HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Knuble

Old
11-10-2006, 01:07 AM
CB420

vCash: 500
Knuble

Hey Flyer fans... was wondering 2 things that you guys' could be able to help with

I noticed that Mike Knuble was a DNP again tonight for your game against the Isles, he's only played in 10 games on the season, he does have 9points in those 10 GP.

At first I thought i heard it was originally reported that he suffered an ankle injury? or maybe a knee injury im not sure, maybe you guys might have more insight on how long he might be out? whats the length and how serious it is?

was just wondering because I have him in a fantasy pool and hes been productive in the games he's been in 4 goals 5 helpers, was wondering if Knuble's game was slacking off, then noticed that he hasent played in awhile 2 weeks atleast, at first I thought that Holmgren your teams coach might have sent a message to maybe one of his more veteran players and bench Knuble, from looking on the official NHL score sheets, i noticed he hasent even been in the line up for a while, so thats not the case with Knuble being a healthy scratch.

n 2 part of a question When he does return to the lineup, would the Flyers GM entertain ideas of a trade for Knuble ? Im not sure what the case is with the Phillys interim GM title, i know that Hitchcock is still a flyers scout, when Knuble does return he could be a good trade asset to your guys' team. His Value is pretty good out there IMO, and he could get the Flyers maybe a decent 2nd to 3rd line player off another team, and probably would command a high Draft Pick for this season. Knuble is a solid veteran, brings leadership, has decent career stats, scored a career high 34 last season, His value probably will never be higher I think, so im kind of playing arm chair GM a little (Im not basing this on anything, just my opinion) because I know last year, there were roumers that started on HF boards that maybe Kevin Lowe was interested in michal Handzus, and some of the Flyers media heard that i think, or a journalist read it off a fan board site, and thats how roumers and speculation like that catch fire and can start and spread quickly around the leauge they have sites devoted to trade speculation and roumers THeres website called "Spectors" something like that and thats all they have it possible trade roumers etc. it can get a little crazy lol, if a reporter goes and says to the player in the locker-room after a game or after a loss and says "Well i heard from a source that you might on the trading-block" It can affect a players performance on the ice, and maybe get into his head and wear on him a little, some players they just shut it out, like Alfredsson in Ottawa, media is speculating he might be traded and Alfredssons comment was that he doesnt give credence to them just blocks it out... so this is my honest opinion only

, I noticed that theres been trade talk surrounding Peter Forsberg, he would also bring back alot in return, but I dont think Forsberg would get dealt this season anyways Im not sure how many years he has left on his current contract, from what hes been saying, he wants to stay in Philly. Forsberg's contract would be alot for other teams to take on, Knuble is on the books this year at $1,522,000 so thats all that will count on your cap.

do any of you Flyers season ticket holders think that Edmonton might possibly be a good trade partner? Like hypothetical.... there has been some small history invloving our 2 teams in the past, When Philly dealt Janne Niinimaa over here to Edmonton, I cant remember off the top of my head who we sent to you guys, maybe Pat Faloon n I think McGillis was invloved in that trade years ago, and Jani Rita that the oilers got back, that never worked out Rita has been a bust, an is probably playing in his native finland now

What roster players would some of you Philly fans want from Edmonton? in exchange for Either Pitkanen or Knuble?> Im just comming up wit this off the top of my head, but I was thinking Knuble has kind of been under-rated a bit around the leauge, he gets in front of the net on the PP, and his tough to controll when he gets in the bluepaint man for the Dmen to push out of there, 6"3 225 he's hard to take the puck off when he has it on his tape, so which player would interest some of you loyal philly fans? I kno that your team might have to suffer a bit to rebuild on the fly, with the new game of speed, its tough, Bobby Clarke made a pretty bonehead move in signing Hatcher, Rathje and Therien, those 3 players weren't the best skaters in the old NHL they got exposed, and plus their salary counts against the cap for a while, so I can get that man, Philly might struggle this year they could still be competitive in the end they might fall short of the postseason but I could be wrong... from the youngcore they will be good nucleaus to eventually make the team that they had before, thats a power again. Mike Richards and Carter will be your cornerstone, so i can understand not wanting to see some of your best young players go, but to get good players back you have to give up good NHL talent in return.

Assuming Philly wants some puck moving defensemen back, what would some of you fans think about Marc-Andre Bergeron, he's a small little dman that can move the puck, he scored a career high 15 goals last season, and just has lacked confidence this year, and the end of last season, he's struggled and I think Kevin Lowe might be willing to accept offers to trade him. im not sure Lowe would have any interest in Knuble anyways, he could definately help our team forsure, but im assuming that the Flyers GM wont give up knuble if he doesn't get back atleast another Forward, The Oilers have a few cant miss prospects i think, in Robbie Schremp, who's from Syracuse, NY close in the area to Philly, and as much as a lot of us Oil fans wouldnt wanna see Schremp go, to help us in the short-term with Knuble, and it would help the flyers organzation maybe 2 years down the road, If you read Schremps scouting report, he's gonna be a player in this league for awhile In my opinion, has a great shot, good snap shot, and an excellent passer, only 5-11 197 but he can keep up in this new game with his good wheels and see's the ice extremely well.

Would there be any other players off the Oilers roster that would interest you guys? Hemsky, Smyth, Lupul seem like a 3 most namely that are untouchable but you never know Smyth is a RFA altho chances are he will re-sign with us, Marc-antione Pouliout is centreman thats playing in the AHL for us and could be a usefull player in the future...

some Oil fans here on local Sports Radio and some over on the Oilers HF Site in Edmonton have brought up Joni Pitkanens name as a possbile target of interest, if the Flyers give up on Pitkanen then that would mean alot that the oil would have to give back in return because Pitkanen is potentially a reliable solid #1 Defenseman, a top 6 forward, and either a top 4 defenseman and a top draft pick might have to go the other way in exchange. Pitkanen's salary against the cap this season is only $2 Million, the Oilers have room, but would have to send around the same amount of salary back in return to balance out the cap, So thats why a player off our current roster would be comming up in names to send back, It wouldnt be just for draft picks for next year, it would mean the Oilers giving up maybe a top 6 Forward, and a D-man back. We have desperately needed a D-man to get the puck up on the forwards stick, with Pitkanen he has great vision on the ice, skates good for a big guy, Makes good first passes up the neutral zone, and has a good hard shot from the point, he would be a good fit here in Edmonton IMO, it would take more to give up on our roster then Knuble might aswell.

The Oilers have 2 First rounders in 2007, so that could interst to get an Offensive Dman that we havent had since Pronger and Spacek left in the summer this year, (Our Pwrplay is 20th overall) and with the skill players whe have up front, we're missing that Powerplay Quarter Back to controll the ice out there, Pitkanen can be that player for us I think, but like I said if Kevin Lowe asks for Pitkanen, then the Flyers GM if thats still holmgren>? or if Ed Snider is pulling the strings for now untill philly gets an established GM In there, Just wanted to throw that out at you flyers fans maybe desperate for anything to happen with your team, now sitting deadlast in the East :\ a shakeup like this could sometimes be a good thing for both sides, The Oilers benefit now, and the Flyers will eventually pile up high draft picks, and you guys have shown that your Scouts have proven they know how to find and develop good NHL Hockey talent, In drafting Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, Antero Nitimakki, they traded for Umberger from VAN, n also drafted Stefan Ruzicka who looks like hes gonna be agood player. just wanted to know what you Die-hard Philly fans maybe think of that,

Last edited by CB420: 11-10-2006 at 01:46 AM.
CB420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Flyguy_1ca

Send a message via ICQ to Flyguy_1ca
I dunno about the whole trade rumour thing. But fans here are mad, so they're willing to trade Richards, Carter, Pitkanen etc....I think it's nuts..but when your favorite team can't beat a peewee team people get carried away. Considering Pitkanen's age, potential and what he did last season...and the fact that he's the only NHL talent we have on our D. I think trading him is simply not going to happen. He would be at least as untouchable as Hemsky I'd guess.

As for Knuble, he has a broken finger and should be back in a couple more games.

Flyguy_1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 02:22 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

I appreciate your depth and research so I won't shrug you off like I would most people who come around here inquiring about players.

As already mentioned, Knuble only broke a finger and could play Saturday, hopefully Monday at the latest. I see Knuble as the kind of guy who will be moved only if Forsberg is moved. Our Deuces Wild (Forsberg, Gagne and Knuble) line has been very effective for over a year, it's a shame Knuble was injured. However, I really only see Knuble as a truly valuable player if he's playing with Forsberg. If Forsberg resigns, I think Knuble resigns. If Forsberg is traded, I think Knuble is traded (it would be sign of a rebuild if Forsberg is traded, so it's likely Knuble falls under the category of "move to get younger" as well).

If this team is out of the playoffs come the deadline, very likely at this point, Knuble's cheap cost but potential high reward is going to be very attractive to a lot of teams. However, I do not have the slightest clue what I'd ask for him. He's had the advantage of playing with Thornton and Forsberg for the last several years of his career so I'm not totally sure what his value is without a top like guy like them centering him. Obviously, the intention is to get younger and build through the draft if a rebuild were to happen.

Pitkanen is looking like hell these days, but it's all about his confidence (just like you mentioned with MA Bergeron). His talent puts him as the #1 defenseman on the majority of teams around the league but he hasn't reached his potential yet. Defensemen usually take a little longer.

If Pitkanen were to be traded, Schremp better be coming back, MA Bergeron (Pitkanen is the only offensive d-man we have right now so one would have to come back), most likely one of your 1st round picks and either a roster player as well, or if you did us a favour and took one of Hatcher or Rathje off our hands, I could see that as incentive to move Pitkanen or another top player.

But then again, I don't really know. I usually try to stay out of speculating trades because I find we're always way off when it comes to value. What I do know is that Pitkanen should have some of the highest trade value in the league, in a group of tier two players under the Crosbys, Malkins and Phaneufs who I would call tier one.

But thanks for trying to be intelligent about it. It's nice to read an outsiders post that doesn't contain "Forseburg sux and is injury proned trade him to my team for a 6th rounder LOLZ".

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Jester

trading 23 y/o dmen with high ceiling AWAY rarely makes any sense.

trading FOR 23 y/o dmen with high ceiling always makes sense.

something to think about when you hear trade speculation.

at this point, i see almost no possibility of Knuble finishing the year with this team... the kids aren't ready to produce a playoff-caliber team for the ice that their seeing. thus, we're going to struggle -- as young teams do -- all year barring them suddenly finding some consistency to their offensive games.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote