HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bondra and Leetch....

Old
11-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Bondra and Leetch....

Why not sign them? I seriously doubt Leetch will improve our D but he is better then Meyer and will give us a point shot we miss on PP. I would play our D players based on performance, if you play like crap, you sit a few games or sent to AHL for conditioning. I do not care what your status is how big or how long is your contract or NHL experience.
Bondra may also improve our PP. Both players could be traded at the dead line for low draft picks and if not? Well, it would give players like Ruzicka and Jonsson extra time in AHL. I would not give up on them. We can not just throw young players in NHL and expect them to work and rpoduce on loosing team. I would really hate to trade any young player because it will not help us. Thoughts?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-07-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Jester

i would sign 'em to one-year deals if they're willing to take it... just to see what happens. who knows.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Rex88

Why not sign them??

I think we would owe the AARP some cash or something if they are on the payroll.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:42 AM
dedhed

The Flyers salary situation is at approximatley $40 million+,the signing of a player like Leetch will swallow a good portion of the 3 and half to 4 million they have in surplus.Will Leetch help to improve players like Meyer (who is completely worthless),or Pitkanen (who has a fine pp shot,but is hopelessly indecisive)?
I like the idea of bringing in a player like Leetch,because it would point Leetch in the direction to become a future NHL coach,but I don't think the franchise will experiment like that,given the horrid condition they're in at this point.

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Both of them have serious health concerns, I wouldn't want to invest cap space in a guy (or 2 guys) that have potential to spend considerable time on the IR.
If we're going to be losing while giving our veterans the lions share of ice time, I'd rather have guys like Jonsson and Picard getting some NHL minutes rather than Randy Jones. #6 was terrible last night... Hmm, where have I heard that before?!?

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:49 AM
ArchieIsGod

i only want leetch is to help our young dmen (pitkanen specifically) grow...its not going to happen though because leetch doesnt want to play the nyr

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:59 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711 View Post
#6 was terrible last night... Hmm, where have I heard that before?!?
Some other stupid person, I guess.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Both of them have serious health concerns, I wouldn't want to invest cap space in a guy (or 2 guys) that have potential to spend considerable time on the IR.
If we're going to be losing while giving our veterans the lions share of ice time, I'd rather have guys like Jonsson and Picard getting some NHL minutes rather than Randy Jones. #6 was terrible last night... Hmm, where have I heard that before?!?
1. Jones was not terrible last night. No less or no more then Pitkanen Hatcher or Meyer.
2. Do not expect Jonsson and Picard to produce.
3. When Leetch and Bondra end up on IR Ruzicka and Jonsson or Picard play in NHL.
4. No one is getting lion share of ice time. You get ice time based on your game to game production. (I wish you would just re-read the post over again)
5. Who cares about cap space at this point.

Old
11-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Theyre not taking up cap space if theyre on IR.

Steve L* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Sign them both! They can't make the team any worse. Bondra might be able to hit 30 goals if he played with Forsberg, and if they get injured, it doesnt count against the cap.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
FlyersFanJS

i will take leetch...but not bondra

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Halifax Hellfish

I would take both . It would help with team speed and the transition game.
One year deals that are full of incentives. Like if we make the playoffs we will double their contracts.

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Kaktus*

guys guys guys... of course if we sign them it will be to a one yeah contract.
Leetch 1M-1.5
Bondra 500K - 1M

I hope I did not miss anyone
Bondra Forsberg Knuble
Gagne Richards Sanderson
Umberger Carter Kapanen
Eager Robi Calder

D still doesn't look good.
Pitkanen Rathje
Hatcher Jones/Meyer/Jonsson
Leetch Gauthier

Old
11-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwilgus View Post
The Flyers salary situation is at approximatley $40 million+,the signing of a player like Leetch will swallow a good portion of the 3 and half to 4 million they have in surplus.Will Leetch help to improve players like Meyer (who is completely worthless),or Pitkanen (who has a fine pp shot,but is hopelessly indecisive)?
I like the idea of bringing in a player like Leetch,because it would point Leetch in the direction to become a future NHL coach,but I don't think the franchise will experiment like that,given the horrid condition they're in at this point.
You think Leetch is going to ask for $3+ million?

I don't think I've ever read anything of yours that makes sense.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Lab Monkey

leetch would sign for under 1.3 no prob in my opinion. hes old and brittle, guys like that cant ask for big money!

Lab Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 02:03 PM
DXFlyers

There is a reason why these two are not playing in the NHL. They are too old and could not hack last season. What makes you think they can this year on a broken down Flyers team that has no direction right now to winning?

DXFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by richichi View Post
leetch would sign for under 1.3 no prob in my opinion. hes old and brittle, guys like that cant ask for big money!
Really??

Have you seen his portfolio and is he set on his previous salary and investments??

Maybe he needs money and would sign for one mill, maybe he is set and would not waste his body for less than 3 mill - let me know when you speak to him.

Rex88 is offline   Reply With Quote