HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Clarke and Jackman recalled/Armstrongand Cowan on IR

Old
11-06-2006, 09:03 PM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
Clarke and Jackman recalled/Armstrong and Cowan on IR

Quote:
LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have recalled left wing Noah Clarke and right wing Tim Jackman from the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League and placed center Derek Armstrong (clavicular contusion, retroactive to November 5) and left wing Jeff Cowan (chest injury, retroactive to October 31) on the injured reserve, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.

Clarke, 27, has nine points (5-4=9), four power play goals and zero penalty minutes in nine games with the Monarchs this season. The 5-9, 185-pound native of La Verne, California, has not appeared in a game with the Kings this season. Originally selected by the Kings in the ninth-round (250th overall) in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, Clarke has one point (0-1=1) and zero penalty minutes in seven career NHL games all with the Kings. He wears jersey number 25.

Jackman, 24, has three points (2-1=3), two power play goals and 22 penalty minutes in nine games with the Monarchs this season. The 6-4, 210-pound native of Minot, North Dakota, has not appeared in a game with the Kings this season. Originally selected by Columbus in the second-round (38th overall) in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft, Jackman has three point (1-2=3) and 37 penalty minutes in 27 career NHL games with Columbus and Phoenix. The Kings acquired Jackman from Phoenix for center Yanick Lehoux on March 9, 2006. He wears jersey number 43.

Armstrong, 33, has eight points (2-6=8) and 21 penalty minutes in 16 games with the Kings this season. The 6-0, 190-pound native of Ottawa, Ontario, was injured during the Kings-Phoenix game on November 4. Originally selected by the New York Islanders in the sixth-round (128th overall) in the 1992 NHL Entry Draft, Armstrong has 141 points (50-91=141) and 186 penalty minutes in 287 career NHL games with the Kings, the New York Rangers, Ottawa and the Islanders.

Cowan, 30, has zero points and 12 penalty minutes in eight games with the Kings this season. The 6-2, 205-pound native of Scarborough, Ontario, was injured during the Kings-Rangers game on October 30. Originally signed as an unrestricted free agent by Calgary in 1995, Cowan has 68 points (40-28=68) and 472 penalty minutes in 312 career NHL games with the Kings, Atlanta and Calgary.

The Kings will conclude a two-game road trip with a game at Colorado on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. (PT). The contest will air on FSN Prime Ticket, KTLK AM 1150 and along the Kings Radio Network.

Link to this story at http://www.lakings.com/2,5039.ftm

Last edited by RightKinger: 11-07-2006 at 04:57 PM.
RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I would have rather seen Tukonen called up over Clarke

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
CBGB

Wow!

Fricken Wow.

All the Kings have to offer is Noah "Craig Johnson" Clarke and a scrub named Jackman.

Wow.

Dean did absolutley NOTHING to bring in some talent to Manchester.

The Kings are dreadful....

...wait....

...what am I compalining about?

YAY!!!!

GREAT MOVE!!!!!

Last place here we come!!!!

CBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 11:06 PM
LombardiTool

THe guys they called up probably wont play... maybe 1 game. They dont want to call up any young kid to sit in the seats when they could be down in Manchester playing a ton. Good call ups by Deano.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGB View Post

...wait....

...what am I compalining about?

YAY!!!!

GREAT MOVE!!!!!

Last place here we come!!!!
Don't be so excited....this year's draft is really thin.

Old
11-06-2006, 11:18 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
I don't think it's the draft so much as the Kings failing that excites him.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
THe guys they called up probably wont play... maybe 1 game. They dont want to call up any young kid to sit in the seats when they could be down in Manchester playing a ton. Good call ups by Deano.
Armstrong had played every game so far this season. O'Sullivan got sent down. So that doesn't leave much. Considering Dallman at Center that leaves, Ivanans Jackman Clarke and Weaver.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 12:57 AM
Rob Stauber*

If we're not even gonna give Pushkarev a chance, why not just get rid of him already ? This is ridicolous.

Rob Stauber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:02 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
No reason to call up a Tukonen or Pushkarev only for one game, in which they would probably get very few minutes. One can albeit guarantee we will see them before the end of the season.

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post
No reason to call up a Tukonen or Pushkarev only for one game, in which they would probably get very few minutes. One can albeit guarantee we will see them before the end of the season.

Thats the whole problem with this franchise.

I agree Tukonen should not be called up, let him develop. But is Pushkarev getting any better ? Let's see what he can do.

He's only played one game with the big club in his career but he looked decent. (better than willsie looks now)

A guy with a skill level like that, even though some might question his decision making, is the kinda guy who may be able to mesh with Kopitar.

Sometimes I think Kopitar is out there thinking to himself my linemates are helpless. Let's see what Pushy can do and this is a good time to see.

And if he doesn't pan out, then get rid of him.

Rob Stauber* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I don't think it's the draft so much as the Kings failing that excites him.
Naw, it's a suckers bet he made with a few off us over on LGK that has him giddy about this. I have to start pricing scotch I think

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Shootmaster_44

I notice that Ebel is long forgotten with Noah Clarke getting his number instead of his 28 from training camp. Also, Tim Jackman didn't take O'Sullivan's number 12 that he wore in training camp.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
FuTMaR*

Tverdosky is 28

FuTMaR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:06 AM
the_nole

hijacking thread: who's the prize (1st overall) at this years draft?

the_nole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_nole View Post
hijacking thread: who's the prize (1st overall) at this years draft?
Most likely Angelo Esposito or Jakub Voracek.

Nice avatar, BTW

Old
11-07-2006, 02:34 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Stauber View Post
Thats the whole problem with this franchise.

I agree Tukonen should not be called up, let him develop. But is Pushkarev getting any better ? Let's see what he can do.

He's only played one game with the big club in his career but he looked decent. (better than willsie looks now)

A guy with a skill level like that, even though some might question his decision making, is the kinda guy who may be able to mesh with Kopitar.

Sometimes I think Kopitar is out there thinking to himself my linemates are helpless. Let's see what Pushy can do and this is a good time to see.

And if he doesn't pan out, then get rid of him.
Problem with both of them is both are top 6 and require top 6 time, neither are that skilled or talented. O'Sullivan wasn't talented enough which sure as hell shows those two would not cut it either. Tukonen would be more plausible because he is better suited for 2-3rd line; Pushkarev and Tukonen can barely put up points in AHL or goals and you think they will/would flourish in the NHL? How about they prove something in AHL before being brought up to NHL.
In regards to the Willsie, I am sure those two are more skilled but there is a lot more then just skill to the game. Willsie fits better in what he is doing or supposed to do then either of them would/could. Also I agree that it would be nice or awesome to see vets leave and go full re-build and let youth play, but I think DL still thinks we can salvage this year. Both him and Crawford obviously are trying to do as much as they can this year, so can not put out a team to lose. If DL wanted to full rebuild, he would not of gone out and signed/traded for Willsie, Thornton, McCauley, Blake, Cloutier (Please no jokes here).

AnThGrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:09 AM
King Blazer

I always find it somewhat entertaining to read some of the responses when players are called up to the Kings...

Clarke was one of the last players sent out of the Kings camp this season. He's been the Monarchs best player so far this year in all situations. He's been seeing a lot of time at center thus adding another dimension to his game. He spent the entire lockout season skating on the Monarchs second line with Kostopoulos. He and TK were a decent combination that season. I hope Crawford finds a way to get Noah and TK together for a few shifts...

Jackman is a larger forward with good all around skills and he plays a physical game. He's responsible at all ends of the ice. Granted he's only played in 27 NHL games but at least he's done it...

Given who the Kings needed to replace in the lineup, Clarke and Jackman both make a lot of sense.

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:43 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Personally, even though he's been underwhelming and selfish, I'd love to see Pushkarev and Kopitar on a line.

With Pushkarev's selfishness and Kopitar's unselfishness, they could learn a lot from each other, in my opinion.

But I understand Clarke suits the role better, and he's been the best Monarch.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:29 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
The real fervent hope is that Armstrong's clavicle requires a very delicate transplant which can only be performed in the nether regions of Zambia, and that there are visa problems that complicate his return to the states after six to seven months of recovery.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
The real fervent hope is that Armstrong's clavicle requires a very delicate transplant which can only be performed in the nether regions of Zambia, and that there are visa problems that complicate his return to the states after six to seven months of recovery.
Why don't we just send him to the island of Dr. Moreau?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt View Post

Even if it's one game, even it's one shift it gives them a taste and lets them know that hard work will be rewarded.

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 11:17 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
Even if it's one game, even it's one shift it gives them a taste and lets them know that hard work will be rewarded.
That's malarkey. One game, a taste - that's teasing, not rewarding. Giuliano was rewarded last season for his hard work and you guys couldn't stand him. Pushy or Tuk goes up and doesn't get a point a game, you guys will be bad-mouthing them for months. Clarke and Jackman will be fine call-ups for what they will be asked to do, and Pushkarev and Tukonen (and the Monarchs) won't have their lives turned upside down for a "a taste" that won't amount to anything.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 11:27 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
I've heard this years draft is not so much thin as it is void of potential superstar (crobsy, ovechkin) type talent. There are players all through the first round that have similar skill levels vs. previous drafts in which the top end talent far superceeded the mid and late round talent.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Dare I say it; Tim Jackman is going to be the new John Tripp.

I wonder if Derek Armstrong is good friends with Len Barrie. Somehow journeyman minor leaguers find a regular roster spot with the Kings...

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
I've heard this years draft is not so much thin as it is void of potential superstar (crobsy, ovechkin) type talent. There are players all through the first round that have similar skill levels vs. previous drafts in which the top end talent far superceeded the mid and late round talent.
Well, I think the point of rooting to finish last or near last is to acquire that Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin -type player. We might as well fight for a playoff spot and draft 11th again, if what you say is true.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote