HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Conroy Deal Possibly to Ottawa Done?

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
I'd be fine with Schubert and Zubov. Anything less does not suffice.

Old
11-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17 View Post
Conroy will be able to fetch WAY more than some 2nd tier players/prospects. I call BS.
I imagine that this is probably Muckler's first solid offer to Lombardi, but Dean is too savvy to just accept it. He'll probably ask for a better prospect and call around (to Atlanta and Montreal, especially) to try to get them to drive the price up. Muckler's offer will probably still be around for a while, so Lombardi is in no rush. If I were Dean, I'd hold out a little longer, especially to see if the Senators continue to flounder, since that could cause Muckler to eventually cave.

BTW, I don't see how the Kings could possibly accept a defenseman like Schubert of Volchenkov without sending a defenseman the other way. The Kings have two many defensemen as it is, already.

Last edited by Osprey: 11-08-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old
11-08-2006, 01:00 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
Ummm I actually don't think that was the word I was trying to use. Naive and the word I wanted are two different words.

I could be wrong tho ....I could just be spelling the word wrong.
It was the word you were trying to use...

Old
11-08-2006, 01:06 AM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
It was the word you were trying to use...
Alright than sorry that's my bad.

But anyway.....we'll see what happens. Alot of factors come into play. Mainly if that is even the final deal or if stuff will be changed around. And let's see what the Sens do tommorow.....after tommorow a deal will either be extremly necessay or only semi-necessary lol.

Old
11-08-2006, 01:12 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
I would like to see Volchenkov but many here are underrating Zubov and Schubert. To having to many defenders, Schubert also plays foward. Truly its hard to gauge Conroy's value you have so many different people saying so many things. In the end only one who can properly gauge his value or worth is DL who I am sure will make the right deal. Anyone who does not think much of the two players above just needs to watch some international play, or how Zubov did at WJC

Old
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:

But anyway.....we'll see what happens. Alot of factors come into play. Mainly if that is even the final deal or if stuff will be changed around. And let's see what the Sens do tommorow.....after tommorow a deal will either be extremly necessay or only semi-necessary lol.
I wouldnt be surprised if Visnovsky got traded to Ottawa. As much as us Kings fans dont want it to happen . Thats why I am keeping quiet because I really think there is more to a deal with whatever team we are dealing with.

Old
11-08-2006, 01:19 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:

I think the big letdown from the Kings perspective is Schubert. The Kings have too many D-men as it is...and, with the Sens defensive situation as it is (many fans claimed that they'd need a replacement if Vermette came to L.A.), the fact that you're seemingly uncaring as to whether or not he goes leads us to question his worth.

Zubov, while somewhat unknown, seems like a part of a decent return...but that would seem to be about the only part of the deal that's really worth anything to L.A.

It's like if you were to pull into a gas station to fill up and the attendant gave you half a tank of gas and half a bottle of wiper fluid. Yeah, you've got the same amount of liquid, but your wipers were already full.

That's part of it, I think...also, there've been rumours of Vermette for so long that this seems like a step down.

Old
11-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Scottkmlps

Get Meszaros. Get it done DL.

Old
11-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
Per the Score Canada

"Micalef than said they have recieved word that the Ottawa Senators are very close to aquiring Craig Conroy from the LA Kings. The deal would see Schubert , Danny Bois or Ilya Zubov and a late round pick go to the Kings. It was stated the deal can change but that is what is being reported"/[/url]

Well that is not all that much of a return... Sure Conroy hasn't had a good start to the season but he is still a legit 2nd line center and you would think he would get more then a lower pairing d-man and mid-level prospect (wonder if Kaigorodov was still in the country it would be his name instead of Zubovs) and a AHL depth guy...

Old
11-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I wouldnt be surprised if Visnovsky got traded to Ottawa. As much as us Kings fans dont want it to happen . Thats why I am keeping quiet because I really think there is more to a deal with whatever team we are dealing with.
This is my feeling on the situation, too. I think the trade will be at least semi-big and probably involve some semi-big names (Volchenkov, Vermette, Visnovsky, Conroy, etc.).

Old
11-08-2006, 02:03 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
This is my feeling on the situation, too. I think the trade will be at least semi-big and probably involve some semi-big names (Volchenkov, Vermette, Visnovsky, Conroy, etc.).
I thought it from the start. Thats why I kept my mouth shut. I didnt wanna jinx anything lol.

I was thinking

To OTT: Conroy , Visnovski

To LA: Vermette , Volchenkov , Schubert

But then I thought about it.... The Kings would have Tverdovsky , Blake , Norstrom , Miller , Dallman , Weaver , Sopel , Volchenkov , Schubert.

So then I went back and thought....hmMmMmmMm. Maybe the Kings trade Conroy to Ottawa for Schubert and Zubov to clear money for a bigger trade down the line. Thats the only way I could see the Kings making this deal. Not saying I am unhappy with it because Im not and I like to see how things work before I judge.

In all honesty I think if the Kings pull the trigger on this deal then they are just setting up a bigger deal to trade Visnovsky away .

Old
11-08-2006, 02:05 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
and not a single mention of Alfie...

what's it all about?

Old
11-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Sybil227

Maybe he'd like Cammie and a pick instead?

Old
11-08-2006, 02:31 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
In all honesty I think if the Kings pull the trigger on this deal then they are just setting up a bigger deal to trade Visnovsky away .
but but but i don't want wittle visnovsky to go away

Old
11-08-2006, 02:32 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
and not a single mention of Alfie...

what's it all about?
Jude Law trying to be Michael Caine.

Old
11-08-2006, 02:40 AM
the_nole

Quote:
To OTT: Conroy , Visnovski

To LA: Vermette , Volchenkov , Schubert
Do I dare?

To OTT: Conroy , Visnovski , 3rd or later pick?

To LA: Spezza, Schubert

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columni...zie/?ID=181278

OCT 19th "Concern, because going into Thursday night's game against the Colorado Avalanche, Spezza has just two goals in his first five games, both of them coming in the same game

It has also been well documented that Senators' head coach Bryan Murray is not happy with the level of Spezza's play in all three zones of the ice.

But as much of a concern as that may be, there's an even bigger concern for Spezza and the Senators, and that is the long-term health of Jason Spezza. "

The last line would be a perfect fit for the Kings

Old
11-08-2006, 02:42 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_nole View Post
Do I dare?

To OTT: Conroy , Visnovski , 3rd or later pick?

To LA: Spezza, Schubert

http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columni...zie/?ID=181278

OCT 19th "Concern, because going into Thursday night's game against the Colorado Avalanche, Spezza has just two goals in his first five games, both of them coming in the same game

It has also been well documented that Senators' head coach Bryan Murray is not happy with the level of Spezza's play in all three zones of the ice.

But as much of a concern as that may be, there's an even bigger concern for Spezza and the Senators, and that is the long-term health of Jason Spezza. "

The last line would be a perfect fit for the Kings
There is no ****ing chance that Ottawa would do that.

Old
11-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
There is no ****ing chance that Ottawa would do that.
That's putting it mildly. The_nole, Ottawa is not going to trade away their #1 center to replace him with a #2 center. They want to add to their top-6, not significantly downgrade it.

Old
11-08-2006, 03:01 AM
funky

Maybe DL is providing more cap room for the Kings so he can go after a bigger priced proven player who still is you like Vinny Lecavalier or Brad Richards?

Bringing in more prospects and clearing more room could be setting the team up for a future deal. A guy like Schubert could fill a big hole if Norstrom or Miller were shipped out of town with others as a contract to fill the salary gap.

Just a thought. We have numerous wingers but a solid big #1 center like Vinny would give us a huge 1A 1B center combination with Kopitar in the future.

Old
11-08-2006, 04:22 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
Maybe DL is providing more cap room for the Kings so he can go after a bigger priced proven player who still is you like Vinny Lecavalier or Brad Richards?

Bringing in more prospects and clearing more room could be setting the team up for a future deal. A guy like Schubert could fill a big hole if Norstrom or Miller were shipped out of town with others as a contract to fill the salary gap.

Just a thought. We have numerous wingers but a solid big #1 center like Vinny would give us a huge 1A 1B center combination with Kopitar in the future.
I dont think Blake 6 Mill, Norstrom 4 Mill and Lecavlier 6.9Mill could all be on the same team.

But I do feel that the Kings could put up one of the best packages to get Lecavlier. And if there is a player to do that for it would be Lecavlier. Hes only what 26? Hes a Joe Thornton but he does somthing in the playoffs. He has been to the chosen land with Team Canada and the Stanley Cup has madddddd experience he is exactly what the Kings need.

If Lecavlier came to LA what number would he wear? Blake is gonna retire and they gonna retire his number lol.

LECAVLIER

Old
11-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Mindcircus

Can we leave Lubo out of a trade discussion for once? Thanks.

Old
11-08-2006, 07:53 AM
Game Misconduct

I would not trade Conroy to them unless we get Volchenkov.

Old
11-08-2006, 08:26 AM
KingsCourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct View Post
I would not trade Conroy to them unless we get Volchenkov.

I agree!

Old
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
TWS

I will be a very sad man when the day comes where Lubo is no longer a King. Hopefully Conroy can fetch us something nice though.

Old
11-08-2006, 10:01 AM
LuLuBelle

DANNY BOIS?

THE Danny Bois?

Oh my goodness, I will laugh so hard my guts will fall out if this happens. He's nothing but a cold-hearted thug.

Closed Thread