HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are your Oiler lines?

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Rafters

vCash: 500
What are your Oiler lines?

With Oates about to draw into the line up and Stoll playing a very good two way game right now the line combos for MacT are endless. The Oiler are deep up front with NHL talent for the first time in years, even without little Mikey, so why not take a crack at MacT's lineup that first time we see Oates in Oiler silks or try to figure out the line up after Reasoner and Oates are playing. We all know that there are no set lines when MacT is involved and he seems to shake things up for fun sometimes but why not give it a try. MacT usually roles all 4 lines and rewards those playing well with pp time, there is no defined top line but the best line that night gets the most ice-time and is therefor the top line that night,the way I see it is the Oilers have the components for 4 very good lines that MacT could roll out against any team in the league at any situation in the game. No need to mention the defensive pairing since we all know MacT's or Huddy's preference there. So here is my attempt:

Torres-York-Dvorak
Chimera-Oates-Smyth
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Isbister-Stoll-Hemsky

or without Reasoner:
Isbister-Stoll-Hemsky
Moreau-Horcoff-Pisani
Smyth-Oates-Laraque
Torres-York-Dvorak

For a little more fun why not let us all know what playerst you would like to see Comrie traded for and please try to keep it realistic

Old
11-25-2003, 09:10 PM
OilerMania83

Torres-York-Dvorak
Smyth-Oates-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Isbister-Stoll- FILLER

Old
11-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
Torres-York-Dvorak
Smyth-Oates-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Isbister-Stoll- FILLER

Agree 100%. This roster adds the necessary components of a hockey team. 2 scoring line - 1 checking line - and a good energy line. The other lines posted seem to split everyone up into non recognizable units. 4 average lines at best. This roster really has a nice definition and to me boasts a very real shot at competitiveness.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:32 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerMania83
Torres-York-Dvorak
Smyth-Oates-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Isbister-Stoll- FILLER
I am thinking along the same lines, with "filler" being Salmo. Send BG with Comrie for a good return(hopefully the return being a top 4 defender). Horcoff has been passed already on the depth chart by Stoll, he could also be dealt IMO.

Old
11-25-2003, 10:50 PM
dem

Imagine if we could get Comrie back on the team. We could have 3 pretty good scoring lines.

Stupid Mikey

Old
11-25-2003, 10:59 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Imagine if we could get Comrie back on the team. We could have 3 pretty good scoring lines.

Stupid Mikey
Smyth-Comrie-Hemsky
York-Oates-Dvorak
Torres-Reasoner-Moreau
Isbister, Stoll, Pisani, Salmelainen, Laraque, Chimera

Isn't that SICK?!?! Move some depth for a defenceman whoa....

Old
11-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

either way you slice it, horcoff, chimera and laraque are hard pressed to make the line up on a regular basis. when we are healthy and hopefully stay healthy i dont see anymore then 1 of the above 3 getting to play in any game, chimera has been surpassed by torres depth wise, stoll has stolen horcoff's spot and laraque is splitting his duties with salmo. i think that you guys have the right idea with your line-ups.

I originally didnt like Izzy on the 4th line, but if he is playing with Stoll then they can still produce. Here's my lines.

Torres-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Oates-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Smyth-Stoll-Salmo/Laraque

as long as isbister outplays smytty, then he should be rewarded with the oppertunity. and if we could trade comrie and get someone to replace Salmo/Laraque, then we could have 3 #1 lines.

my pp units:
Torres-Oates-Dvorak
Bergeron-York

Smyth-Stoll-Hemsky
Brewer-Staois

Old
11-26-2003, 04:46 AM
Oilersyul89

Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
with Reasoner:

Smyth-Oates-Salmo
Torres-York-Dvo
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Issy-Stoll-Hemsky

The reason for this is because clearly, Issy-Hemmer-Stoll have instant chemistry..plus Stoll is so responible def that he covers for the other 2.

Torres-York-Dvo are the 2nd line we have been looking for, for years.

RPM - nuff said

Smyth-Oates-Salmo - Salmo has proved he belongs in the NHL. With his speed can you imagine Oates feeding him on the wing. Smytty doing the dirty wok in the corners!!!

Old
11-26-2003, 04:54 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
With Reasoner.

No matter what, i say Smyth belongs on the 1st line.

Smyth Oates Hemsky - maybe not right away, but eventually this will be a line

Torres - York - Dvorak - Score goals every game, a bonifide 2nd line !!

Pisani - Reasoner - Moreau - RPM, as they go, the Oilers will follow.

Isbister - Stoll - filler - Sorry to steal the filler spot, but it works. Izzy and stoll have some chemistry, they can fly with selmo or crash and bang with laraque or chimera, what else do you really need form a fourth line.

Old
11-26-2003, 05:42 AM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy
With Reasoner.

No matter what, i say Smyth belongs on the 1st line.

Smyth Oates Hemsky - maybe not right away, but eventually this will be a line

Torres - York - Dvorak - Score goals every game, a bonifide 2nd line !!

Pisani - Reasoner - Moreau - RPM, as they go, the Oilers will follow.

Isbister - Stoll - filler - Sorry to steal the filler spot, but it works. Izzy and stoll have some chemistry, they can fly with selmo or crash and bang with laraque or chimera, what else do you really need form a fourth line.
the above is the correct lineup, id almost be willing to bet on it.... smyth *will* be on the 1st line, especially once he gets to his real position and has a legit Cman..... the york line will not be broken up anytime soon, nor will the RPM line which macT is in love with... the 4th line is the only real line that might have juggling to be done on it, and that will only be done if stoll somehow starts playing like crap

Old
11-26-2003, 05:48 AM
LawnDemon

the top three lines should have a grinder, a playmaker, and a shooter. makes for solid balance and an even attack. it's all about keeping the attack roling in waves with the fourth line banging and crashing.

smyth (grinder) - york (shooter) - hemsky (playmaker)
***provides solid balance and keeps oates/hemsky appart. seriously, why would you put two pure passers on the same line? bad idea people. york and hemsky would be pure magic together.

torres (grinder) - oates (playmaker) - dvorak (shooter)
*** oates setting these two guys up? very nice! this line would dominate with dvorak carrying the puck, dropping to oates, and then oates dishing off to one of the wingers for the one-timer while the other drives to the net. beauty!

moreau (shooter) - reasoner (playmaker) - pisani (grinder)
*** best checking line in hockey. 'nuff said.

isbister (grinder) - stoll (grinder) - chimera (grinder)
*** talk about size! if these guys play like they can this line would dominate the ice. constant forecheck and drive to the net.

pressbox/trade/farm: sarno, horcoff, salmo, rita, laraque

using comrie and/or horcoff and/or laraque i think the oilers could get a very good defenseman and a checking center so that stoll can move up in the lineup for the playoffs and next season (with oates gone).

Old
11-26-2003, 05:51 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
I don't think we will see the Izzy-Stoll-Hemsky line broken up any time soon.

It really is a perfect line... Stoll is a solid 2 way player, Hemsky is the puck mover, and Izzy is the crasher. Hemsky can basically bounce the puck in off Izzy and Stoll all game long, or do what he did yesterday, let Isbister take it hard to the net and Hemsky can knock it home.

Old
11-26-2003, 05:55 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Here's mine

Smyth - Oates - Lupul/Frolov/Chistov - if we don't get them then Chimmer
Torres - York - Dvorak
Isbister - Stoll - Hemsky
Moreau - Reasoner/Horcoff - Pisani

3 scoring lines and the best checking line in the game. I still think that Chimmer is just going through his sophomore slump. He will turn it around eventually, he has all the tools, he hits and skates and can score. He did get 15 last year, and with Oates feeding him?

Just roll the top 3 and let the 4th get out there for energy/checking. Just roll all 4 with pretty much equal ice time. Those lines look GREAT to me..

Closed Thread