HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predator Prospect Updates

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
GlueleG

vCash: 500
What's happened to Ryan Maki? He's no longer on the Admirals' active roster.

Old
02-23-2008, 09:04 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
This could go either here or in the media thread, but Preds prospect Blake Geoffrion was on Sportscenter today as the 7th or 8th top play. He had a big hit on a Golden Gopher.

Old
02-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
This could go either here or in the media thread, but Preds prospect Blake Geoffrion was on Sportscenter today as the 7th or 8th top play. He had a big hit on a Golden Gopher.
the term destroyed doesn't really cover what happened with that hit ... Pierre probably would have named him a monster performer for that hit alone

Old
02-25-2008, 12:30 AM
habs1988

Hey guys,

I'm in a keeper league and it's almost time to draft. I need your help on Pihlstrom, Vigilante, Peverley, Santorelli and Smith.

What are their upside ? Potential in NHL? Downside? Well, all about their future and etc..

Thanks!

Old
02-27-2008, 01:02 AM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm in a keeper league and it's almost time to draft. I need your help on Pihlstrom, Vigilante, Peverley, Santorelli and Smith.

What are their upside ? Potential in NHL? Downside? Well, all about their future and etc..

Thanks!
Which one? Mark or Mike?lol

Mark is tearing it up this year in the WHL...90pts in 63 games the kid has huge skill see him play a lot.since the Chilliwack Bruins is very close to Vancouver

Old
02-29-2008, 03:02 AM
Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
To sum it up, I don't think anyone needs to be too worried about his lack of point production yet. If he was playing badly otherwise, I'd be worried myself.
I am not worried about him either, although he has not yet lived up to those expectations I had about his progress. He has offensive potential, but that has been pretty much hidden this season. I would like to see more self-confidence and bravery in participating to the attacks.

Old
02-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
I would like to see more self-confidence and bravery in participating to the attacks.
Yep, that's exactly the biggest lack in his game at the moment. That, and positioning in the offensive zone, although at the moment it wouldn't even help if he positioned himself better in the zone as HIFK's forwards rarely pass the puck to anyone, even if they're open. They just pass it to each other behind the net and along the boards...

Laakso did set a new career high in points, although by just one point (with 3 games to go) playing less minutes than last year as well (even though he plays second most out of all defenders on his team this season, last season he played more because the team was even more plagued by injuries than this season).

Like I said before, he's not having a poor season by any standards (has been on the positive side of the +/- stat for almost all of the season, despite the teams crappy start, even leading the team for months until the forwards on the second line passed him after Ryan Vesce hit his hot streak), just that a lot of people expected him to be more of a "factor" and more noticeable and maybe put up more points as well. But he rarely makes bad mistakes, mostly due to playing (overly) cautiously, but at least he's defensively responsible, unlike most other guys on the team. And being paired up with a rookie d-man who's all over the place, it's hard to be disappointed with his performance, despite the lack of offensive production.

Old
03-05-2008, 02:59 AM
matys

Cal O´Reilly has been named the AHL Player of the Month

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/in...rticle_id=8445

Old
03-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Preds Top 10 THN Prospects

(33) 1 Cody Franson
(48) 2 Jonathan Blum
3 Pekka Rinne
4 Alexander Sulzer
5 Patric Hornqvist
6 Teemu Laakso,
7 Antti Pihlstrom,
8 Mike Santorelli
9 Jeremy Smith
10 Nick Spaling

Quote:
the Predators did receive a +9 score in the publication's leveling system (a comparison of the team prospect ranking to the team's average draft position over the past four drafts), the sixth best score in the league.

Old
03-08-2008, 10:08 AM
lstcyr

Just out of curiosity did they rate Ryan Parent higher or lower than Franson? I'm curious as to whether Poile made the right choice in who to trade last year.

Old
03-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Just out of curiosity did they rate Ryan Parent higher or lower than Franson? I'm curious as to whether Poile made the right choice in who to trade last year.
they rated Franson higher ... Parent came in at # 38

Old
03-17-2008, 10:37 AM
DubBruinsFan

Mark Santorelli finished the regular season yesterday with a total of 27 goals and 74 assists, for 101 points - just beating out Kelowna's Colin Long (100 pts.) for the Bob Clarke Trophy for the WHL's leading scorer!

Old
03-19-2008, 04:43 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

How is John Blum doing?

What is his potential? Thanks..

Old
03-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Panopticon

Teemu Laakso has been invited to the Team Finland WHC preparation camp. He's in pretty good company with NHL "veterans" Aki Berg and Ossi Väänänen and WHC/EHT "veterans" Pekka Saravo and Antti-Jussi Niemi, but will not likely make the team as 4 teams are still playing in SM-liiga, the NHL regular season in progress and I think they're still playing in Swedish and Swiss leagues too. His brother told me that the coaches had told him "you never know", but I'd still say his chances of making the team are closer to 0.1% than 1%.

I think it still says something that he's even been invited despite him only being 54th among D-men in scoring in SM-liiga this season.

Here's the full roster:
http://www.finhockey.fi/taustasivut/...to/?num=346968

He also lead his team in ice time in the playoffs, which also says something (he was also still wearing the A). Especially when you're the youngest d-man on your team you get more ice time than a guy who was 4th among d-men in scoring in the regular season (and without missed games could've even lead all d-men in scoring).

EDIT: They play against Latvia on April 4th. The next camp starts on April 7th, so the cuts and additions will most likely be made on the 5th or the 6th.

Last edited by Panopticon: 03-27-2008 at 04:39 AM.
Old
04-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Franson in at # 21

Old
04-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

Preds Prospect Cody Franson Named to AHL All-Rookie Team http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=358929

Old
04-10-2008, 12:10 PM
SpItFiReZ

How has Ryan Flynn been doing in Minnesota for those who know? Will he leave Minnesota early to come to Nasvhille? Will Nashville even be signing him?

Old
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

WOW ... Ryan Thang went roof daddy for his goal tonight on Michigan ... just a sweet shorthanded goal for the Irish

Old
04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Preds 2007 draftees Ryan Thang and Ben Ryan will be competing for the NCAA Championship Saturday evening at the Frozen Four as Notre Dame upsets Michigan in OT to advance to the finals!!!

Old
04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Gnashville
Playoff losers

I was really impressed with Thang last night he played a great 2-way game esp on the PK. Hoping he plays for the Preds some day. If only to see the clip of Rick Vaughn coming out of the pen to "Wild Thang" at Preds games.

Old
04-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
I was really impressed with Thang last night he played a great 2-way game esp on the PK. Hoping he plays for the Preds some day. If only to see the clip of Rick Vaughn coming out of the pen to "Wild Thang" at Preds games.
I really like Thang's battle level. His willingness and desire to go to the areas where you have to fight to win the puck. The areas of the ice where you have to fight not only to enter, but even moreso to stay. He has the mindset that those are the areas he needs to compete in to play at the top of his game and his has the physical skills to battle there and succeed. The primary area he needs to work on is his skating, which is average at best IMO (granted I've only watched him on TV), but the rest of his game appears to be there and with his desire to compete, I believe he will make a hell of a case to crack the NHL roster in the not too distant future.

Old
04-12-2008, 12:12 AM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=9286

Mark Santorelli singed entry level contract!

Old
04-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster81 View Post
http://www.whl.ca/news/?id=9286

Mark Santorelli singed entry level contract!
Great news!!!!

04-12-2008, 11:02 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I really like Thang's battle level. His willingness and desire to go to the areas where you have to fight to win the puck. The areas of the ice where you have to fight not only to enter, but even moreso to stay. He has the mindset that those are the areas he needs to compete in to play at the top of his game and his has the physical skills to battle there and succeed. The primary area he needs to work on is his skating, which is average at best IMO (granted I've only watched him on TV), but the rest of his game appears to be there and with his desire to compete, I believe he will make a hell of a case to crack the NHL roster in the not too distant future.

Sounds like a scouting report of a young Tomas Holmstrom, no?

Old
04-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Sounds like a scouting report of a young Tomas Holmstrom, no?
Holmstrom and Franzen are in a different class due to their size and strength. Thang is not as big and as such...not as strong.

Closed Thread