HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: NY writer bashes the city of Buffalo.

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 04:58 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
OT: NY writer bashes the city of Buffalo.

http://www.wgrz.com/storyfull.asp?id=17667

Old
11-25-2003, 05:01 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Damn.

What a *****!

Old
11-25-2003, 05:14 PM
dittoheadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre15
Damn.

What a *****!

Sigh, old news.... This is the reaction people get when they say stuff about a place they spent all of 5 minutes in. She then reports it to their own constituentcy and by some means the place she is bashing gets wind and calls her out on the carpet for assuming things she cant fathom, and for being a lazy reporter.. Cheers, if we were only so cool and sheik... We like to keep the trash out of Buffalo anyway.. At least as far as Lackawana.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:20 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
And in usual fashion, Buffalonians rise to the occasion to defend our fair city from any heathen who happens to point out the truth. Perhaps if more of the locals spent time embracing what we have (hey, how about having an annual snow festival that is marketed to places other than Batavia or Erie? why not trumpet it rather than trying to defend it?) Bah. Pointless. Ross will win, simply because she has a larger platform from which to spew.

Just curious, but was it our own "good will ambassador" Bucky Gleason who took a shot at her?

Old
11-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Takeo

Who cares...

And no formal response needed as this pig has already ruined her professional reputation with such juvenile and unfounded comments.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
Perhaps if more of the locals spent time embracing what we have...why not trumpet it rather than trying to defend it?
Well put Chain. I think this is a better point than you even know.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
On a related note, that will be the last time I even come close to browsing her annual scouting compellation. Not that it changes much from year to year to year to year to year.... She may have a larger pulpit, but I have my buying dollars to make my commentary.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:30 PM
hockeygirl93

vCash:
Quote:
Just curious, but was it our own "good will ambassador" Bucky Gleason who took a shot at her?
No, I think it was "Off Main Street."

Clearly she can dish it out, but gets bitter when she's got to take it.

Of course, I don't expect much more from someone writing for the Daily News...Hey, Sherry, when you learn to write well enough get a job at an actual newspaper instead of slumming it with that rag, *then* we can talk...

hg93

Old
11-25-2003, 05:31 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl93
No, I think it was "Off Main Street."

Clearly she can dish it out, but gets bitter when she's got to take it.

Of course, I don't expect much more from someone writing for the Daily News...Hey, Sherry, when you learn to write well enough get a job at an actual newspaper instead of slumming it with that rag, *then* we can talk...

hg93

Zing!

Old
11-25-2003, 05:32 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Hey, Sherry, when you learn to write well enough get a job at an actual newspaper instead of slumming it with that rag, *then* we can talk...
Oh snap!

Damn girl!

Old
11-25-2003, 05:36 PM
dittoheadd

Quote:
Ross will win, simply because she has a larger platform from which to spew.

Thats what we get for Bucky turning this chick down!!! Speaking of spew!!! I dont even know what that means.. Oh, nevermind...

Old
11-25-2003, 05:39 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Hey, Sherry, when you learn to write well enough get a job at an actual newspaper instead of slumming it with that rag, *then* we can talk...
Oh snap!

Old
11-25-2003, 06:55 PM
cybresabre
Crabby Seer

Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
On a related note, that will be the last time I even come close to browsing her annual scouting compellation. Not that it changes much from year to year to year to year to year.... She may have a larger pulpit, but I have my buying dollars to make my commentary.
hehe, what are you talking about??

sherry (on satan)
"Goals, goals, goals. Forget playmaking."
how many assists on a low scoring team did he get?
(I liked how she wrote this in the 1998-99 book and the 2001 book)

I know it is nitpicking, but she spelled Gilmour "Gilmlour" on the Satan page. Isn't this sort of thing picked up when editing?

She also thought that Varada is a 30 goal scorer.

oh well, I'm not gonna buy the scouting book anymore anyways, just because I paid for the 2001 information already when i bought it in 1999.

Old
11-26-2003, 05:48 AM
hockeygirl93

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre
I know it is nitpicking, but she spelled Gilmour "Gilmlour" on the Satan page. Isn't this sort of thing picked up when editing?
Well, there goes any credibility she *might* have had with *me*...

Oh, wait - she didn't have any in the first place...never mind...

Old
11-26-2003, 06:34 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

She has nothing to say on sports, so she trashes Buffalo. Perhaps she should find another line of work.

Buffalo is the most underrated city in America. I'm not from Buffalo, but it is a great city. I lived in Toronto for 7 years and I miss the trips to Buffalo far more than I miss Toronto.

I like New Jersey too, except for their crappy service stations. But what the hell is New Jersey known for? Organized crime? Being NYC's pant droppings?

Old
11-26-2003, 07:58 AM
Kruschiki

I have faced this kind of attituded all the time living in MA and CA. There's an element out there that thinks it's amusing to poke fun at silly things like geographic places, but it really has more to do with the person being ashamed of where they're from. I've met folks that were born in places like NY, Chicago, Detriot and San Francisco proper, and you never hear them poke fun at "lesser" locations like Buffalo.

It's the folks that are from NOWHERE that do it. So you'll find that it's pretty effective to fire back the question "Oh, where did you say YOU'RE from?". 9 times out of 10, they'll describe it as someplace "near" some other known location/city, and you've probably never heard of it. It's no surprise to find out this particular writer is from the hinterland's of NJ.

So just be happy we're from somewhere...

Old
11-26-2003, 08:27 AM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
I have faced this kind of attituded all the time living in MA and CA. There's an element out there that thinks it's amusing to poke fun at silly things like geographic places, but it really has more to do with the person being ashamed of where they're from. I've met folks that were born in places like NY, Chicago, Detriot and San Francisco proper, and you never hear them poke fun at "lesser" locations like Buffalo.

It's the folks that are from NOWHERE that do it. So you'll find that it's pretty effective to fire back the question "Oh, where did you say YOU'RE from?". 9 times out of 10, they'll describe it as someplace "near" some other known location/city, and you've probably never heard of it. It's no surprise to find out this particular writer is from the hinterland's of NJ.

So just be happy we're from somewhere...
So true. Remember Tim Dwight taking shots at Buffalo. That ***** was born and raised in Iowa.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:11 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Leave it to a Leaf fan to bring up this thread. Of course the worst poster of all the bad leaf fan posters too. I guess this proves they really do have lives.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
And I don't know about you guys but I love living here. The people here are unlike any other city's, the food is amazing, and prior to what most people feel, it's fun. You don't need a million bars (even though we do) or a gigantic mall (which we do too) or a bunch of other material crap to have fun in a small city like ours. As long as you're around a bunch of fun-loving, accepting people which our city is full of, then you can have a fantastic time just chillin with some friends and a case of Molson on the back porch.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:22 AM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
And I don't know about you guys but I love living here. The people here are unlike any other city's, the food is amazing, and prior to what most people feel, it's fun. You don't need a million bars (even though we do) or a gigantic mall (which we do too) or a bunch of other material crap to have fun in a small city like ours. As long as you're around a bunch of fun-loving, accepting people which our city is full of, then you can have a fantastic time just chillin with some friends and a case of Molson on the back porch.
Hell yeah!

Old
11-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Looks like she's stealing her material from Chris Stevenson.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:43 AM
NJDevs430

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittoheadd
...This is the reaction people get when they say stuff about a place they spent all of 5 minutes in...
I spent maybe five minutes in Buffalo a few years back...
I was touring NY State and I wanted to go to Buffalo, but it was very late and I was driving through the back streets trying to find myself. I eventually found my way out and stayed the night at a hotel outside of Buffalo on rte 77 (I forget the name of the town).
The next morning, I had to get going because I had a schedule to work against. But I did regret not having gone back to Buffalo.
Too bad people make judgments about cities and states based on a short time spent there or on reputation alone.
}:-(>
Someday, I'll get back to Buffalo.
Oh...and Sherry Ross is a hack who wishes she could be Larry Brooks.

PS - Buffalo wings RULE!! (just thought I'd add that)

Old
11-27-2003, 07:14 AM
KillToronto

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
"Chillin"?

Anyway, I am sure 'go pierre hedin' did not post the article with the intentions of ticking you off.

Also, that case of Molson you and your porch dwelling friends are drinking was probably brewed in Toronto.
Yes, Chillin. You have probably heard the word a million times unless you have some sort of problem in which you feel you are either too cool to use such a lame "teenage" word or you just pretend to have never heard it. Get over yourself.

And I'm sure 'go pierre the queer' did post it to piss us off. What would you say if I, 'KillToronto', posted some crap about your city in the Leaf forum. Of course he did, even if he comes on here later to deny he did.

And I know Molson is brewed in Canada. What does that go to do with anything. I don't have anything against the city. Just the Leafs and their fans.

Please don't troll on our boards like you do on the Kings and everyone else's boards, you gay-bashing, prejudice, ignorant *****.

Last edited by KillToronto: 11-27-2003 at 08:02 AM.

Old
11-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Terrier

Buffalo Better Than Exit 16W

Ridiculous. At least Buffalo is a city that cares enough about hockey to host an NCAA Frozen Four(coming to Boston in 2004). Sherry has to spend her evenings at the Meadowlands watching a boring Devils team that draws flies. Now THAT'S depressing!

Old
11-27-2003, 01:05 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
Yes, Chillin. You have probably heard the word a million times unless you have some sort of problem in which you feel you are either too cool to use such a lame "teenage" word or you just pretend to have never heard it. Get over yourself.

And I'm sure 'go pierre the queer' did post it to piss us off. What would you say if I, 'KillToronto', posted some crap about your city in the Leaf forum. Of course he did, even if he comes on here later to deny he did.

And I know Molson is brewed in Canada. What does that go to do with anything. I don't have anything against the city. Just the Leafs and their fans.

Please don't troll on our boards like you do on the Kings and everyone else's boards, you gay-bashing, prejudice, ignorant *****.
Umm... ya... why don't you stop calling people prejudice and ignorant when you're the only one who's being homophobic, prejudice, and ignorant?

Geez... I don't live my life as a "Leaf fan", it's not who I am... I don't see how you can have anything against Leaf fans, you obviously take it (hockey) too seriously.

Closed Thread