HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I E-Mailed the Refs

Old
11-12-2006, 10:26 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I E-Mailed the Refs

Here's what I wrote:

Quote:
Hello,

I do not have a question, rather a complaint.

I am a fan of the Florida Panthers. I know you may have your opinion and that me being a fan of the "lowly Panthers" may not make my opinion important, I would still greatly appreciate you hearing me out. I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but I really hope someone does.

This season, much like others, has been a disgrace. I have reviewed quite a few of the games throughout the season, and there seems to be an obvious bias from the referees opposing the Panthers. You may be thinking that I'm "just biased towards my team", but I assure you that that is not the case. I have watched games over to see specific calls, and even the announcers disagree with a lot of calls.

Teams that are playing the Panthers have what seems to be immunity from all penalties, where as the Panthers' players are watched over like hawks, being called for outlandish things at certain points.

The facts speak for themselves. Florida has more penalty calls against them than any other team in the NHL. They also have less powerplay oppertunities than any other team in the league, even though they have played more games than most of them (18).

I do understand that Florida does take penalties. I've been watching and playing hockey since I was a child and I know how the game is, but when referees take full control of a game and deeply effect if a team wins or loses, than it has become a problem.

I doubt anyone will actually read this plea from a lowly Panther fan, but please gentleman, realize this. Hockey is a game of equality. We let all people from all countries from all backgrounds play this wonderful game. Let them play the game. Enough with the penalties already.

Thank you for your time

Sincerely,
Alex
I hope all of you will do the same.

I'm trying to do my part, now the players really have to do theirs.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Vintage93

Might help with a reference to specific calls... thats a pretty broad statement.

Vintage93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Mad Habber

Well if you just substitute Florida with Montreal, you'll see how Montreal fans feel also. Other teams get more PP against Montreal than Montreal does. Just count yourself lucky you don't have to play in Toronto 4 times a year with Dean Wharren as the senior referee for the game.

I think a lot of fans have the same complaint about the refereeing this year. Its just not consistent and it changes as the game is being played. A penalty in the first period is not necessarily a penalty in the 2nd or 3rd.

But I think both our teams are getting the shaft more often than not. At least with tonight's game, it's two teams that are in the same boat. The winner is probably going to be the one whose special teams perform the best tonight, because it sure doesn't look like we'll get too much 5 on 5 play.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote