HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frustrating !!

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 09:03 PM
cover_all_the_angles

vCash: 500
Frustrating !!

Ok. I dont mind trade rumors. Not everything you read is true and i dont know why everyone seems to think that every rumor is legit, even though 95% of the time it's bs. The media is bad enough in Montreal. I think the fans are really harsh and can be worse. EX:Brisebois.

Sometimes players get overly criticized and they lose confidence and focus. What makes things worse is how the fans seem to jump on the bandwagon and the players lose more confidence. You look around the other teams. The media is not as bad as it is here. I think us as fans should channel our support in a more positive then negative way. The media alone is depressing enough.

I agree with Gainey that this team has enough to make the playoffs and I dont know if they will be there. They got enough. Especially in the first 5-10 games of the season. We were dominant. I know fans harshly criticized Julien for playing the trap, and he's a good coach. He plays who he feels is best. Fans criticize him because he doesn't play the youngsters. OK. Let me ask you this Julien critics. Do you know anything about coaching ? Coaching alone in a professional level. Players development takes time and the worse thing is for the youngsters to lose confidence when their in a slump.

With him saying Ribeiro and Ryder has to be more consistant and Koivu and Zednik could give more. I agree with him too. Ribs and Ryder if they wanna become better players have to play more consistant game in and game out. Of course Koivu and Zed haven't been producing like they could.

I just think us as fans should lighten up on the team. Its not like we're the favorite to win the cup, and we arent' gonna win every game. But the playoffs are still reachable and the less distractions, the better the team will be. So dont try to act like you know how to run the team and who should be traded or who should be playing.

Oh yea. sometimes i feel some posters are in the media, because they seem to always wanna stir up contraversy and stuff. I dont got proof, but its just a hunch... you never know these days. But sometimes i wonder if the media and fans care for this team.

The playoffs are still in reach. I mean even though we're a few games under .500. I think wait and see how they do after Christmas, sometimes teams blossom together then. Look at Anaheim a last year and Vancouver a few years ago.

With all of this, Gainey is doing his best to keep the team focused, we should make the playoffs if they win more on a consistant basis.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:38 AM
BLONG7

These boards are way too negative after a loss, and way too upbeat after a win... the fans are gonna have to trust BG and give hin some time... BG is a better GM than the last couple we had...He will not give in to the media, and that in itself is a good thing!

Old
11-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover_all_the_angles
Ok. I dont mind trade rumors. Not everything you read is true and i dont know why everyone seems to think that every rumor is legit, even though 95% of the time it's bs. The media is bad enough in Montreal. I think the fans are really harsh and can be worse. EX:Brisebois.

Sometimes players get overly criticized and they lose confidence and focus. What makes things worse is how the fans seem to jump on the bandwagon and the players lose more confidence. You look around the other teams. The media is not as bad as it is here. I think us as fans should channel our support in a more positive then negative way. The media alone is depressing enough.

I agree with Gainey that this team has enough to make the playoffs and I dont know if they will be there. They got enough. Especially in the first 5-10 games of the season. We were dominant. I know fans harshly criticized Julien for playing the trap, and he's a good coach. He plays who he feels is best. Fans criticize him because he doesn't play the youngsters. OK. Let me ask you this Julien critics. Do you know anything about coaching ? Coaching alone in a professional level. Players development takes time and the worse thing is for the youngsters to lose confidence when their in a slump.

With him saying Ribeiro and Ryder has to be more consistant and Koivu and Zednik could give more. I agree with him too. Ribs and Ryder if they wanna become better players have to play more consistant game in and game out. Of course Koivu and Zed haven't been producing like they could.

I just think us as fans should lighten up on the team. Its not like we're the favorite to win the cup, and we arent' gonna win every game. But the playoffs are still reachable and the less distractions, the better the team will be. So dont try to act like you know how to run the team and who should be traded or who should be playing.

Oh yea. sometimes i feel some posters are in the media, because they seem to always wanna stir up contraversy and stuff. I dont got proof, but its just a hunch... you never know these days. But sometimes i wonder if the media and fans care for this team.

The playoffs are still in reach. I mean even though we're a few games under .500. I think wait and see how they do after Christmas, sometimes teams blossom together then. Look at Anaheim a last year and Vancouver a few years ago.

With all of this, Gainey is doing his best to keep the team focused, we should make the playoffs if they win more on a consistant basis.
DAMN GOOD POST!!!!!!

I agree 110%!!!!

Old
11-26-2003, 09:34 AM
habsfan19

the season is young my friends

anything and i mean anything can happen between now and the end of the season

Old
11-26-2003, 12:45 PM
8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cover_all_the_angles
(...) I agree with Gainey that this team has enough to make the playoffs and I dont know if they will be there. They got enough. Especially in the first 5-10 games of the season. We were dominant. I know fans harshly criticized Julien for playing the trap, and he's a good coach. He plays who he feels is best. Fans criticize him because he doesn't play the youngsters. OK. Let me ask you this Julien critics. Do you know anything about coaching ? Coaching alone in a professional level. Players development takes time and the worse thing is for the youngsters to lose confidence when their in a slump.

(...)

Gainey would never say of his team that they're crap but I can. Koivu is good but not great, he doesn't have even one other teammate that match his skills to play with. Our defense sucks, sorry but it is true, even with the good trap coaching of Julien we had over 30 shots in a lot of games against us. At least we have a good goaltender. You said that we were dominant for 5-10 games in the begining of the season? It was more like 2-5 games and even then we had one big hockey lesson by Ottawa in one of those. I would say the habs have dominated maybe once or twice since now this season.

Yes Gainey is right to ask more from Koivu and Zednik but I don't beleive he ask more constitancy from Ryder, come on it is his first season give him a break...

Sorry but I'm not with you. There is too much if and not enough certitude. There is too much overpaid slump players, not enough good leaders, and a system that provides no more goals than lasts seasons. I may not be a professionnal coach but this is clear that this team have poor assets and the chances are they will not make the playoff. I hope they will make it but I really doubt about it.

By the way, maybe there is no trade because other GM knows our players are crappy.

Closed Thread