HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

theodore vs garon

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 07:04 PM
MrPicard

vCash: 500
theodore vs garon

Ok, I know this was discussed before, but I don't understand why people keep saying theodore retrieved his 2 years ago shape... He did not... Last year, Theodore combined these stats:

GAA: 2.90 SV%: .908

Everyone agree, it was an awfull year

In 2001-2002, year of the Vezina Hart trophees :

GAA: 2.11 SV% : 0.931

Everyone agree, it was a great year

ANd this year,
GAA : 2.35 SV% 0.916

That is an average season for him.... maybe we should try to play Garon instead of Theodore... Theodore is a great goalie, but he lacks in consistency... after a shootout, his stats are terrible...and Garons keeps showing interesting stats...maybe theodore could be the key for an important trade...

anyway

Old
11-25-2003, 07:06 PM
MrPicard

and tonite's stats :

GA : 5
SV% 0.875

and he was week on a few goals...

Old
11-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Wildbeliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPicard
...maybe theodore could be the key for an important trade...
Word of advice: lay low and don't post any trade ideas for the next couple of days... :p

Old
11-25-2003, 07:36 PM
habsfan19

stats don't mean all that much
Theo is capable of stealing games which is why he is #1
I think he is playing like he was 2 years ago

problem is the team in front of him

Old
11-25-2003, 08:05 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
and tonite's stats :

GA : 5
SV% 0.875

and he was week on a few goals...
No he wasn't. You just jump on the bandwagon. It would be hard to say any of those goals were his fault. Especially since 4 of the 5 goals was the blatant fault of a lazy defenceman, and the other was just a fluke.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Blackshad

I was at the game and Theodore was left alone all the time. Players in front of him were able to do whatever they wanted to do.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:51 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Blame the defense or lack there of it....not Theodore!

Unbiased Canadian

Old
11-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Go Habs Go

Theodore stood on his head during the first two periods, it's not his fault his team allowed Vancouver so many shots. You are quick to blame Theodore when the rest of the team is playing like an AHL team. As soon as we trade Theodore and he starts to shine, the same people who bash him now will bash the Habs for trading him. Why is it that everyday new threads pop up with the same stupid subject as the day before? Don't you people read and learn anything? Its this kind of garbage that everybody in the HFboard think Hab fans are complete morons.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
Theodore stood on his head during the first two periods, it's not his fault his team allowed Vancouver so many shots. You are quick to blame Theodore when the rest of the team is playing like an AHL team. As soon as we trade Theodore and he starts to shine, the same people who bash him now will bash the Habs for trading him. Why is it that everyday new threads pop up with the same stupid subject as the day before? Don't you people read and learn anything? Its this kind of garbage that everybody in the HFboard think Hab fans are complete morons.
Haha, owned

Old
11-26-2003, 04:56 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ok, I know this was discussed before, but I don't understand why people keep saying theodore retrieved his 2 years ago shape... He did not... Last year, Theodore combined these stats:

GAA: 2.90 SV%: .908

Everyone agree, it was an awfull year

In 2001-2002, year of the Vezina Hart trophees :

GAA: 2.11 SV% : 0.931

Everyone agree, it was a great year

ANd this year,
GAA : 2.35 SV% 0.916

That is an average season for him.... maybe we should try to play Garon instead of Theodore... Theodore is a great goalie, but he lacks in consistency... after a shootout, his stats are terrible...and Garons keeps showing interesting stats...maybe theodore could be the key for an important trade...

anyway
I agree... Theodore still has a huge upside therefore can bring exactly what Montreal needs in a trade. Garon is capable of playing as well as Theodore and his upside is also huge not to mention that he is a a year or 2 younger then Theodore. BG make that trade bring me Power Forward ie (Iginla / Doan type player) for x-mas!

Old
11-26-2003, 05:25 AM
MrPicard

viva naslund

Old
11-26-2003, 06:54 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
I agree... Theodore still has a huge upside therefore can bring exactly what Montreal needs in a trade. Garon is capable of playing as well as Theodore and his upside is also huge not to mention that he is a a year or 2 younger then Theodore. BG make that trade bring me Power Forward ie (Iginla / Doan type player) for x-mas!

why would you trade our only ticket to the playoffs this year

we alredy have a very hard time scoring goals, and the only reason we were even in the last 6 games were that theo stood on his head and spun in circles. it's not his fault that the d aren't clearing forwards from the net.

also, the goalie market is in a depression right now so even if we traded theo away, the return wouldn't be very good

also i believe that garon could carry the load of the games, it would be risky to do so without a good backup behind him.

and in order to get iggy we would also have to give up alot of youth and it would destroy our rebuilding phase

Old
11-26-2003, 07:15 AM
Joe Maximum

Let's not underestimate the fact that theo is a carreer slow starter, often struggling to find his groove in the first half. IMHO he will kick it up a notch at around mid december ( which might be the time we will see a trade )

Old
11-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Mats NAslund

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
why would you trade our only ticket to the playoffs this year

we alredy have a very hard time scoring goals, and the only reason we were even in the last 6 games were that theo stood on his head and spun in circles. it's not his fault that the d aren't clearing forwards from the net.

also, the goalie market is in a depression right now so even if we traded theo away, the return wouldn't be very good

also i believe that garon could carry the load of the games, it would be risky to do so without a good backup behind him.

and in order to get iggy we would also have to give up alot of youth and it would destroy our rebuilding phase
I don't dislike Theodore but the fact remains he is our best asset! You have to give something to get something! Theodore could arguably bring Montreal a Power Forward + in a package deal with let say Calgary. Let's say Montreal trades Hossa Theodore and a 2nd for Iginla Gauthier and Reinprect. This would solve Montreal offensive woes adds a solid blueliner making Brisebois Rivet and Quintal expendible for another trade and Montreal is still solid between the pipes with Garon. I'm not saying this will or could happen but what I'm trying to show you is that you have tio give something of value to get something of value. No team is going to give Montreal what they are looking for (power forward) for the likes of Perrault Audette. Montreal has great goaltending depth thus has the commodity to trade a goalie. Because Theodore has a higher value he's the one I'd trade. I feel Garon is not far from Theodore now and will be better if given the chance to start more games.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Blame the defense or lack there of it....not Theodore!

Unbiased Canadian
I agree. Many people seem to enjoy blaming the goalie for all of the bad games. Theodore needs help in front of him and when he does make the big saves to keep his team in the game, there are many times they can't even score.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:33 PM
Tuggy

That game on Tuesday may have finished 5-2 in Vancouver's favor but it was 2-1 after 2 periods and you want to know why.......THEODORE. I admit that his stats in this season from game to game may appear to be inconsistent but with a defense like that in front of him its hard to blame him. As mentioned already he is a slow starter. Even in his Hart/Vezina year he started out slow.

Teams are built around a goalie and trading Theo would be the stupidest thing that could be done and Bob ain't no idiot. So you can take your "trade Theodore" requests somewhere else because its not going to happen. We are still in the midst of a rebuilding period and it takes time and we are going to need Theo on many more nights to come when we get outshot 40-20.

Closed Thread