HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Has Spoken

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Habsolution

vCash: 500
BTW I accept the fact that Gainey had to evaluate his team based on what they would do under his management. I agree with this and at the beginning of the season I thought it was the right decision. I thought that if someone could bring out the best out of those guys it was Gainey. He had to try it. And he did. But very soon will be the time to get back on earth and stop doing pointless moves like calling up Komisarek 3-4 days before actually thinking about playing him (and that is if he plays on friday).

Old
11-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Habs

It could be worse. We could still have Savard handing out money, to every underachiever that wants a job.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Darz

I agree 100% with everything BG said. It's what a GM (a good GM) SHOULD say. He should let the team know that he expects them to make the playoffs, therefore there is no excuse if they don't.

The people who freak out about his comments would imo make horrible GM's. Whinning and getting mad at the players is not going to generate anything positive. A part of a GM's job is to remove as much distraction as possible from the players. Bob has had to do this twice already in his first half year in charge.

Closed Thread