HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa or Orr on the 4th Line?

View Poll Results: Hossa, Orr or Neutral for the Permanente 4th liner?
Hossa 5 20.00%
Orr 13 52.00%
Neutral 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2006, 12:55 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Hossa or Orr on the 4th Line?

I'm curious what others think...honestly...I'm very torn between both...Hossa brings offense (even though he has zero points...but he is playing very solid defensive) and Orr brings hitting and fighting...(though to be fair Hossa has been throwing his body around a lot..if people want to admit that or not).

So I'm voting neutral..maybe let them both play 50/50 until one emerges as been better then the other.

What does everyone else think?

Old
11-07-2006, 01:14 AM
VEGASRANGERFAN

I'd rather Dawes play than either or those two. But I think of the two I would choose Orr simply because he has as much offense right now as Hossa but can kick Hossa's A**

Old
11-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

I don't think either of them should have a regular spot in the lineup.

And as for Hossa's "defense": if he's so good, why is his +/- so lousy?

I'm really missing Garth Murray.

Old
11-07-2006, 01:54 AM
zacn

I too would rather have Dawes above either. With Orr we get someone to show anyone who wants to go after Jagr that we aren't going to just roll over. With Hossa we supposedly get some offense...I think. Therefore, Neutral.

Old
11-07-2006, 02:09 AM
WheresBarnaby

Orr to me is the better of the two so far. Like zacn said though, I think I'd rather have Dawes than either. He seems to generate more offense than Hossa, and we have Hollweg who can fight, but also brings alot more than just that. What all that means is I voted neutral.

Old
11-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Orr, by FAR. Hossa is a waste of a roster spot, of hockey equipment, of talent, etc.

Old
11-07-2006, 03:24 AM
lotus

Im not sure how often i like to see either of them play. Though i really like Colton Orr....especially his surprising offensive 'hint' we saw in pre-season. I feel like he needs more ice time, but the same argument goes for Hossa as he's been doing better...a little (then again how long have we been saying that?). Id rather see Dawes play, or better yet, one of them dropped when Orty returns ;p

Old
11-07-2006, 05:14 AM
Taz

Hossa is the better player and throws the body here and there but his defensive plays have been good and he has been solid, hasnt found the net yet but he isnt getting much time...

Orr i'm still ontconfident on having him in every game but if he actually plays more physical and he needs to fight ALOT more then he does and actually start taking people down.

Old
11-07-2006, 05:38 AM
Larry Melnyk

BOTH to me are a complete waste...They provide almost nothing...Hossa's only saving grace is some decent PK but we have more then enough players that can handle that and I'm sure even Holly could step in for Hossa there..,,I'd guess I'd keep Orr for about the 5-10 games of the year where insurance and protection might be a benefit....Other then that, he's a waste of flesh on ice with zero skills and playing a position that is fading away....

The Rangers need another 3rd or 4th liner or two because, right now, our bottom two lines provide almost zero offense--and that has to change...Orr and Hossa wont change that..The problem is thjat we have little in the system

Old
11-07-2006, 05:43 AM
lotus

I think the coaching staff really likes Hossa. (surprise surprise ! ) but probably because it looks like he learns quick. So they feel its just a matter of time. We kept hearing how they were teaching him to use his body to his advantage more. Well he's doing it, and i like it. Im all for being patient with Hossa.

Old
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
shoothepuck

Neutral. Not that both don't try hard, and at times play well, but they can and should be easily replaced by another player who can do much more than both combined, and also add offense. After a season + in NY, (although with limited ice time, Hossa a lot more than Orr), the experiment should be over. Orr was a waiver pickup, and Marcel was a swap for Murry, so the net worth/loss is minimal. Neither of these two will ever be able to provide consistant points, or become an effectve every day player on this team. In the NHL or minors, NY should be able to find one 4th line player to replace both of these slugs, easily.

Old
11-07-2006, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I'm sorry. But there have been way too many threads about this. And Orr. And Hossa.

11-07-2006, 08:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I will, however add a poll to the Orr 4th line thread that is open.

Closed Thread