HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

RBK Inline VS Mission Inline

Old
10-19-2006, 02:48 AM
hardcorejacket29

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to hardcorejacket29
RBK Inline VS Mission Inline

I have the option of getting the new RBK skates immeditely or waiting to get the new Mission Wicked Skates that haven't been shipped yet. Has anyone heard anything good or bad abut the RBKs or new Wicked Lights? I would assume that the inline RBK boots are pretty similar to ice ones. Any info to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.

hardcorejacket29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 04:01 AM
cstu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorejacket29 View Post
I have the option of getting the new RBK skates immeditely or waiting to get the new Mission Wicked Skates that haven't been shipped yet. Has anyone heard anything good or bad abut the RBKs or new Wicked Lights? I would assume that the inline RBK boots are pretty similar to ice ones. Any info to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated.
It depends what models you are looking at. I think you'll get a lot more bang for your buck in terms of features with the Missions, even though they'll be a little more expensive for now. The top-level RBK skate has features (such as the chassis) which the 2nd or 3rd level Wicked Light will equal or surpass. The Wicked Light 1 blows away anything from RBK.

cstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 06:33 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Supposedly the new Wicked 1s and 3s will require a bit of patience in terms of breaking them in. They are very stiff and I've heard for the first few skates, kinda uncomfortable, but after that, they become very comfy and should be very durable. I'm probably going to upgrade to the Wicked 1 around christmas. For the past 4 or so years I have been using Mission Type M's and the break in problems I have heard people having with the new skates sound exactly like what I went through with the Type M's. First few skates was awkward, sometimes very painful (when skating for 3 hours at a time) but since then, they have been very comfy and never had a problem with. the most damage they have suffered in that time is one of the little metal rings in the eyelets broke and fell out, otherwise they are just about as stiff as when I got them. Suspension still works perfectly on them too. So I am expecting similarly high levels of durabilty from the new Wicked 1's. And apparently the new hi-lo chassis is rather sweet as well.

If you go with the top end Missions, just be patient with them as I expect you will see the benefits once they break in. As for RBK skates, never tried them and can't recall hearing much about them I'm afraid.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2006, 04:58 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
in comparisons I have made, missions seem to be a lot more stiff and made of better materials. That's as a whole and not looking at each individual skate.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Steve Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorejacket29 View Post
I currently have the RBK 6k roller skates and they are the most comfortable skates that i have had however i don't know how comfy the wicked lights are but some mission skates that i have fad in the past have been really uncomfortable. what model RBK skates did you have in mind?

Steve Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:17 PM
hardcorejacket29

Send a message via AIM to hardcorejacket29
I was looking at the 6k's I might just have to order them since Mission takes FOREVER to ship them out.... I was just kind of worried about the novelty of the Pump, and if it actually does anything... I tried to 4ks on and they seemed pretty comfortable... but are the RBKS durable? so far the missions haven't been. I've broke to pairs of helium 5500s I think they were... the frames detached from the boot...

hardcorejacket29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 08:40 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

I just bought Mission 7500 today, they are REALLY stiff and do not know how long it is going to take to break them in. So far they are OK though.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Clockwork Walrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoppaMan21 View Post
I just bought Mission 7500 today, they are REALLY stiff and do not know how long it is going to take to break them in. So far they are OK though.
Nice skates, eh? I have them too.. they were definitely stiff out of the box, and for me it took a couple games for them to get comfortable.

Clockwork Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote