HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

hamilton update

Old
11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
hamilton update

Not sure if this was posted on the weekend , problems with getting access to this site on the weekend.

I was at the game on Saturday afternoon between the Marlies and our Bulldogs.

I will only comment on the players worth mentioning.

Dagostini, Milroy, and Lapierre , all showed good hustle , have decent skating, and defensive skills. They all look like possibly depth roles with the habs , 3rd-4th line
role players.

Grabovski and Obyrne , i was very impressed . Grabs has great speed , good smarts , played hard and has that feel at center you can`t teach . He sees the ice well , and is a superior skater to te departed Ribiero. Where he fits into this team , is interesting . He isn`t big, but needs a pure finisher , he is a solid passer.
I don`t think he and Koivu can it at # 1 or # 2 , on this team , but he surprised me with his talent.
Obyrne , i think we found Rivet`s eventual replacement . He is huge , skated nearly as well as Komisarek, doesn`t panic, good positioning , he could be ready for a 5th 6th job with us next year .
KOSTISTYN - FINALLY BOB HE IS UP , he has no business in the minors. Like i said before the Samsonov signing was stupid , a waste of money , if he had the ice time of Sergei , he surely would have 4 friggin goals now. He has that feel you cant teach , great wheels, balance , play him for Pete`s sake. We can argue all you want
about he doesn`t deserve it or he hasn`t earned it but there is no way Lats deserves top line over Kosty . The bottom line is , we are having a tough time scoring , and HE MIGHT BE A GOAL SCORER ONE day , Lapierre WILL NEVER BE A SCORER , The longer we keep him in Hamilton , the lower his value is. Bring him up and give a job on a top 2 line , not a cup of coffee with Begin .
Chipchura was solid , does all well nothing great , but WE HAVE OUR # 3 CENTER
ready for next year , Thanks Bonk but bye , bye. He is strong, kills penalties , works the corner s well ,and has solid defensive skills, a lock for next year .

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Since nobody else has said it yet: thanks for the info!

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 02:56 PM
NewBlood

What about Côté? With Dandenault and Bouillon back soon, we might not need him for a while but is he well restablished from his injury?

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 03:11 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlood View Post
What about Côté? With Dandenault and Bouillon back soon, we might not need him for a while but is he well restablished from his injury?
I based my notes on who has a decent chance of playing some day , Cote I think
is way down the ladder from Obyrne. Cote might be that 6th-7th fill in if we have a
rash of injuries , but Obyrne has the making of a solid # 4 dman , something like Komi now.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 03:35 PM
fatmax

Thanks for the info geeman!

However, I thought that Ferland was close to a spot with the big club on the 4th line this year at camp, but it seems that he is not producing in the AHL. I know he wasn't to happy with the Habs decision to send him back in the minor and I wonder if he's still angry about this and that is poor statds reflect his negative attitude or if he works hard every night but stats just don't reflect his work? What did you think of him when you saw him on saturday?

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
Thanks for the info geeman!

However, I thought that Ferland was close to a spot with the big club on the 4th line this year at camp, but it seems that he is not producing in the AHL. I know he wasn't to happy with the Habs decision to send him back in the minor and I wonder if he's still angry about this and that is poor statds reflect his negative attitude or if he works hard every night but stats just don't reflect his work? What did you think of him when you saw him on saturday?
This speculation is completely out of left field as nobody expected Ferland to make the club out of training camp.

He's a 4th liner that hits like a mack truck and chips in the odd goal, and from what I hear that's exactly what he's doing in Hamilton. What exactly were you expecting from him?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
Not sure if this was posted on the weekend , problems with getting access to this site on the weekend.

I was at the game on Saturday afternoon between the Marlies and our Bulldogs.

I will only comment on the players worth mentioning.

Dagostini, Milroy, and Lapierre , all showed good hustle , have decent skating, and defensive skills. They all look like possibly depth roles with the habs , 3rd-4th line
role players.

Grabovski and Obyrne , i was very impressed . Grabs has great speed , good smarts , played hard and has that feel at center you can`t teach . He sees the ice well , and is a superior skater to te departed Ribiero. Where he fits into this team , is interesting . He isn`t big, but needs a pure finisher , he is a solid passer.
I don`t think he and Koivu can it at # 1 or # 2 , on this team , but he surprised me with his talent.
Obyrne , i think we found Rivet`s eventual replacement . He is huge , skated nearly as well as Komisarek, doesn`t panic, good positioning , he could be ready for a 5th 6th job with us next year .
KOSTISTYN - FINALLY BOB HE IS UP , he has no business in the minors. Like i said before the Samsonov signing was stupid , a waste of money , if he had the ice time of Sergei , he surely would have 4 friggin goals now. He has that feel you cant teach , great wheels, balance , play him for Pete`s sake. We can argue all you want
about he doesn`t deserve it or he hasn`t earned it but there is no way Lats deserves top line over Kosty . The bottom line is , we are having a tough time scoring , and HE MIGHT BE A GOAL SCORER ONE day , Lapierre WILL NEVER BE A SCORER , The longer we keep him in Hamilton , the lower his value is. Bring him up and give a job on a top 2 line , not a cup of coffee with Begin .
Chipchura was solid , does all well nothing great , but WE HAVE OUR # 3 CENTER
ready for next year , Thanks Bonk but bye , bye. He is strong, kills penalties , works the corner s well ,and has solid defensive skills, a lock for next year .

Thanks geeman for your time and info

Lapierre...I think he would be a great energy player with offensive upside for the
3rd line (maybe even the 4th).

Begin-Pleks-Lapierre

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Ryan O'Byrne

I never went ,but I watched the game on leafs tv game in a hour . Grabs was good ,and Kosty let go some heavy wrist shots on the pp. They was one or more that were like slap shots I'm going to watch the game again tomorrow ,Because I was being bugged today when watching the game on my DVR

Ryan O'Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
This speculation is completely out of left field as nobody expected Ferland to make the club out of training camp.

He's a 4th liner that hits like a mack truck and chips in the odd goal, and from what I hear that's exactly what he's doing in Hamilton. What exactly were you expecting from him?

Since his foot speed improve a lot between 2004 & 2005 training camp, I was expecting that it would've improve as well. Since he played some game last year as well made me though he could have a chance on the 4th line this year with the big club. Since he had a good camp (2 goals & hits & work hard) I originally thought he could take Murray spot. He HAD some offensive awardness when playing for the Titan in junior. I'm not saying he is better than Lapierre, or that he work harder than Lapierre, in fact, I like Lapierre and he has more speed than Ferland. However, what Ferland shoed us last year at the pro level was OK and I though he had a better chance this year.

There's also 3 things that we must take into consideration:
1. He's the son of my cousin (so sometime, I have some inside news) and when I don't have any, I try to find some (sorry)
2. SInce next year Kost, Grabov, Lapierre & Chip should have a good chance to make the club, I don't see where he fit in the habs plan. I though it was his last year to prove himself.
3. Throughout all his training camp (he attended to 3 camp) he was almost always the last player cut. Usually, it's a good sign.

Now, I'm just checking what's happening with him since he don't produce too much and I can predict this: if he's not making the club this year, he'll try to sign elsewhere next summer and made a name for himself with another club (NHL or not). I'm always thinking about Boston because he's a good friend of Bergeron (played Junior together) but I could be wrong. I would've love to see him in Montreal, I guess that I have to made up my mind that I'll see him play in the NHl wearing another jersey. Since I'm a big hab fan, I would've love to see him play with Mtl.

so long

fatmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax View Post
Since his foot speed improve a lot between 2004 & 2005 training camp, I was expecting that it would've improve as well. Since he played some game last year as well made me though he could have a chance on the 4th line this year with the big club. Since he had a good camp (2 goals & hits & work hard) I originally thought he could take Murray spot. He HAD some offensive awardness when playing for the Titan in junior. I'm not saying he is better than Lapierre, or that he work harder than Lapierre, in fact, I like Lapierre and he has more speed than Ferland. However, what Ferland shoed us last year at the pro level was OK and I though he had a better chance this year.
Well I'd love to see him on the 4th line and have Murray sit in the pressbox. Problem is, you just can't pass over Lapierre to call up Ferland. It is unfortunate and as you say, he's in a bad spot right now due to all the prospects that will be getting a look.

Hopefully he'll see 4 games as a Hab this year.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 03:12 PM
kernkraft

Interesting, possible lines for next year (taking into account we might not be able to sign back all our UFA's or don't want to):

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Kovalev-Kostitsyn
Perezhogin-Grabovski-Latendresse
Begin-Plekanec-Johnson

Komisarek-Markov
Souray-O'Byrne
Bouillon-Dandenault/Streit

Huet/Aebischer
Danis/Halak/Price

This is assuming Rivet doesn't return (traded, whatever) and that Bonk and possibly Aebischer suffer the same fate (we can't keep 'em all folks).

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote