He's been less than stellar this year, but Umberger is as far as I would go.

Also, in retrospect, Meyer should not be in that deal. I agree we are giving up enough already. I have not slept in more than a day.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

I'm sorry, but I think you guys are seriously undervaluing Regehr here.

If Leopold netted Tanguay, I'm sure a Regehr trade could fetch more than that. Regehr is arguably the better defenceman of the two.

Tanguay >>> Umberger.

All things considered, if Regehr is > than Leopold, and Tanguay is > than Umberger, why would Regehr be traded for a return less than Tanguay?

Some of guys need to realize that you're not offering enough here.

It'd be similar to me proposing Matthew Lombardi and oh, let's say, Kris Chucko for Joni Pitkanen. It's simply undervaluing Pitkanen severly. It just wouldn't fly.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:20 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXFlyers View Post
There is another problem right there, WIP is talking about the Flyers. God forbid they stop talking 24-7-365 about the wonderful Eagles.
Correct, how is that station still going? You would think the Flyers don't sell any tickets with the way degrade Hockey. They act like people aren't interested in Hockey but when somebody gets a Hockey call through, they change the subject because they don't know a damn thing about Hockey. It shouldn't be called sports talk if they don't cover Hockey in Philly. Damn I can't stand them idiots.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote