HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I find it stunning...

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 05:08 PM
FlavorFlav

vCash: 500
I find it stunning...

...how desperate we Habs fans are for a trade or any kind of shake up to happen.

I thought that there was a system problem when I saw 8,400 hits and a whopping 174 responses (and counting!!!) to the thread that screams "BIG TRADE TOMORROW"

Joe Paco, or whatever your name is who started the nonsense, my hats off to you. When absolutely nothing happens tomorrow, you will have single-handedly deceived a whole lotta people. Born every minute, I suppose.

Amazingly, people still fall for the old, "I know this guy, can't mention names, but this imaginary, figment of my invisible non-existant friend's imagination told to expect a blockbuster deal involving (insert controversial Hab player of the week here) for (insert top scoring power-forward on any other NHL team here).

You got us all good, my friend. 174 responses in about 12 hours from salivating fans.

Well done.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:19 PM
tipping point

I like to read those threads even though, as i mention in a thread below, i used to for at the bell center and brewing trade are kept secret like they where a matter of national security...which is very understandable. Don't know if you guys remember a poster named "le renard" (haven't seen him around in a while) but I think it was last year he called a trade 2 days before it happened (I can't remember the trade either...damn weed !). My point is that yes I read those threads knowing that 99% it's bs because as i said, rumors are not just floating aroung at the bell center. But it can happen: someone might have a legit "source", just like le renard did. I don't get excited, don't get my hopes up at all but if one of those "secret sources" posts ever materialize, i'll know i can trust the poster afterward.

Old
11-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Wildcat

Can any of the mods please explain to me why the "trade tomorrow" thread is still open? I haven't had a complaint so far, and I realize this is a discussion board but people don't deserve to wad thru this ****. Especially now that it's set a bad example to the younger one's that think it's funny to post spin off posts (Mr X).

There was absolutely nothing to discuss on that post. If the title was changed and atleast the position of one player being moved was mentioned I would have said keep it since there's something to discuss. I don't mind rumours posted that don't have reliable sources since they can make good discussions but they should meet certain criteria. Joepaco's post would not have made any of them and should be closed until this so called deal happens, then the thread can be re-opened and serve as the main thread to discuss the deal.

What ever happened to the quality over quantity thread...

My 2 cents...

(thank you Patty Roy!)

Old
11-25-2003, 05:24 PM
HABitual

The only sucker is Bob Gainey who thinks that this team can make the playoffs and that is good enough for him so he won't make any 'blockbuster' trade.

Bob Gainey's Grade: F-

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=61951

Old
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
The only sucker is Bob Gainey who thinks that this team can make the playoffs and that is good enough for him so he won't make any 'blockbuster' trade.

I think Bob just wants the rumors to die down a little bit. Rumors have a way to upset players. This team "could" make the playoff and he's right when he says so. But this doesn't mean he's not gonna try and give the team a little boost sometimes this season.

I think Bob might have bitten his lip after commenting that to aquire a scoring forward he would use his defensive depth. Media ('specially RDS) and fans were all over those comments analysing it under every angle possible. The rumor mill can't help negotiation for a trade, so everyone needed a cold shower. That's what he delivered this afternoon.

BTW, F- ? Come on now, you can fail, but not with a minus ...

Old
11-25-2003, 07:32 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual

Your post gets an A+ for your lack of stupidity on it!

#1 Gainey has been in for 20 games, lol, and you want a blockbuster. No way! Blockbusters happen like once or twice a year. Not 20 games into the season. Last one like that was the Guerin-Carter deal.

#2 He is spreading hope, this team has low spirits from very doubtful fans. If they had encouragment they would be better.

#3 You can't trade players in blockbusters when their struggling. He is waiting t'il one gets hot. Then all fans will be mad, but get over it quickly.

Listening to rumours is interesting, but I have learnt time and time again not to judge until you see the result, not to judge until you see it happen. I wish they would happen more, and have reliable sources, but deep down you know it ain't happening.

One dissapointed Habs fan here. Just after my long day ahead with all my stupid canuck fan friends!

Old
11-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Corey

Gainey is playing with a poor hand. No conceivable trade could put the Habs in the playoffs this season. There are at least nine better teams out there, and I don't count out some of the ones that are currently trailing the Habs.

Old
11-25-2003, 08:03 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I think Bob just wants the rumors to die down a little bit. Rumors have a way to upset players. This team "could" make the playoff and he's right when he says so. But this doesn't mean he's not gonna try and give the team a little boost sometimes this season.

I think Bob might have bitten his lip after commenting that to aquire a scoring forward he would use his defensive depth. Media ('specially RDS) and fans were all over those comments analysing it under every angle possible. The rumor mill can't help negotiation for a trade, so everyone needed a cold shower. That's what he delivered this afternoon.

BTW, F- ? Come on now, you can fail, but not with a minus ...

the rumour to die down ? wich rumour ? if you go to site rumours or on hochey site , you're going to realyse that the only rumour about a trde that was to come on thusday was here ...

Old
11-25-2003, 10:36 PM
8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorFlav
...how desperate we Habs fans are for a trade or any kind of shake up to happen.

I thought that there was a system problem when I saw 8,400 hits and a whopping 174 responses (and counting!!!) to the thread that screams "BIG TRADE TOMORROW"

Joe Paco, or whatever your name is who started the nonsense, my hats off to you. When absolutely nothing happens tomorrow, you will have single-handedly deceived a whole lotta people. Born every minute, I suppose.

Amazingly, people still fall for the old, "I know this guy, can't mention names, but this imaginary, figment of my invisible non-existant friend's imagination told to expect a blockbuster deal involving (insert controversial Hab player of the week here) for (insert top scoring power-forward on any other NHL team here).

You got us all good, my friend. 174 responses in about 12 hours from salivating fans.

Well done.
It happens maybe because the Habs fan want a big trade for so long... Remember the last time the habs had 2 all star players playing at the same time on the same line? Even when Recchi was still here, Koivu was always injured...

Old
11-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Gainey is playing with a poor hand. No conceivable trade could put the Habs in the playoffs this season. There are at least nine better teams out there, and I don't count out some of the ones that are currently trailing the Habs.
Bingo. Plus Savard acquired players who are untradeable. Audette, and his contract.. Perrault and his no trade clause.. Rivet's salary.. Juneau.. Brisebois' contract.. etc...etc...

BG couldn't make a move if he wanted to, Savard made all the players untouchable.

Old
11-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Marchy79

I admit I was excited with the oppurtunity... only because I would like to see what Bob Gainey would add to our growing Nucleus... and what it would have costed...

Add to this the obvious need to get rid of a few bodies from our organization... i.e. 1 RD, Traverse, Dykhuis etc.

Old
11-26-2003, 04:38 AM
kastaure

Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
To those who want this tread closed....

Hey guys...

You complains because there is too much post on the "Big Trade Tommorow" tread... then just dont read it...

People are having fun speculating about possibility and wishes... it's the fun of those boards...

Don't act as if this was Serious ****.. because it's not.. it's the Internet.. If you want to go into serious ****... then go study journalism for 4 years @ university then get a job and start to take yourself seriously...

Personnaly I like to read and participate in those discussion... it's reduce the time between "MONTREAL" (HF Editor) excellent articles... and some other interesting discussion of the following (Darz, Demon Blond, Mike8...)

Old
11-26-2003, 04:47 AM
Marchy79

I enjoyed the idea of the trade... but I think they were more pissed about the fact that people come in saying they have a pure source something is going down TODAY/TOMORROW and their anticipation/excitement makes them want to see it... only to have nothing come in to fruition... I know I checked in regularly all day yesterday to see if something happened. Personally I didn't mind cause I enjoyed debating anyways, but I can see their frustration.

Old
11-26-2003, 04:49 AM
BLONG7

Guys, you can't take everything on here so serious... some of the threads that contain the likes of I know a guy who knows a guy that heard that BG is gonna do this or that are sometimes quite funny, take it for what it's worth. These boards are entertaining and filled with ya-hoo's and some very intelligent people... and fans who sometimes can be both! Read and enjoy, don't get too stressed out, BG doesn't.

Old
11-26-2003, 05:25 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipping point
I like to read those threads even though, as i mention in a thread below, i used to for at the bell center and brewing trade are kept secret like they where a matter of national security...which is very understandable. Don't know if you guys remember a poster named "le renard" (haven't seen him around in a while) but I think it was last year he called a trade 2 days before it happened (I can't remember the trade either...damn weed !). My point is that yes I read those threads knowing that 99% it's bs because as i said, rumors are not just floating aroung at the bell center. But it can happen: someone might have a legit "source", just like le renard did. I don't get excited, don't get my hopes up at all but if one of those "secret sources" posts ever materialize, i'll know i can trust the poster afterward.
It was me...i changed my name for komi#1! Last year i announced the trade of Éric Chouinard to Philly!

Old
11-26-2003, 05:28 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
It was me...i changed my name for komi#1! Last year i announced the trade of Éric Chouinard to Philly!
Interesting
Did you happen to hear anything about a trade brewing this week?

Old
11-26-2003, 05:31 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Interesting
Did you happen to hear anything about a trade brewing this week?
NO

Old
11-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
NO
Well then I guess that settles it, no trade forecoming in Habsland for now

BTW I don't agree with Bob, that team is really still in consistancy learning mode and with the mediocre veteran presence we have like Audette, Rivet, and even if I kind of like him, Perreault, that learning is just stopped cold. Until we can get rid of the deadwood, one way or another (that means next summer when most of these contracts expire :p), the Habs will be crawling toward the light.. but not quite reach it.

I still stand on my preseason position, that team, even at full strength, will not make the playoffs, it's too inconsistant to earn it.

Closed Thread