HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

doors closing on some Comrie possibilities

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Bignasti

vCash: 500
doors closing on some Comrie possibilities

Fact of the matter is that teams don't generally trade young players that are playing to their potential. While a couple weeks ago names like Frolov and Weiss appeared to be realistic possibilities for Comrie, their strong play lately makes them seem unlikely. Can't help but worry that as the season goes on and other young players keep developing (or players that have been underachieving start playing better) that more doors may close. Hears hoping some open too (bring on the injuries to other teams centermen!).

Old
11-25-2003, 12:44 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I don't know that we can assume guys like Weiss or Frolov were ever available. I don't remember ever reading from reliable sources that players of that calibre were on the table. I do know those names were thrown around these and other boards. I would think the players Lowe has been offered are no where near the Frolove etc level or I think we would have traded Comrie by now. Or at the very least have heard that a deal was in the works.

Old
11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Mr Sakich

its kinda funny when some guys bash lowe for not getting frolov in the carter deal. The reality is that none of us know if he was ever offered. As for the arguement that some are now playing to potential, anyone who has followed brewer's career will realize that it is never an smooth road. For every kid playing to his potential right now, there is another about to be demoted to the pressbox.

Closed Thread