HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Another Bflo/Toronto *Proposal*

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 10:03 AM
Kruschiki

vCash: 500
Another Bflo/Toronto *Proposal*

A few questions.

1. Where is Nik Antropov as far as injury (is he playing, going to play or injury prone)?

2. What would Toronto want in return?

Sabres need a big center. Toronto needs a two-way center and some D.

Would the leafs be interested in:

Brown/McKee + ??

For

Antropov + ??

Any other proposals for Antropov? Do the sabres even have anything the leafs need? Or will they never do business with Regeir after the Varada stuff?

Old
11-26-2003, 10:10 AM
DutchLeafsfan

Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
Nik should be back somewhere early december. He is currently recovering form a separated shoulder.

I would personally be hestitant to move Nik considering he is one of the few young forward players the Leafs had, so the return would have to be substantial...

Old
11-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Frolov

1) bflo? wtf

2) take cover....

Old
11-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
I'd say Antropov is the biggest "what if" in the NHL and that's why the Leafs can simply not afford to trade him.

You look at him and he's got the size, strength and skills to be a outstanding player in the NHL but then you've got questions such as speed and his rather long streak of bad luck with injuries. You would figure a guy with his frame would not have any real injury trouble but he constantly does. Then again, you would think a guy with his size would not be so graceful and skillful but he is.

If he ever gets lady luck on his side I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he turned out to be a point a game player so if I'm the Leafs I'm not trading him at all.

Also I wouldn't say the Leafs need a two way centre. We've got guys like Niewy who is well known for not only being a good faceoff man but knowing how to play in his own zone. Then you've got Stajan who has been so good on the defensive side of the puck that Quinn had his matching up again the Bertuzzi line for most of last game. If anything the Leafs need the wingers to be more reliable along the boards so the D can fire it around and get the puck out much easier.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:45 AM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
If anything the Leafs need the wingers to be more reliable along the boards so the D can fire it around and get the puck out much easier.
Hecht is really the only one that fit's that "need" on the sabres roster, and he's not going anywhere.

So leaf's fans don't see the need for a stay at home dmen?

Old
11-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
I'd say Antropov is the biggest "what if" in the NHL and that's why the Leafs can simply not afford to trade him.

You look at him and he's got the size, strength and skills to be a outstanding player in the NHL but then you've got questions such as speed and his rather long streak of bad luck with injuries.
These are just as good reasons to trade him as they are to keep him.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:25 AM
wasting time

[QUOTE=Savage]I'd say Antropov is the biggest "what if" in the NHL and that's why the Leafs can simply not afford to trade him.

QUOTE]

Because he is this "what if" Toronto can't trade him. No one really knows what kind of player he will become, so Toronto will get next to nothing for him as part of the risk premium.

He will be in Toronto for several years now and they will live with good or bad.

Personally, I think it is good.

These big guys - you just never know.

Bertuzzi to Vancouver
Leclair to Philadelphia
Pete Mahovlich to Montreal

or

Isbister to Edmonton
Gratton to Buffalo
Zubrus to Montreal

Not a risk I would be willing to take on either side of the deal.

Closed Thread