HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Avs vs Preds 11-11-06

Old
11-11-2006, 02:26 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
GDT Avs vs Preds 11-11-06

Zanon is recalled for tonight's game...they got the call while the Ads were on the bus home from Grand Rapids last night.....reportedly they got in at 4AM....so wonder how effective he will be with no sleep and already playing back to back games on Thursday and Friday........no explanation given on why he was recalled from the Preds side.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Zanon is recalled for tonight's game...they got the call while the Ads were on the bus home from Grand Rapids last night.....reportedly they got in at 4AM....so wonder how effective he will be with no sleep and already playing back to back games on Thursday and Friday........no explanation given on why he was recalled from the Preds side.
I have to imagine either a) Kimmo is hurting or b) Trotz is tired of Zids being a two way threat or c) Mikko Lehtonen had a migraine

Last edited by Joe T Choker: 11-11-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
whose in net tonight?

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 06:35 PM
dongod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
whose in net tonight?
read that mason is in

dongod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 10:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Mason with 42 saves and the shutout, good god!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

too bad the ice sucked tonight

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2006, 11:51 PM
PredDave

Just got home from the game.

It was nice to see Mason get a shutout and what a huge win for the Preds!

Both teams were a little sloppy in their own zone, but overall, I am just happy we got the two points and didn't give up a late goal forcing OT, etc...

Go Preds!!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 02:06 AM
preds418

Nice game tonight. Good to see another sellout and a nearly full arena.

Terrible start with 3 in the box early. Nice job with Sully creating a great chance short handed and creating a penality to negate the 5-3.

Not the best team effort out there but a win nonetheless. I was disappointed with the numerous penalties especially the delay of game penalties we had against us tonight.

Upshall had a nice game tonight back from his rash. He had good jump. Zids has been frustrating me lately. He has had numerous turnovers leading to odd man rushes and/or breakaways the past few games. I mostly see it when he fails to control the puck on the point and looses it behind him. Its like teams are keying on his weakness there because they are poking the puck behind him that is leading to breakaway chances. Its almost like I am seeing the exact same play every night with him losing control of the puck.

What can I say about Mase! Great job tonight! Congrats on NHL.com #1 star of the night!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Thre...e&service=page

preds418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 03:09 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Great game tonight. Nice crowd for the return home from our long road stretch. Mason looked calm throughout the night, got some breaks, and earned a shutout.

All three of Zidlicky's penalties occured because he stopped moving his feet and got caught flat-footed. He needs to worry a little less about trying to create a turnover and go the other way and worry more about keeping his feet moving, angling, and playing the body.

Zanon was our best defenseman tonight. Really looked like he was ready from the start, but his ice time increased throughout the night as he proved himself. I think it is Lehtonen's turn now to sit for a while and work his tail off in practice to be ready to take advantage of whenever his next opportunity comes to prove himself. One thing about Zanon that everyone in the arena should notice (regardless of where you sit) is that Greg never stops talking while he is on the ice. It is not trash-talking, but rather communicating with his teammates...especially the goalie and his defensive partner. I have noticed this in training camp the past two seasons and sitting up in 332 tonight I could hear him clear as day communicating even when he was at the far end of the rink. It is a great lesson for youth hockey players to watch...communicate with your teammates...it helps things run smoothly and keeps things relatively calm even when the other team has pressure on you.

Upshall was really flying around out there tonight and was rewarded with the only goal of the game. Scottie backchecked hard to create the turnover that eventually lead to his goal, kept his feet moving and got back across the ice to literally take the puck off of Zidlicky's stick in full-flight, carried the puck through the neutral zone with speed and fired a cannon that knuckled on Theodore and wound up the game-winner. I'm a little concerned that he will remain penalty prone due to his propensity to use his stick to play defense at times, but he got away with it tonight and hopefully he learns to keep his stick down.

To clarify if anyone was wondering what happened on the "unsportsmanlike" bench minor at the end of the game...Zanon lost his stick in our defensive zone, Erat gave Zanon his stick to play with, puck was cleared and Zanon was headed to the bench along with Erat when he tossed Erat's stick back to him (about five feet) and grabbed a new stick from the bench. The referee was standing right there and called the penalty because it is illegal to throw a stick to a player without one. Cheap call, but by the book. Overall, it was stupid for Zanon to do and I'm sure he will never do it again.

Also, did anyone else notice we had three alternate captains and a captain during the first period? Arnott was wearing the extra "A", but it was gone at the start of the second period. I'm sure it was purely an accident and he was wearing a jersey with an "A" sewn on it from when Sullivan missed those games last week with back spasms.

Overall, great night to be a Predators' fan!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
C-J Carlson

Aside from Chris Mason ("IMWT"), Greg Zanon played an excellent game. His verbal communication on the ice is evidence of a leader. He was the AHL Milwaukee Admirals captain, after all. Personally, however, I would have had him replace Marek Zidlicky rather than Mikko Lehtonen in the line-up. Zidlicky's defensive lapses have been pissing me off as well.

Anyhoo...

C-J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 01:56 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
That was a-Mason! He looked great. Like Dumont said in the paper Sunday, "Now that was a shutout."

None of this stop only 20 shots crap, Mason actually worked for his!

Anyone notice Colorado in their practice uniforms for warmups? Apparently, even though they came here from Colorado for a one game road trip, they couldn't get their game jersies to the arena with the team on time. It was kinda funny.

Great crowd. Hope they come back for weeknight games.

Upshall with a great goal. That was almost the exact spot that a few years ago Hamhuis took a shot that beat the Detroit goalie and we won 1-0. Upshall should have had 2 goals, but from where I was it looked like the puck rolled off his stick.

Stupid penalties. Great PK. Killing off the first 3 penalties set the tone for the whole game. And Sully almost scored a goal while we were down 2 men!

Zanon really did play great.

The guy Weber "fought" pulled the Mighty Ducks move. Stick...gloves...jersey.

I noticed we had 3 A's for the first period also. But I didn't notice that it was gone afterward.

Great to get the 2 points and the win. Back on the road again for Wednesday, at least it's only one game this time. Then we get 2 home games in a row! Some teams have already played their 10th home game, and our 10th home game isn't until December! Oh well, we're great anywhere we play!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 06:31 AM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Anyone notice Colorado in their practice uniforms for warmups? Apparently, even though they came here from Colorado for a one game road trip, they couldn't get their game jersies to the arena with the team on time. It was kinda funny.
Apparently, they were here for a few days and nobody noticed they forgot their jerseys.....they ended up having to charter a flight to fly them here.....the jerseys arrived at the GEC/HOP just before game time (6:55ish) They were fully prepared to delay the game until the jerseys arrived. Expensive mistake.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:28 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
Mason didnt gobble up any shots, but he did have excellent rebound control. He kicked every puck deep into the corners all night long, not a single one bounce back out into the slot.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:24 AM
braindead

I'm glad to here the reviews on Zanon. From my perspective he had a rough start. He looked like he was fighting the puck and rushing his decision-making on the first pass.

Mason was on his game and I loved his emotion when he was named the 1st star. Re-signing him was a great move, particularly given that he and TV get along so well. It also should pay dividends later in the year to actually use our backup goalie throughout the year.

The crowd was big but I thought quieter than usual-- too many people holding towels I guess. Of course it's harder to cheer at a 1-0 match than a taco match. Speaking of which, a few rows back from me near the end of the game I heard this exchange:

Guy: I wish we had gotten tacos.
Friend: Yeah but we've seen some really good hockey tonight and man is this an exciting finish.
Guy: Yeah but I really like those tacos......
^
^
^
(A clue: They sell them at Taco Bell every freakin day for less than a dollar. Scrape up some change from around the house and go get a fistfull sometime.)

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Olaf

First Star!!

Took the camera to the game and got this..

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote