HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

When do you think the slump is going to end?

View Poll Results: When do you think the slump is going to end?
What slump? 24 63.16%
Soon (within the next month) 6 15.79%
Never 3 7.89%
Not until Slats makes a trade 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Lets see how the Rangers fare against possibly the 2nd (maybe even best) team in the league tonight....Atlanta.

This could be yet another measuring stick game, in a month full of measuring stick games.
Very true,tonight is going to be a true test of this team. I personally think they can beat the Thrashers tonight, but they are going to have to play the same style they did when they played San Jose and Ana.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 08:02 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
As of today this team cannot play better. Even if Slats replaces Rozy and Malik with Pronger and Niedermeyer tomorrow (calls to replace those two come from the fans that have no clue about what is that hockey defenseman is supposed to do), it would be the same.
Man, I tell you. Up until now, I simply thought that you wanted to simply be opposite of most opinion. Now, I really have to start to question if you watch the games at all, watch some sort of bizarro-Rangers or have any idea of what it is that you are talking about. When I see comments like that, I have to question why am I even bothering to read whatever it is that you are trying to post.

This team CANNOT play better? Replacing Rozsival & Malik with Pronger & Neids would not change anything? People who call to replace the former gruesome twosome have no clue about hockey? Dude, I have to question where do you get this crap from? The comment about the defenseman is like stating that replacing Nylander with Crosby or Sakic would not change anything. Or placing Ovechkin on the top lines would not change anything.

Let me get this straight. I have no clue about what an NHL defenseman is supposed to do, but you do? Apparently allowing opposing forwards to blow by you as if you are a tree is what they are supposed to do. Playing on the same side of the ice and abandoning your goalie is what they are supposed to do. Giving the puck away to the other team is what they are supposed to do. But wait. I know. It is not their fault. It is the fault of Henke for not standing on his head whenever they are on the ice. It is the fault of Jagr for not keeping the puck in the other team's end while those two are on the ice. Yes...now that makes sense.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Man, I tell you. Up until now, I simply thought that you wanted to simply be opposite of most opinion. Now, I really have to start to question if you watch the games at all, watch some sort of bizarro-Rangers or have any idea of what it is that you are talking about. When I see comments like that, I have to question why am I even bothering to read whatever it is that you are trying to post.

This team CANNOT play better? Replacing Rozsival & Malik with Pronger & Neids would not change anything? People who call to replace the former gruesome twosome have no clue about hockey? Dude, I have to question where do you get this crap from? The comment about the defenseman is like stating that replacing Nylander with Crosby or Sakic would not change anything. Or placing Ovechkin on the top lines would not change anything.

Let me get this straight. I have no clue about what an NHL defenseman is supposed to do, but you do? Apparently allowing opposing forwards to blow by you as if you are a tree is what they are supposed to do. Playing on the same side of the ice and abandoning your goalie is what they are supposed to do. Giving the puck away to the other team is what they are supposed to do. But wait. I know. It is not their fault. It is the fault of Henke for not standing on his head whenever they are on the ice. It is the fault of Jagr for not keeping the puck in the other team's end while those two are on the ice. Yes...now that makes sense.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote