HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

GDT: 11/13/06 Vote Or Skate Or Die - Capitals Vs. Panthers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-13-2006, 07:43 PM
  #26
HockeySS19
Registered User
 
HockeySS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Horton!

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 07:44 PM
  #27
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
1-1!

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 07:53 PM
  #28
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
We're playing a fairly decent game and we're being very disciplined (). It's a shame we got a few bad bounces.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 07:58 PM
  #29
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,042
vCash: 500
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????? How do they give Van Ryn a penalty there? There's no better proof as to how this team gets worked over by the refs! That was HORRIBLE!!!

:

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:13 PM
  #30
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Some really unlucky bounces. Let's hope we can win this in the 3rd.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
  #31
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
I missed the second period. Mommy duty called. *sigh*

At least we scored.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
  #32
HPanther
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Why can't we score!?!?!

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:45 PM
  #33
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
We are playing so solid!

Come on boys, tie it up!!!

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:53 PM
  #34
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Why is Comcast playing a bunch fo commercials? I lsot my damn game feed!!!!

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:55 PM
  #35
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
3-1.. ugh. Still shorthanded, too. But, there's still time..

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:57 PM
  #36
HockeySS19
Registered User
 
HockeySS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
3-1. Who cares that we dominated the game? I seriously don't anymore. I used to say 'we played well and deserved atleast a point,' but now that isn't my point of view anymore. Now I just expect us to lose the game when we go into it and if we win, great, I'm excited, but this team is not doing what it should be.

We played well against San Jose. We got nothing out of it. We played well against Washington, we got nothing out of it. I expect us to lose against Montreal and New York at home also. I wanted to go to the New York game because it's not going to be on TV again, but right now this team isn't worth it.

The new guy we called up though has apparently played pretty well.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
  #37
HPanther
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
worst team in the NHL right now... is it 1 win in 8 games?

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:00 PM
  #38
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Wow, Comcast blows.

We did play solid.

We freaking need a scoring winger. Games like this and the San Jose game proves that. What the hell is wrong with you Martin? SERIOUSLY.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:02 PM
  #39
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
I haven't actually been able to see it, just the radio, but it sounds like they've played a great game.. and they have what, 43 shots? They still have a remote chance if they can get down there and throw on a desperate flurry of shots, now.

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:06 PM
  #40
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
What the hell is wrong with Hfboards. The server's are retarded.

Martin better get off his *** and do something. If he plans to "sit and wait" with this team like he did with Ottawa, we better can his *** soon. He's not doing ****.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:07 PM
  #41
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
I don't know what else is left to say.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
  #42
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 50
There's nothing left to say.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:09 PM
  #43
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
this is a tough one to swallow, because they set the tempo all night long. Kolzig made 44 saves.. That's just the worst luck for these guys, but you have to give him credit for playing a stellar game. nevertheless, this one's a toughie.

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:12 PM
  #44
HPanther
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Finland
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
I wanna see trades!!!!
I wanna see changes NOW!
I wanna see this team win at least every third game!

I'm starting to think I won't even go to the Islanders game to see the Panthers live for the fifth time in my life as this team sucks so bad... trade JM!!!

HPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:15 PM
  #45
HockeySS19
Registered User
 
HockeySS19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gainesville, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta View Post
What the hell is wrong with Hfboards. The server's are retarded.

Martin better get off his *** and do something. If he plans to "sit and wait" with this team like he did with Ottawa, we better can his *** soon. He's not doing ****.
Yeah, where does all of that money go that the sponsers donate? You'd think they'd get enough money to get some decent servers.

And as I just posted in the trade proposal thread with Phoenix, a trade, though not necessarily with the players proposed in that thread, is something that I think might help. I think an ideal trade would be get rid of some of the habitual penalty-takers and bring in some consistent speedy scorers. Something like that probably won't happen, but it'd be nice. Less penalties, more scoring.

Martin plays a defensive style, right? Well where's the defense? I surely don't see it. Where's our offense? I surely don't see that, either. Plus I just can't picture Martin yelling at someone to do something on the ice.. I mean I watch him speak English and just laugh. (but I like it, it's funny )

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:29 PM
  #46
Lauser3*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Miami, Florida
Country: Nicaragua
Posts: 2,397
vCash: 500
We did not take advantage of the PP opportunities tonight and Washington outplayed us where it mattered most...on the scoreboard. We had numerous opportunities but the bounces were just not going our way tonight. A lot of stuff was let go by the refs but we still keep taking bad penalties at inopportune times...2 delay of game penalties in a row by Bouw and Allen...with them scoring on the first PP. Unacceptable. Larman played well although it was a pretty sloppy game. I must add that Ovechkin is flat out awesome...the kid can do it all. I believe the phantom call on Van Ryn was a result of Ovechkin just dominating him to the puck and MVR taking his hand off his stick. Mezei hit/high-sticked Ovechkin late in the 1st period which went uncalled and Mez had a target the rest of his game. Brashear flat out challenged him and Mezei looked like he was going to take a dump in his pants. Montador (smartly) skated away from Brashear when he was challenged after checking a Cap. Erskine worked over Gelinas tonight too. So other teams are adding toughness while JM is waiting for what exactly? For Jokinen to get hurt?

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 11:11 PM
  #47
timetraveler023
Unregistered User
 
timetraveler023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauser3 View Post
Brashear flat out challenged him and Mezei looked like he was going to take a dump in his pants.
aw, I didn't get to see that because I only listened to the radio.. but, that makes it sound like when I suggested he be our enforcer, the only thing he'd enforce is stock in Charmin.

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 11:18 PM
  #48
PanthersRule96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauser3 View Post
We did not take advantage of the PP opportunities tonight and Washington outplayed us where it mattered most...on the scoreboard. We had numerous opportunities but the bounces were just not going our way tonight. A lot of stuff was let go by the refs but we still keep taking bad penalties at inopportune times...2 delay of game penalties in a row by Bouw and Allen...with them scoring on the first PP. Unacceptable. Larman played well although it was a pretty sloppy game. I must add that Ovechkin is flat out awesome...the kid can do it all. I believe the phantom call on Van Ryn was a result of Ovechkin just dominating him to the puck and MVR taking his hand off his stick. Mezei hit/high-sticked Ovechkin late in the 1st period which went uncalled and Mez had a target the rest of his game. Brashear flat out challenged him and Mezei looked like he was going to take a dump in his pants. Montador (smartly) skated away from Brashear when he was challenged after checking a Cap. Erskine worked over Gelinas tonight too. So other teams are adding toughness while JM is waiting for what exactly? For Jokinen to get hurt?

Agreed, this team has to be the worst team in the NHL to watch aside from the New Jersey Devils. No wonder I almost fell asleep watching whenever they play NJ. Anyways, this team does absolutely nothing. No scoring, nothing. No good passing. Roberts BLOWS, Nieuwendyk needs to retire, so does Roberts. The only decent players on this team are Bouwmeester, Salei, and Jokinen, and even Olli is playing well below average. We have no playmaking skilled winger. I'm starting to sour on Olesz as well or maybe that's just because he doesn't get played nearly enough. Idk why GELINAS is on the PP, Gelinas has absolute hands of rock, same with Roberts. Kiwi shows hands of butter compared to those two. I'm sick of nonstop cycling down low, we see it entirely too much. Sure good teams cycle but you see goals scored OFF THE RUSH now. We don't HAVE rushes, it's really the most frustrating team to watch. I watched Pitts tonight, see, they rebuild right, of course we've been bad as long as they have and we're still terrible. Bertuzzi would help, I don't deny it but Jokinen and Bertuzzi won't get it done. Hurting Weiss hurts a lot. We need a Ladislav Nagy/Marty Havlat/Gaborik/speedy winger on our team who can make plays and bring excitement. Just like the last major franchise player trade when we dealt Bure away for nothing and watched this franchise spiral downwards almost endlessly, the Luongo trade looks the same too. Got very little. Auld is good but he's no Marc-Andre Fleury type potential franchise goalie. Frolik is our only decent prospect. Stewart is a bust, McArdle is just another 3rd line player like everyone else on this team who can bring energy but can't score. The farm team is awful, the main team isn't anything either. So in free agency if we don't sign some big names to make up for Bertuzzi then it looks as if this team will be nothing. Who else has been bad as long as we have? Pitts is coming out of it, CBJ is too, Chicago ehhh, well they at least got Havlat and Ruutu and young players coming up. But Olesz (future Jagr) has no offense. Horton is too inconsistent. If we had done things right we'd have Jay Bouwmeester, Eric Staal, Alexander Semin (was best player available but we drafted by need Taticek), Luongo, Krajicek, Weiss, (I won't give up on Olesz and his offense, maybe oneday but Anze Kopitar was a very feasible pick at that spot too). Bouwmeester, Staal, Semin, Weiss, Kopitar, Krajicek and Luongo. Different look for sure. Hindsight is pointless but Horton over Staal when Staal was projected to be better (although no one had any idea that he'd be THAT good). Regardless, developing players as well is a big role as well in development, Olesz isn't being developed well IMO, it's hurting, we won't win as long as we don't EVER score!

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 11:32 PM
  #49
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,010
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
Agreed, this team has to be the worst team in the NHL to watch aside from the New Jersey Devils. No wonder I almost fell asleep watching whenever they play NJ. Anyways, this team does absolutely nothing. No scoring, nothing. No good passing. Roberts BLOWS, Nieuwendyk needs to retire, so does Roberts. The only decent players on this team are Bouwmeester, Salei, and Jokinen, and even Olli is playing well below average. We have no playmaking skilled winger. I'm starting to sour on Olesz as well or maybe that's just because he doesn't get played nearly enough. Idk why GELINAS is on the PP, Gelinas has absolute hands of rock, same with Roberts. Kiwi shows hands of butter compared to those two. I'm sick of nonstop cycling down low, we see it entirely too much. Sure good teams cycle but you see goals scored OFF THE RUSH now. We don't HAVE rushes, it's really the most frustrating team to watch. I watched Pitts tonight, see, they rebuild right, of course we've been bad as long as they have and we're still terrible. Bertuzzi would help, I don't deny it but Jokinen and Bertuzzi won't get it done. Hurting Weiss hurts a lot. We need a Ladislav Nagy/Marty Havlat/Gaborik/speedy winger on our team who can make plays and bring excitement. Just like the last major franchise player trade when we dealt Bure away for nothing and watched this franchise spiral downwards almost endlessly, the Luongo trade looks the same too. Got very little. Auld is good but he's no Marc-Andre Fleury type potential franchise goalie. Frolik is our only decent prospect. Stewart is a bust, McArdle is just another 3rd line player like everyone else on this team who can bring energy but can't score. The farm team is awful, the main team isn't anything either. So in free agency if we don't sign some big names to make up for Bertuzzi then it looks as if this team will be nothing. Who else has been bad as long as we have? Pitts is coming out of it, CBJ is too, Chicago ehhh, well they at least got Havlat and Ruutu and young players coming up. But Olesz (future Jagr) has no offense. Horton is too inconsistent. If we had done things right we'd have Jay Bouwmeester, Eric Staal, Alexander Semin (was best player available but we drafted by need Taticek), Luongo, Krajicek, Weiss, (I won't give up on Olesz and his offense, maybe oneday but Anze Kopitar was a very feasible pick at that spot too). Bouwmeester, Staal, Semin, Weiss, Kopitar, Krajicek and Luongo. Different look for sure. Hindsight is pointless but Horton over Staal when Staal was projected to be better (although no one had any idea that he'd be THAT good). Regardless, developing players as well is a big role as well in development, Olesz isn't being developed well IMO, it's hurting, we won't win as long as we don't EVER score!


JM better realize where this team is going, or he better get the can. His coaching is not what we need. This team needs more skill and less grit.

Anyone know who the free agents are next year?

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 11:46 PM
  #50
Foy
Registered User
 
Foy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 20,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauser3 View Post
Hopefully our team toughness can offset that of Washington's Donald Brashear, John Erskine, Chris Clark, Matt Bradley, Brian Sutherby, Bryan Muir, etc...
please please please PLEASE tell me you didn't call Bryan Muir a tough physical player. He's softer than a wet paper towel.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.