HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Newyork Islanders@Philadelphia Flyers

Old
11-10-2006, 08:50 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan97 View Post
We certainly look like we'd don't have good enough players, but that doesn't explain how nearly this same team (same key players) reached 100 pts. last year. It can't entirely be lack of talent. We are currently on pace to win 15 games, how that is even possible is beyond my understanding.
I know, it's infuriating and mesmerizing.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 10:17 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Are you actually going to the game or watching it on tv with Sabres' fans?? Man, you're brave. EV from the NOOF had two tickets to sell and asked if I wanted them but I told him no way. I wouldn't want to see them on the road right now, I can barely stand to watch them on tv.
I'll be in Erie, and I know there are a bunch of Sabres fans (it seems to be split between Sabres and Pens). The only saving grace is that EV won't be there... as it is, I'll be taking a lot of abuse I suspect! Ah well... if I'm forced to have a couple of extra drinks to ease the pain, so be it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Jester

Quote:
We certainly look like we'd don't have good enough players, but that doesn't explain how nearly this same team (same key players) reached 100 pts. last year. It can't entirely be lack of talent. We are currently on pace to win 15 games, how that is even possible is beyond my understanding.
this isn't even remotely the same team.

Handzus was the most important player on the team last year... gone.

KJ for half the year... gone (and we were playing our best hockey when he was going strong).

Desjardins... gone.

Radio, an extremely important bottom 6 guy to this team last year... gone.

Brashear, who i disliked for his contract more than his play... though, it was frustrating how he'd decide he was a goal-scorer on occassion... gone.

Savage, a consistent vet, if nothing else... gone.

not to mention that right now you have Forsberg limping around... in the first half of last season the vets were all playing very well, that isn't the case at the moment because the above situation... and in the 2nd half Carter and Umberger were the number 1 reason we were winning any games as they picked up a fair amount of the offensive load (they aren't scoring right now).

soph. slump is a b****, yet again.

they rolled over a third of this roster and gave this team to the young kids, and they've come up small thus far. if you'd looked at this roster prior to the season and said the 2nd year players and Calder were going to struggling this much, the only shocking thing thus far is how pitifully awful our defense has been (despite a much improved PK).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 11:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Good Lord, enough with the "passion and heart" baloney already.

THEY DON'T HAVE GOOD ENOUGH PLAYERS.
ok fine.
is effort then too much to ask?

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Last night's highlights are up.

http://hockeyfights.com/videos/

I'd also like to add that Richards needs a mohawk.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 12:22 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
ok fine.
is effort then too much to ask?
I think you hit the nail straight on. This teams seems to have given up on themselves and each other. I don't know if playing Buffalo-and getting smoked-so early in the season damaged their psyche that badly. It was almost like, 'well this is who we have to beat to get anywhere this year, and that's not going to happen, so why bother.' Personally, I'm sick of seeing some of the players glide around the ice as if playing in the NHL is the worst possible job one could have. Mistakes will happen, not scoring will happen, bad goals will happen, but lacking intensity is something that can be taken care of rather easily from within. It's not the three wins that bothers me at this point in the season, it's what I'm seeing from the players-or should I say, not seeing from the players that has me so gosh darn angry.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 12:31 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think you hit the nail straight on. This teams seems to have given up on themselves and each other. I don't know if playing Buffalo-and getting smoked-so early in the season damaged their psyche that badly. It was almost like, 'well this is who we have to beat to get anywhere this year, and that's not going to happen, so why bother.' Personally, I'm sick of seeing some of the players glide around the ice as if playing in the NHL is the worst possible job one could have. Mistakes will happen, not scoring will happen, bad goals will happen, but lacking intensity is something that can be taken care of rather easily from within. It's not the three wins that bothers me at this point in the season, it's what I'm seeing from the players-or should I say, not seeing from the players that has me so gosh darn angry.
I feel bad for the STH and the other fans who lay down there hard earned cash to see this "team" play every night. i know if i lived down there I wouldnt go to the games. Stay home, drink some beers and watch the Flyers lose. seems like a cheaper alternative to me.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 12:51 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
this isn't even remotely the same team.

Handzus was the most important player on the team last year... gone.

KJ for half the year... gone (and we were playing our best hockey when he was going strong).

Desjardins... gone.

Radio, an extremely important bottom 6 guy to this team last year... gone.

Brashear, who i disliked for his contract more than his play... though, it was frustrating how he'd decide he was a goal-scorer on occassion... gone.

Savage, a consistent vet, if nothing else... gone.

not to mention that right now you have Forsberg limping around... in the first half of last season the vets were all playing very well, that isn't the case at the moment because the above situation... and in the 2nd half Carter and Umberger were the number 1 reason we were winning any games as they picked up a fair amount of the offensive load (they aren't scoring right now).
Wow what a list.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Wow what a list.
not sure if that's sarcastic or not...

Handzus is a huge loss to this roster... and, IMO, was the single most important forward last year. Really a shame that his season was derailed by a cheapshot, by Zubrus of all people. his loss is further complicated by the non-entity that Calder has been for us.

KJ being gone crippled our defense last year... Hatcher was never the same player following that, which was probably paired with his knee being bad. Rathje isn't the same player he was the first 40 games of last year, and at this point it doesn't seem like he ever will be.

everyone banged on Rico a ton, but he was very solid for this team and his minutes being taken up by someone else result in weaker efficiency of defense.

i mean, we got a lion share of the pts that we got in the first half last year, and then we survived down the stretch because of Carter/Umberger. this is a dramatically different team than the first half of last year.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 03:30 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I'll be in Erie, and I know there are a bunch of Sabres fans (it seems to be split between Sabres and Pens). The only saving grace is that EV won't be there... as it is, I'll be taking a lot of abuse I suspect! Ah well... if I'm forced to have a couple of extra drinks to ease the pain, so be it.
Have a few for me too! I wish I could go, but knowing there are lots of Sabres and Pens fans, as well as Habs fans, I'm glad I'm staying home!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Unsticky? It annoys me

Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote